It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REV Ch. 6 - Is Bush one of the 4 Horsemen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian, or particularly religious, but I do read the Bible along with many other religious and theology books, because I find them fascinating. While reading Revelation, to see if Bush fit the description of the antichrist (he doesn't) I stumbled across this interesting little passage. I'm curious about your thoughts. And please, no quotes about how all I need to do is follow Jesus or some such; I already know, and if I choose to do so, it will be from my own decision. Anyway, what I found is as follows...

REV 6:13
"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind"

...and I started remembering about the Genesis Solar Wind collector satellite. It would resemble a star, falling from Earth. The solar wind...is, well, a mighty wind. Maybe I'm grasping at straws here... so I reread the whole chapter.

REV 6:02
"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

An allusion to Pres. Bush?

REV 6:06
"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."

Possibly tied to the economic problems?
The oil and the wine? The oil and the wine?
Not sure about the wine reference, but oil was the first thing to be secured in Iraq. I know that it was probably in reference to olive oil, but still... shivers... Bush does have quite a hard on for the oil industry.

REV 6:09-11
"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

And then this... afterward. It seems to fit fairly well with the reaction to 9/11 and the ensuing war of revenge in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And then the solar wind collecting satellite fell from orbit...

Like I said, I'm not a Christian, and I'm not prone to sudden outbreaks of panic. But it's a fairly convenient fit for those particular passages. The next passage says:

REV 6:14-15
"And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;"

This would seem to describe fairly accurately a nuclear blast, our current biggest threat and fear, and what would be the likely reaction of the world leaders going into bomb shelters, bunkers, Norad, etc...

So I'm curious as to your thoughts. I honestly don't know what to think at this point. Is this just "seeing faces in the moon," or does it seem like something more?

[edit on 12/22/2004 by thelibra]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
thelibra,
I respect your thoughts on this, and I'm not trying to bust your bubble here, but that is my grievance with those trying to decipher or interpret Biblical scripture: it can't be literally done with any type remote accuracy. Basically, it all amounts to speculation. The scriptures were written almost 2,000 years ago and what you are speculating was speculated in Korea, WWII, WWI, etc.

As to your postulation/speculation, Is Bush one of the 4 Horsemen?, my answer would be no, he is not one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. This topic goes hand-in-hand with the large amounts of speculations on who is the antichrist.

Sorry, just an opinion.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven..."
Matthew 24 : 36

Like the writings of Nostradamus, many people have tried to fit the book of Revelation to events that have happened through the years. Some of it seemed to fit at the time, but obviously Armageddon hasn't happened yet.

You have to look at the Bible as a whole whenever you interpret it. Since no man knows the time of the final events, it won't be possible to construct a timeline that leads right to the end. Some of the symbolism in Revelation deals with events during the time of the Scriptures and so doesn't even apply to the future.

new topics

join