It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'gender fluidity': Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Call it "gender fluidity"?

Call it a disgrace to nature

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I'm actually pretty shocked at the responses here. I don't see this as a way of pushing an agenda, or brainwashing our kids into whatever you think it is they are trying to do to them. What really is wrong about teaching sexuality to kids?

Bring on the generation with less ignorant, insulting viewpoints. This is a good thing.

Its not the schools job to teach sexuality.......

Its the schools job to teach how babies are made ...

Schools would hate us to teach Christian Doctrine........this is the same thing in reverse.....

Let the parents handle the "Social " aspects , and let the kids find their way......

Its schools jobs to teach kids HOW to think, not WHAT to think.......

This is social programming.....

ANd if it were CHRISTIANS teaching their bible in class and how people should be expected to act and treat gays, they would throw a fit.......

This is IDEOLOGY, not biology, or reproductive health, or anything else.........period
edit on 5/16/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Call it a disgrace to nature

LOL did you hear yourself saying that?

Nature is a disgrace to itself?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheCretinHop

I think people are rewriting biological facts with complete nonsense.

The brain can be female and the physical body male.

Not rewriting biology. Evolving as more is learned.

Don't you mean the mind (ie: thoughts, beliefs, etc) and not the actual organ called the Brain? I'm a woman, I know I am, I've got all the parts, but my brain is no more female than my liver.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Fairfax is also the school district that passed a restroom/lockerroom policy over massive parent objection citing threats of loss of funding from the US Dept. of Ed. if they did not change the policy as their reason for making the change despite parental disapproval.

Are you talking about the no male/female restrooms, but anyone restrooms? That is another idiotic idea that is going to generate its own severe problems.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Are you crazy? We can't have that... That would mean an informed electorate. ...and none, not one, of the political parties want that. They want to be able to tell us what to think, and have us just nod our heads like a bunch of heat stroked cows.

Or something like that.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Its not the schools job to teach sexuality....... Its the schools job to teach how babies are made ...

It's kind of hard to teach how a person gets pregnant without teaching sexuality.

Schools would hate us to teach Christian Doctrine........this is the same thing in reverse.....

Of course it is this unlike religion requires intelligence.

ANd if it were CHRISTIANS teaching their bible in class and how people should be expected to act and treat gays, they would throw a fit.

They don't need to thanks to religious idiots in our government that preaches Christian dogma.

This is IDEOLOGY, not biology, or reproductive health, or anything else.........period

In case you didn't know this humans are a biological entity so yes it is part of biology.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Just smart enough to operate the machines but too dumb to figure out they are being screwed is the standard.My best friends work in Thailand and Singapore their kids academically are years ahead of Australian students,our students are so dumb the first 6 months of University is to make sure everyone is a high school level of education.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Are you crazy? We can't have that... That would mean an informed electorate. ...and none, not one, of the political parties want that. They want to be able to tell us what to think, and have us just nod our heads like a bunch of heat stroked cows.

Or something like that.

lol so true I stand corrected sir!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Don't you mean the mind (ie: thoughts, beliefs, etc) and not the actual organ called the Brain? I'm a woman, I know I am, I've got all the parts, but my brain is no more female than my liver.

NO

(post by ManBehindTheMask removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Oh boy, you got some fun reading ahead of you if you want. There are definitely physiological differences between the male and female brains. In addition to that, the same differences between male and female brains match up in transgender patients when examined postmortem. Meaning that a transwoman's brain has the same disparity markers that a ciswoman's brain has.

Much of these findings are pretty recent but you'll find the studies if you search the academic/scholar research papers in google. It's fascinating how physiology is finally validating a condition that people have been skeptical of for thousands of years.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I can hardly believe I am living in the real world any longer!

Funny - I feel a sense of genuine joy that finally the real world is being allowed to exist without being questioned, rearranged or shuffled off into the shadows

I want to ask you a question - and you'll maybe see it as snark, but I am to the bone sincere when I ask: Don't you sometimes (even just sometimes...?) begin to suspect that nature is not what you once thought? Or what you were taught?

Knowledge and wisdom should make the world a better place - but it doesn't. Nature will do what it will with or without our permission or (so obviously) our understanding. That is - until we try to understand it

People will also do what they will - with or without your permission and understanding

All you really need to know is that this is not something that really concerns you. Maybe science will be able to explain it one day - maybe not. Doesn't matter. If somebody decides who and what they are for themselves - it's not up to you to tell them they're not

Not your place - none of your business - not your right

The rest of us are going to carry on without you and begin the process of treating each other with respect and dignity

Like I said, in a world full of trouble, these advances in our thinking are one of the few things that brings me real joy

And it is not up to you to tell someone's children what you want them to believe.
Nature may be lots of things, but the definition lf male and female has be understood for hundreds of thousands of years. The only thing that this is teaching is confusion and is part of a much bigger agenda. And I like how you tell me what my rights are and what is not my business. That is exactly what I am saying about your side teaching other's children!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
a reply to: reldra
I do not have any problem with people being who they want or are. I have many friends that are in the in between area somewhere. However, what I disagree with is government overreach that feels they have to force these ideas on children who are confused anyway. It is just one sides agenda being pushed. That is pretty closed minded.

I don't see how teaching Sexuality and Gender Identity is a form of pushing any sort of agenda. These aren't even "concepts" or "Ideas", there are individuals who actually exist whom have biologically wired brains that coexist with our explanation of these naturally occurring phenomenon.

For example: The whole thing about there are no winners or losers, everyone gets a trophy crap that was pushed and I think still is on our children. They grow up believing THAT! I think it is one of the reasons kids are so entitled oriented. Also, they feel they have been lied to when they get in the real world and find out there are lots of winners and losers. They find that in every level of society. Then you have violent youth because they are not prepared for it.

