It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

military sent to small town in texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

If someone wants to connect it to that for a theory they can. I'm trying to keep my eyes open around where I live and report it here. I thought that was what this place is for.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: stellawayten

States have no authority over any military but the National Guard. Which would be the military involved in case of flooding. Like last week.

My buddy was one of the crew chiefs on those med birds.

Those guys did a hell of a job.
edit on pSat, 16 May 2015 21:04:46 -0500201516America/Chicago2015-05-16T21:04:46-05:0031vx5 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The National Guard mission is to assist with emergencies in the state. They're near the town in case an emergency occurs. There are huge storm systems all over the midwest tonight, so they're prepared. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they DON'T prepare and there's a massive flood, then it would be "Where was the military to help?" But since they ARE prepared and ready to go, it's something suspicious and something more than simple prepositioning for a potential flood.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

It doesn't hurt to have your eyes open.

Eta: and you are the only one to say jade helm.

Lol, I looked up Granbury, TX on Google maps and right there big-as-life was a giant Walmart Supercenter, not kidding, try it... do-do-doo-do (Twilight Zone music)

But seriously, I hope folks are safe and all goes well.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
If they DON'T prepare and there's a massive flood, then it would be "Where was the military to help?" But since they ARE prepared and ready to go, it's something suspicious and something more than simple prepositioning for a potential flood.

That's pretty much the standard conspiracy world conundrum .

Take preparatory steps for a possible rescue and it's something suspicious.
Take more than a day to respond to something and it's suspicious.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

After Katrina the Pentagon set up the DCRF mission. A mission set my unit will take over come June 1st.

We're tasked to be the nations' aviation 911. There are a lot of interlocking agencies, departments, and units. It is considered a NO FAIL mission set and we have been, and are slated to, participate in national level training exercises specifically designed to deal with that mission set.

After Afghanistan it is a mission I am more than happy to take as it is a direct benefit to the American people. It is also a mission set most Americans don't know anything about. Not because it is necessarily secret, even though there are tactical facets to it in the case of invasion, terrorist attacks, NBC attacks, and so on. It is primarily the result of learning from our mistakes in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina..But most, including many in the military, don't know about it because it is a rotational mission set and its facets aren't used often, if at all.

I hope it stays that way too.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I can tell you that, in 1993, during all of the flooding, military people were used to fill and place sandbags before the streets in a nearby town flooded, to try and head off some of the damage. So, depending on what they are doing, sure, it's possible. I know that happened in '93, because my husband wa part of that activity.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I live around here. I didn't get this off of youtube. I'm trying to bring first hand knowledge to you guys. also, why is this town so important? Haven't heard of them being anywhere else.

I apologize. I'm just trigger-happy because of all the Jade Helm hysteria taking over and causing irrational fear among people who don't know any better.

"A guy in camo! Jade Helm!" "A Hummer on a truck! Jade Helm!" "A helicopter flew over! Jade Helm!" It's getting ridiculous.
edit on 5/16/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I was in the National Guard in NY back in 1996. Before that HUGE blizzard that shut down the east coast, they had us staged at the armory the night before the storm started, and thank god they did. Conventional ambulances and police cars couldnt drive in the snow where our humvees were able.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Its not unprecedented for the military to respond in times of crisis. Its common practice for explosive teams with dogs to report when a local agency does not have the assets to act quickly or safely in the event of a threat. The military has also responded with helicopter rescues in areas overwhelmed by flood waters and without enough assets to act quickly and safely.

When I was at AIT in Alabama, a situation arose in a small town on the outside of the post which was Fort Rucker. The town was Samson Alabama and apparently the local authorities made a request after a man shot 9 people.

archive.armytimes.com...

The soldiers arrived in the hours after the shootings, which stretched the town's tiny police force and county officers to the limit with several different crime scenes.

In the aftermath of this incident it was determined that laws were broken and disciplinary action was taken. There was no ill intent by the Officer who made the decision to send a team to help local authorities after a request was received but the Officer exceeded his authority when the team responded.

The report from the Department of Army Inspector General found the use of military personnel in Samson violated the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits federal troops from performing law enforcement actions.

Samson Police requested assistance from Fort Rucker to relieve law enforcement at traffic check points around the crime scene area. The mission in Samson lasted about five hours. The military also guarded bodies at a makeshift morgue.

The Officer's intent was to be a good neighbor and help a local authority that was overwhelmed but was in direct violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. He made his decision because of actions he took during Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans where the military was authorized to act in search and rescue and limited powers during the Martial Law crisis that was declared.

I would not see action taken in regards to search and rescue as any violation of the PCA as they are not acting as law enforcement and would welcome them if I was trapped in rising waters with no help in sight. I do not believe any Command would participate in any action without a direct approval from the authorities at the Pentagon and that any response would be from National Guards troops first with perhaps assistance from active duty personnel.

Any action from National Guard troops would require the Governors request first and any other response would be from Guard authorities through the military channels which would require additional approval before any assets would be provided.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure why so many posters are dissing on the OP here. She clearly states:

I just wanted to document this here in case anything weird happens.

Not one word about Jade Helm or any other conspiracy at all - simply a Just in Case post.

Good. Good on the OP for posting about on the ground activity in her area.

Plenty of other folks have posted here about unusual (and unusual doesn't always mean suspicious, it means not the norm) activity in their hometowns who weren't reacted to with such disrespect.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So now people are reporting hearing a weird noise in the sky!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Have you heard what is going on with China and the South China see?
I see a tie in here...Pratice anyone.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Now there is a possible gas leak at the nuclear plant According to scanner.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

No. Do you have a link for me to read?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Now there is a possible gas leak at the nuclear plant According to scanner.

Correction!!!!
It is not the nuclear power plant. I misubderstood. It's the other power plant. They have fixed it now. That must have been the strange noise people were hearing.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Have you heard what is going on with China and the South China see?
I see a tie in here...Pratice anyone.

Why would the Texas National Guard train to confront China on the controversial issue of them expanding islands and their presence in the South China Sea and how exactly would they confront the PLAN with swift rescue boats?

The U.S. Navy would train to confront the PLAN, with real Naval ships by utilizing a training scenario already set up to simulate such a confrontation in waters, with islands, similar to those in the South China Sea.
edit on 5/17/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here is what hood county news said...
The noise “like a jet is taking off” is coming from a malfunctioning gas well valve at the steam plant property on Lake Granbury, according to dispatch traffic. There is no safety threat, officers reported.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hmm. There *is* lots of radio chatter reported in the states where JH is suspected of happening in.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join