It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left handers of the ATS community. Stand up and be counted.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My dad was a leftie, and my husband is also.
He's so much like my dad that it's sometimes uncanny!!!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am a lefty but I do a lot with my right hand as well.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I write left, throw/punch/kick right. I like to think my left hand/arm is more precise/accurate, and my right side is more powerful.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm a cuddy wifter.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well, I am not a leftie myself, but my dad was, and my younger son (who has my dad's name as his middle name, is. My dad was a very good pianist, and percussionist, and played the organ as well, so he had the musical ability. Not sure about the son, just yet, though he will sing on occasion. My dad was also a very valued employee where he worked, doing high-level computer programming, troubleshooting, and the like. So, math and music, he had. His mother was older when he was born - youngest of three - but not sure if she was over 40. I was n my 30's when my younger son was born. Temper? The younger son gets angry more easily than the others, and my dad could as well. Insomnia? Can't sy there, but both night people. I am, too, on that one.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My son is left handed, which is why I read the article, he isn't just left handed he is profoundly leftie.

I knew pretty much from his birth that he was a leftie, born when I was in my twenties and I am right handed, his dad was left handed so maybe he gets it from him.

What's bizzarre is his little sister....took longer than most children to decide which hand she was and in the end school forced her to pick her hand...her right hand, because it appeared she had more control over her pen movements, but she is left footed, in that she rides her scooter "goofy" just like me.

There is one interesting area that my son will at times ick his right hand to use...when sucking his thumb, for some strange reason he has never had a preference when it comes to his thumb, so he would quite happily suck both which is strange as most kids do.

I remember reading or watching something once, years ago relating to theories of why there are left handed people and one proposition was, all left handed people had a twin, which didn't survive, it probably has been discounted now, but it is interesting that women over 40 are more likely to produce left handed offspring, as over 40, female bodies can go into overdrive with egg production, as a last ditch pro-creative attempt, as a consequence they are more likely to have a twin pregnancy.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm primarily left-handed.
Ambidextrous at other things. I paint with a brush in each hand and could switch stance boxing with pretty much equal effectiveness.
I play guitar right-handed because I was too lazy to switch the strings around on my first instrument and just learned to play it that way.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

As a left hander I play giotar right handed. Bass I can figure either way unless it's really complex then lefty.

As said anything to do with tools or painting it's whatever hand is easier but many right handers think I'm odd as they are straight as a die with the right but like a drunken idiot with the left. I always say it's because it's easier to be ambidextrous than not.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My dad was also a very valued employee where he worked, doing high-level computer programming, troubleshooting, and the like. So, math and music, he had.

Yeah! My dad, too! He was an engineer (mechanical, electrical, etc) and a pilot. He loved music and played coronet. His mom was a concert pianist (I now have her "home" piano - a small grand). We grew up with math, music, and books.

And my husband, also a lefty, is a computer whiz. Very analytical.

I miss my dad.

edit on 5/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lefty here, I eat drink and do most things with it, though I can shoot with either hand.

I have used right handed scissors always. I started writing with my right hand about a year ago, for a healthy brain, and my print is better with it, but I can only right cursive with my left. I have started practicing writing with both at the same time, and I can do different numbers (though not very neatly) but I cannot do different letters, or words at all...yet.

I have read so many not so nice things about us lefties, I think we are awesome though. My dad and my sister are lefties like me, my mom and two brothers are righties.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I found something that will shed more light on the subject of left handedness. Enjoy!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

So although it's beyond midnight on a saturday night here I will take that as a good thing.

Lefties are more likely to be deemed insane but are better than the other bunch.

I think it may be down to either alien interaction or the sexual interaction of Angels with the children of men.

As long as we are superior I am good with any outcome.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You still have the problem of "specialized" scissors. I have a left handed screw driver I could send you.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You still have the problem of "specialized" scissors. I have a left handed screw driver I could send you.

If you have a decent left handed Jigsaw I would take you up on that offer.

People think I am making a joke even in what in the US are called "hardware stores"

Scissors are easy for us, remember we have Alien genes to overcome such stuff.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It must be those hidden tentacles.
What do they call hardware stores in the UK?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

It must be those hidden tentacles.
What do they call hardware stores in the UK?

The big ones we call DIY stores. Thats like B and Q or wickes that sell lots of stuff and crappy wood that you cannot really work with.

We have other shops that you can buy stuff from were you get what you ask for but they are in decline.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm a lefty, and ambidextrous. However, in my case I had burned my right had as a toddler that made fine motor control of my right pointing finger impossible. So, I pay pool, eat, and write with the left and do everything else right handed like shooting, etc. I do have a lot of the traits described by lefties in the article though.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

My hometown has always had 2 lumber yards. Both locally owned, but one staffed with idiots.

Home Depot has just opened a store....and im worried about my mom and pop place. I go there because they hire folks who know their stuff.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Reporting in, Also as a general question. How many of us have alien experiences?

My younger brother is lefthanded as well. Though, no one else in my family uncles of cousins are left handed as far as i know.

However maybe someone in my family was potencially as a not to distant ancestor.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm a leftie, can't you tell by the way I write?
What?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join