I completely agree with you. "Everyone gets a trophy" concept is extremely damaging to an individual. Again, how exactly is teaching about naturally occurring conditions, sexualities, and psychological dispositions bad?

I wonder how you would feel if they started teaching men having sex with boys was perfectly normal and the way these men act because of their sexuality? And I am not talking about the rape of a child. Teaching them this is normal would make consensual sex ok. I don't think so.

Clearly you aren't very well versed in the subject. Firstly, "Child Molesters" are not the same as Pedophiles. Pedophilia is a Paraphilia, a Sexuality, where as molesting children is an actual action. Most child molesters aren't pedophiles. They are sexual sadists, or angry, drunken parents, they are lonely psychologically disturbed family members or family friends. Very few child molesters are actually Pedophiles.

Most pedophiles realize the damage they could cause if they acted on their sexual/romantic urges. A lot of them attempt to seek help, but in most cases they will be refused because they are instantly viewed as monsters due to the ignorance and intolerance of society.

Does that mean that I think child molestation is "normal", and that consensual sex with children is ok because of it. However, it's pretty evident that very few people actually know what a pedophile is, how they generally act, what they look like, or what their desires really are. So yes, I think that it would be incredibly beneficial for society to adopt the position that doesn't degrade anyone for their sexuality, and instead teaches that Sexuality (no matter what kind) is always a naturally occurring biological trait.

Does this mean we should legalize all of them? Absolutely not, they can still be damaging to other people and creatures. But what is wrong with enlightening people?

Your association with the concept that Child Molesters should be accepted just because Homosexuals are is just the kind of viewpoint that needs to be wiped off the face of the Earth.

It is a problem with government oversight and misguided attempts of pushing one groups ideas on the children. People that don't agree with it don't want their children exposed to it. If this were another issue, say we are going to teach firearm ownership and shooting to these kids, you would have the gunners/anti-gunners in a thread arguing back and forth. Ideas and ideology are at work here to bring down America. Get people to corrupt their morals and divide them. Seems to be serious division in this thread. Why do LGBTQ feel it is ok to push their agenda on the people but not the non-LGBTQ? It would be the same question with any other agenda that you may not disagree with. I think children need to be taught the standard curriculum that gives them the ability to think. And as I said before, teaching anti-discrimination, anti-hate would and I would have no objection but that is not what is being taught (assuming the article has a correct original source).

Again, completely ridiculous notions. this isn't an LGBT agenda, this is simply a matter of teaching about sexualities. If anything it should be placed in the Biology Curriculum. Homosexuality, or any sexuality isn't an "Idea", It's a naturally occurring phenomena and should be treated as such.
edit on 16/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Let's just cut to the chase...

When will I be able to go into the "girls" room to change? The whole idea is starting to sound kind of good to me...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Let's just cut to the chase...

When will I be able to go into the "girls" room to change? The whole idea is starting to sound kind of good to me...

Just as soon as you're ready to see a therapist, alienate yourself from most of the people you know, balance your hormones, buy a decent wardrobe, go through months of electrolysis or laser, flip your junk inside out, and then present yourself for the world to harass.

Totally worth getting a peek at a woman peeing, right?!

link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It is pushing an agenda when you consider that jut about every kid out there goes through a period in their development when they are a bit confused and question what their orientation/identity is. It's normal, but that doesn't mean that we have more than a tiny minority of kids who are legitimately transgender or of a different sexual orientation than hetero.

But, you start teaching them that they could be differing percentages of male/female with fluid sexual orientations on top of it all ... and you don't see the mess you are setting up?

"Well, daddy, they made us do this survey today, and I'm NOT your little girl. I'm about 30/70 female normative with bi-sexual tendencies. My homework is to get in touch with my masculine side and write a short journal entry about a time when I was sexually attracted to another girl and how I would handle it."

link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I agree. The hatred that they fuel will come back against them very badly eventually. Something is going to happen in this country and it will probably destroy the country as we know it. I think it is lost of these people because they don't realize they are setting themselves up for a very bad ending. Right now as things are, the Muslim population of the US will be the majority by 2050 due to birth rates alone. We know how they treat people in their countries. They will be in control of government and all of it's forces. That will be detrimental to everyone that goes against their religion as they will have control of the very power structure that is currently allowing the LGBTQ community to push their agenda.

I do not have a problem with the community being there doing their own thing. But, when pushing their ideas on the all the children is just short sighted. Teaching anti-hate, anti-discrimination would be the correct thing to do and not what is described in the article linked in the OP.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Indeed. It is a large pendulum, and right now it is swinging very, very far their way. They ought to consider what happens when it swings back as it always does.

Things are better for us all when it doesn't swing or when it doesn't swing too far.

Backlash can be a b****.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Ghost147

It is pushing an agenda when you consider that jut about every kid out there goes through a period in their development when they are a bit confused and question what their orientation/identity is. It's normal, but that doesn't mean that we have more than a tiny minority of kids who are legitimately transgender or of a different sexual orientation than hetero.

But, you start teaching them that they could be differing percentages of male/female with fluid sexual orientations on top of it all ... and you don't see the mess you are setting up?

"Well, daddy, they made us do this survey today, and I'm NOT your little girl. I'm about 30/70 female normative with bi-sexual tendencies. My homework is to get in touch with my masculine side and write a short journal entry about a time when I was sexually attracted to another girl and how I would handle it."

And who gets to decide what it means to be male or female? You've got to stereotype "these are female behaviors/feelings" and "these are male" and I'm against stereotyping!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join