It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'gender fluidity': Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Of course they shouldn't.

But do you honestly think that more legislation/laws will solve the problem?

People have to want to change, you can not force them to change.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
a reply to: Cuervo

Social Realities ? Says who ? Some left wing quacks ?

Gender is a social construct ??? No it's not...it's a product of nature.

Sure there may be a very small % of people with hormonal imbalances and mis-wired circuitry, but these people are less than .01 % and no reason to come up with some pseudo-science in order to validate their existence

When did you get your peer reviewed paper in gender science published? You didn't write one? Oh well, how about a link to your favorite contemporary gender science articles written by experts in the field? No?

Even if this didn't effect me on a very personal level, I'd still trust decades of gender science to scientists who dedicate their lives to the field rather than a few religious hate blogs. I may have my complaints about public schooling but I'm very happy my daughter is getting a 2015 public education vs a 1950's public education.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Gender Science... Wow

I am going to get a degree in Gender Science with a minor in African American Studies, while I am at it I am going to learn how to put horse-shoes on flying unicorns

Whoa, that proves it, conservatives are homo-phobe racists

No, I love you and want you to be happy. I just know psuedo-science and social engineering when I see it, and don't think it should be forced on everyone

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh crap! Makes me want to smite my breast and then puke up all over the place.

My gender review is hanging betwixt my legs, its a PHD of sorts even. Excuse me if I don't set around and wait for some overeducated jackass to tell me what its all about. Doing dishes, laundry, diapers ect hasn't caused it to diminish in the least. LOL

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

Its junk science. Junk.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It doesn't require new laws just simply adding the same protections you and I are entitled to by simply being born. Including information about gender identity to sex ed is simply logical and probably nothing like what the FRC and those that lend them credence, are freaking about anyway.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah, it seems you just can't stop a good hate campaign once it gets started unfortunately. Some people don't care about facts or sources as long as the message being spread is one that allows them to hate some group of people for all their troubles in life.

Pretty sad too when you consider that ATS is supposed to be about researching and digging into stories and information to get to the truth.

Maybe the motto should be changed to, "Truth be dammed, just give us some good 'ol juicy gossip to chew on!"

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You can't be that dense.

Social engineering... as claimed by people who want to put gays to death, to silence all conversation about things that don't fit within their comfort zones? Tell me, why is it that you all are so afraid of some walls being knocked down? Is it because people can wander more freely as opposed to being forced to travel a rigid path?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is all the result of overpopulation and kids being constantly told they are all special, they're all little snowflakes, no two alike. Now in the real world they're all striving to find something that makes them different than everyone else. Why do you think they keep adding letters to LGBTQ or whatever the hell it is now? Now the'yre talking about CIS Gender, and a whole other world of terms. What a joke, everyone has problems, we don't all need to fit our own problems into some neat little group or term to describe it. This is just the "hot" issue of the day, and the group that's yelling the loudest right now.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So, because we don't want the government to instill value systems onto children, it means we hate LGBT's

Why do you Hate Parents and their children ?

You think it's ok to force your values onto school children, that's hateful and Orwellian

Pseudo-Science from quacks does not equal facts

edit on 16-5-2015 by Noobarino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Now that's refreshing. All too many are more than willing to pass more and more laws. What's needed is a more equitable enforcement of existing laws.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
People wonder why this country is going down the toilet! Real education does not matter anymore, social education and indoctrination is more important now.

Government over reach is here and the same people who said they wanted to fight it are now embracing it just because it's a cause they can get behind.

I bet the people praising this are the same ones who said religion should be abolished from school. I find it a bit hypocritical but I don't support either of these things being taught in school.
This is part of an existing curriculum. You act as if they are replacing Math with it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

No, I think that the fact that this whole article is sourced from one guy who's known to lie to push an anti-gay agenda and who heads a organization deemed a Hate Group makes it a questionable piece of information.

It's kinda like assuming some information coming from the Grand Wizard of the KKK is credible source material about blacks or jews in society. Not really my first choice when it comes to credibility on such subjects, ya know.

In the article he even admits he has no evidence to support any of the outlandish claims he talks about but that doesn't stop anyone from just jumping right in step with his message.

It's very simple to figure out too as myself and others have pointed out. Just do a little background research on Mr. Sprigg and the Family Research Council first and you'll see what I mean. But that's only if actually care if you're being lied to or not. Because the only ones I see pushing agendas here is the FRC and Sprigg, which is the same agenda they've been pushing forever.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Which curriculum would that be? Health? Sex Ed? Biology? Psychology? Anatomy? Science? If it already exists why do they want to implement it?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Mr Sprigg is not the only person reporting on this, there are dozens of recent articles concerned with this curriculum.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You know, this whole frenzy is eerily similar to the "OH NO!! THEY'RE TEACHING EBONICS IN SCHOOLS NOW" frenzy that happened a few years back. Everyone was up in arms about it until the video surfaced that showed teachers showing a phrase like "These shoes be nice" and asking the students if that is correct English grammar.

All that to say, whoever wrote this article probably caught a snippet of a story somewhere and let their imagination write the rest of it.
edit on 2015516 by scolai because: Ironically enough, there was a grammatical error.

edit on 2015516 by scolai because: Tired

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Did you source any other articles about this to see where they are getting their information???

What I have found so far about this topic leads me back to Fox News and Sprigg of the FRC. If you have something different then you should post it as evidence.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino

Mr Sprigg is not the only person reporting on this, there are dozens of recent articles concerned with this curriculum.

Concern?

No -- FEAR -- of evolving in understanding the human body.

Let me guess --- religion is involved.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I'm not finding any.

Maybe my search criteria is off?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
a reply to: reldra

Which curriculum would that be? Health? Sex Ed? Biology? Psychology? Anatomy? Science? If it already exists why do they want to implement it?
I don't know, because it doesn't say. My bet would be Health or Psychology. The lesson plans haven't been made. One source says it is planned for fall 2016.
The only thing that actually happened was amending their discrimination policies. It comes from this : On March 4, 2015, Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring said local school boards have the authority under state law to include gender identity in their non-discrimination policies.
The U.S. Department of Education has told school districts that transgender students are protected from discrimination under Title IX and has recently required some school districts including Alexandria, Virginia,
to amend their policies to expressly include gender identity.
“No decisions have yet been made regarding accommodations that will be provided, under the revised policy. Our next step will be to hire a consultant to assist in developing appropriate regulations that protect the rights of all students and comply with state and federal law. Source
edit on 16-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join