It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

federal land grab near Groom Lake/NTTR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
OK, not exactly near Groom Lake, but the land grab is in the Nellis MOAs (military operating area). I get antsy any time the feds grab land near the range.

Here is the bill, which has already passed the House and Senate and is waiting for a presidential signature. I assume this is a done deal.
land grab bill

I haven't been able to track down a legal description of the land, which is odd.

This blogger has a crude map.
4thst8.wordpress.com...

It looks like they stole the Worthington Mountain range, which is getting close to where Groom Lake visitors poke around.

If they just preserve the land from commercial use, I supposed that is OK. But often they deem the land "wildlife refuge area" which means no motorized vehicles can enter the area. I don't know about you, but I don't bring a horse when I visit the range.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Here is what really grates me about all of this. On the one hand, Big Brother waltzes in and evict this person from her own land because her choice of abode did not comply with the homelands' ideals of what constitutes an abode, and on the other hand they waltz in and just take land, call it something and most likely, to enforce this, throw up their gang signs thusly......

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
They're expanding a number of MOAs. Powder River is set to quadruple in size. Fox 3 is going to expand with new areas added near it, and several others are expanding.
edit on 5/16/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I do like to ask pointless questions on topics I know little about .. But why would they want to increase the size of MOAs?
Or is this expansion to help stop snooping eyes getting close to restricted areas ?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The Powder River expansion puts it closer to Elsworth, where the B-1s that use it a lot come from. It saves flight time getting to it and expands use time, an added bonus is less fuel required which saves money.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

The reason for occupying these areas is to create domestic military bases for the troops overseas.

One less discussed consequence on the dollar collapse is the need to quickly close down almost all military bases abroad. And consequently the question of where to accommodate the troops on US soil.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just a FYI in case somebody doesn't know, a MOA is not restricted airspace. Light aircraft fly the MOAs around the NTTR all the time.

Typically Nellis Control will greet the civilian aircraft with the message "fighter type aircraft at all altitudes and speeds."

Nellis tends to use the MOAs for one on one dog fighting rather than a fleet of aircraft. An instructor and a student go to the MOA to do individual instruction. Other times a student will go to the MOA to practice BFM (basic flight maneuvers) by himself or herself.

Back to the original topic, the land grab appears to cover Coal Valley and Garden Valley. I know people live in Garden Valley, so I don't know how this will effect their property.

A nice drive is to go though Coal and Garden Valley then though the forrest land ending up on route 6 a bit east of Base Camp.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

your link for bill comes back Page Not Found.
your second link says it's just a bill.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I must admit I know next to nothing about things over in the states. Being the other side of the Atlantic I don't have the pleasures to visit such places. However your posts I always like to read as am always willing to learn new things and get an insight of what goes on on the world

I guess I'm just a curious devil so sorry if I jump on threads that really don't have anythin to do with what I know

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

They estimated the Powder River expansion would save $21M a year. I haven't read much on the other expansions though.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Would seem the logical thing to do if it saves fuel etc especially for the b1s they must be a thirsty aircraft. As I said I just like to be nosey and learn more when threads like this come up. I doubt there will be a day I'll ever have to use this sort of information from this thread

edit on 16-5-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That's like, a tenth of the size of the entire state! Unacceptable.

Watch the national and state parks too. I've discovered some underhanded dealings- and I wouldn't doubt other national parks are being utilized as well.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is the text of the older bill. For some reason the new version isn't showing up in Google. The text hadn't changed.

To provide for the withdrawal of certain Federal land in Garden Valley, Nevada.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ``Garden Valley Withdrawal Act''. SEC. 2. GARDEN VALLEY, NEVADA, WITHDRAWAL.

Subject to valid existing rights in existence on the date of enactment of this Act, the approximately 805,100 acres of Federal land generally depicted on the map entitled ``Garden Valley Withdrawal Area'' and dated July 11, 2014, is withdrawn from--

(1) entry, appropriation, and disposal under the public land laws;

(2) location, entry, and patent under the mining laws; and

(3) operation of the mineral leasing, mineral materials,

and geothermal leasing laws.

top topics

join