It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left handers of the ATS community. Stand up and be counted.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: Skid Mark

The school didn't but my grandmother did. I was forced to spend hours upon hours practicing my penmanship with my right hand. Now I am the opposite off ambidextrous. Both of my hands are equally dumb. 2/3s of everyone in my family was left handed.

a reply to: Observationalist
I flunked cutting as a kid. I probably still would flunk since I avoid it.

Nice, I'm not alone. I get to relive the first grade trauma of arts and crafts time every Christmas, cutting wrapping paper. thank goodness for gift bags and paper cutters.

edit: fixed quote/reply. see I can't do it

edit on 17-5-2015 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I think you just replied to your own post which would mean that for now you are still alone I'm afraid

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I think you just replied to your own post which would mean that for now you are still alone I'm afraid

Thanks for helping me feel better about something I'am already insecure about, geesh

By the way Thanks Non, for putting together this thread.

edit on 17-5-2015 by Observationalist because: Wow

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I must say it did make me laugh especially when you consider your username!

As for the left handedness I tend to cut wrapping paper in a series of hacks resulting in a kind of sawtoothed hexagon as oppsed to the neat rectangle I was trying to achieve.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I know, talk about username regret. I have thought of putting a disclaimer in my signature. Warning may not be as observant as he appears.

In my defense I post mostly from my phone which has no preview. So that's my excuse.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: solargeddon
Ut oh I hate to be that know it all but a woman is born with all the eggs she will ever have. They don't develope over time however they mature at different rates. Women over forty release multiple eggs sometimes which is why twins occur more frequently in older mothers but this has nothing to do with being left handed or causing left handedness as I think you realise.

No but if the theory in the documentary ( I think it was a documentary) has any bearing, then perhaps some of those twin pregnancies which only gave way to live singleton births might support why after 40 the instance goes up, as it theorised that evey twin one wuld be right handed and one would be left handed, or so it went. I'm not asying it's the case, I am merely speculating as it was something I had seen years ago and thought the over 40 thing was interesting. I'm well aware you are born with all your eggs...I am a woman after all, as far as I am aware the quality of the eggs deteriorate as you age, which is posibly one of the reasons you may produce more eggs, as less are viable.

Sorry I took for granted that everyone would know what I meant about production...didn't think I had to be so sepcific

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I think that most lefties become ambidextrous because they adapt over time to a right handed world.
I'm a lefty and I can do much more with my right hand than most righties can with their left. We're kind of forced into it. .

I have made a point of encouraging my leftie to use the left hand, even got him left-handed scissors. Then, my dad did talk about the issues, so I have heard about them!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nope. I ain't buying it. Bloody weirdos, the whole lot of ya, writing all wrongly, playing upside down guitars and backwards drummers and generally just being wrong all around.

Can't trust a lefty, what with the beady eyes and bad clothes(probably dressed by their mothers), I tells ya, it's a scourge and something needs to be done about it. There's just something not RIGHT about lefties(see how clever I am and what I did there?) and it needs to be stopped.

This goes on too long we will have evil hordes of evil lefties trying to make us righties conform to their twisted left handed version of reality. Probably make us use those weird scissors too. Nefarious, I do say, and it's no wonder so many recent Presidents have been lefties. It's all part of the plan.

I'm on to you guys. Sure, I may be the only person in the world who is but that's ok. I've never been wrong before so how could I be wrong now?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i am a lefty and proud of it...my dad and my older son as well...doing some things do suck at times..to learn from some one who is a righty and it dont work as i always do it my way....

edit on 20-5-2015 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Nope. I ain't buying it. Bloody weirdos, the whole lot of ya, writing all wrongly, playing upside down guitars and backwards drummers and generally just being wrong all around.

Can't trust a lefty, what with the beady eyes and bad clothes(probably dressed by their mothers), I tells ya, it's a scourge and something needs to be done about it. There's just something not RIGHT about lefties(see how clever I am and what I did there?) and it needs to be stopped.

This goes on too long we will have evil hordes of evil lefties trying to make us righties conform to their twisted left handed version of reality. Probably make us use those weird scissors too. Nefarious, I do say, and it's no wonder so many recent Presidents have been lefties. It's all part of the plan.

I'm on to you guys. Sure, I may be the only person in the world who is but that's ok. I've never been wrong before so how could I be wrong now?

The ultimate goal of left handers everywhere: to subjugate the right handed world, and make them use left handed spiral notebooks to write in. with erasable ink.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I've invented left handed forks and spoons! Who wants one?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Ideally I would like 2 unless you know something I don't

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

PooF! They're in the right hand drawer by the sink. You're welcome.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Ummm...when I was an up and comer...I was ambidextrous...I used to write and draw with both left and right hands...at the same time...

My wonderful teachers in public grade school soon trained me out of that by forcing me to only use my right hand...The negative stigma they attached to my ambidextrous natural state had me thinking I was some kind of freak...

My lefty aspect resurfaced when I was a teen after I dislocated my right elbow and shoulder...it's since gone dormant...mostly...

I just tried some left hand writing and voila...it's legible........cool...

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

HA! I WAS right, and you just admitted to it. SUCKER!!!!!!

I worked with a lefty years ago. We had some epic trash talking battles. We threw so much nonsense at each other that it went beyond ridiculous. Fun times.

What's funny is a left handed spiral notebook isn't that much of a deal to a righty, as the print still goes from right to left we don't have to put our hand on the words and smudge them nor does the spiral make things much more difficult, except maybe that last word on the line. Now those funny scissors you guys have, that's another story.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I'm quote "left handed." I can also use my right hand, (Insert awkward pun here). Seriously though, I can write with my right as well, just not as accurate. A bit more training and the writing would suffice.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I bet a lot of stuff mentioned on this website many different variations of humans would call you freaky. I think we're all different. No normalcalities. Yes, groups will have their common opinions and expressions, but then they may also disagree with something different. To have a valueable relationship with someone look past those things. Love is kind. It never fails.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I just realised that as a left hander when I write I twist the paper sideways and write downwards.

When at school we had to learn to write with a fountain (ink) pen and it was the only way I could write without smudging the ink as my hand followed the pen.

The teachers used to get annoyed with me for not having my paper nice and straight.

Even at 6 years old I could see that the strightness of the paper in relation to the desk was less of an issue than smearing ink all over my hand and paper but that's teachers for you I suppose.

Lefty too.
Fountain pens!!!
At school (many many years ago) they insisted I used a fountain pen, and I always ended up covered in ink, even on my face!
Like many others, writing left handed, tools any hand, throwing right hand, painting around the house any hand, going to the toilet....we wont go there!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I also insisted a spiral notebook with the spirals on the other side. Lol. Nah, I didn't complain. Just a lot of smearing. Thank goodness we can type/speak up word documents now! Look, we're even saving the trees! Go environmentalism !

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

You're all very naughty and it's quite intriguing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join