It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call it 'gender fluidity': Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: Ghost147

Never the less, in a perfect world "getting in touch with your masculine side" wouldn't be frowned upon simply because you think girls should play with dolls and boys should play with cars.

A girl playing with cars, or a boy playing with dolls does not mean they identify with the other gender. There goes that stereotyping again...

They could actually cause a lot of psychological harm by causing kids to suppress thoughts and behaviors for fear others may question their gender... because those are considered 'male' traits or 'female' traits. Just let them be. Stop with the labels!!!
I don't think that is what ghost147 meant. That was out of context.
Also, my mom tells me my favorite toy when I was 1 and could find out of a pile when asked was GI Joe with the beard. She said I got bored with dolls easily, though I loved to dress the dolls and decorate a dollhouse, I didn't play after I set the thing up with furniture and people, that I was done. I liked to have fancy dolls, but decorating my room, not for a tea party. I liked cars, plastic car track sets. But generally, I wanted to be outside climbing things and flirting with boys, as young as 8 years old and I wanted to play with the toys they had. Even though I was a 'tomboy', she knew she would have difficulty keeping me away from boys lol

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have yet to see it proven that sexual orientation is a biological trait.

I'm not too sure I could give you research evidence you would accept but... have you ever wondered why there are so many gay animals in countless species if there were no biological cause behind it?

We're aren't just talking about aggressive males raping other males; we're talking nesting habits and even "lesbian" animals.

I don't think it matters if sexuality is chosen or not but, when I entertain the idea that it may be a "choice", I get stumped when I think of gay animals.

And you do realize that most of that homosexual behavior is not pairbonding behavior where the two animals in question want to actually mate with each other and try to produce offspring. It's dominance and hierarchy related or a clever breeding strategy designed to fool other males depending on what species you are talking about.

That is different than human homosexuality in almost every case.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

Did you choose to be straight?

My sister went from straight to gay and back to straight.

So at some point, she must have made some choices.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
A bit of science: Did you know all fetuses begin as female, it is when they receive or do not receive the Y chromosome that they continue on with their assigned sex. In some cases the brain may remain XX but the body becomes XY and vice versa, you are then transgender!

Wow, is that just wrong, or what? You "receive the y chromosome" at fertilization. There's no point where you get a Y chromosome later. Also, unless you're chimeric, every cell in your body is going to have the same sex chromosomes. They don't migrate to your brain at some point.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony
Nature vs Nurture my friends.

Really?

When our son started being aware of toys, we let him go where he wanted in the toy aisles and pick what he liked.

Guess what? He liked cars, trucks and shopping carts.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Did you choose to be straight?

My sister went from straight to gay and back to straight.

So at some point, she must have made some choices.
I would say she is bisexual. Especially if she had stable relationships with both sexes. Though, she may be more straight then bi. It is a spectrum, look at gender related research. You just proved gender fluidity. Congrats!
edit on 16-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony
Nature vs Nurture my friends.

Really?

When our son started being aware of toys, we let him go where he wanted in the toy aisles and pick what he liked.

Guess what? He liked cars, trucks and shopping carts.

Please stop it with your backwards 1950's thinking you bigot.... /sarcasim

link   

My opinions on the topic are already posted. I believe part of the underlying problem is exactly what you demonstrate in your posts, just attack everyone and everything that you deem to the left of the right side of the spectrum.

Is there something wrong with you? How is giving my opinion that I believe that we live in a very, very sick society have anything to do with attacking everything that I deem to the left of the right side of the spectrum?

Listen, I don't care about Party lines, and you should know that about me already after all these years. It's all rigged, and both sides are bought and paid for by internationalists, course that is an another entire discussion.

There is a serious disease in this Country, and it's sinking deeper every single day into moral decay, and I am not talking about religion either because I don't believe in 2 thousand year old fairy tales.

You live out here in occupied California, you see it every day too, you know exactly what I am talking about. So next time leave your generalizations out of the discussion. ~$heopleNation

link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

but this is going to create a bunch of overly sensitive, politically correct, weenies.

But after all the hormone disruptors have affected sperm count and masculinity in the young what do you expect. They will not question what was once considered significant signs of change in their bodies within the space of 2 generations. They will just see themselves as normal. Population reduction agenda is working out well.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think the OP is blown way out of proportion and full of ignorance, BUT I do think one day being fully male or fully female will be deemed flawed. Acting fully male or female will be a mental illness. I think this will happen as a result of more and more people pursuing flexible gender. Who wants to just be stuck with one thing? After several hundred years anybody who's as fully male or female as we're in 2015 will be considered dysfunctional.

I think people there will be less features which define gender. For example, guys will have less muscle, have less body hair, have smaller features. Woman's hips will be narrower and their breasts flatter. People won't just try to pursue something inbetween, they'll redefine what gender is. There might even be some gene-altering going on, completely changing our species. I imagine this will require 1000's of years to take place.

Someday woman might not even be needed for child birth. When that happens, more and more woman without those genes will appear. AS things get mixed more and more, there won't be males or females. Maybe latent gender features will remain, but they'll lose their significance.

I'm being honest. I may not have stated everything correctly, but I do feel thigns are going to blur a lot in the next 10,000 years.
edit on 16-5-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Or she's bisexual...

Have you ever looked at a woman and found yourself sexually attracted and then made a conscious choice to be heterosexual?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I have yet to see it proven that sexual orientation is a biological trait.

I'm not too sure I could give you research evidence you would accept but... have you ever wondered why there are so many gay animals in countless species if there were no biological cause behind it?

We're aren't just talking about aggressive males raping other males; we're talking nesting habits and even "lesbian" animals.

I don't think it matters if sexuality is chosen or not but, when I entertain the idea that it may be a "choice", I get stumped when I think of gay animals.

And you do realize that most of that homosexual behavior is not pairbonding behavior where the two animals in question want to actually mate with each other and try to produce offspring. It's dominance and hierarchy related or a clever breeding strategy designed to fool other males depending on what species you are talking about.

That is different than human homosexuality in almost every case.

If it were always an alpha/dominance thing (like what is usually used in examples), I'd agree. But the instances they didn't like to talk about until recently are all of the female-female and nesting male couples that exist where they don't really serve any sort of agenda. It's just what they are attracted to.

The kind you are referring to is pretty much the same kind of homosexual relationships you see in prison, where it serves a purpose as a result of circumstance. There's a whole wide world of gay animals out there. Of course, nobody judges them because they know it's natural. I guess that's one aspect of sociology that the animal kingdom is ahead of us on.

If you want to see what I'm talking about (I researched it a while back because I used to be in your camp with the gay animal thing), just check out the research papers linked on the subject in Wikipedia. It certainly surprised me.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

What are you talking about? I don't live in California, occupied or otherwise. And how should I know differently than what I see of your posts after all these years which is hatred of anything Left.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: new_here

A girl playing with cars, or a boy playing with dolls does not mean they identify with the other gender. There goes that stereotyping again...

Use of the phrase "identify with the other gender" would indicate a level of stereotyping in itself. Both with the implication that homosexuals "identify" with the opposite sex and with the notion that there is a single "other" gender.

Well frankly it is all a game of semantics. The fact that we have language, a person can say I have a penis but I don't identify male. Well ok. Every single person is different from every other person in what they think, believe and feel. I wonder if a lion has ever felt like a lioness?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here
That would be transgendered, not homosexual.

link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

My opinions on the topic are already posted. I believe part of the underlying problem is exactly what you demonstrate in your posts, just attack everyone and everything that you deem to the left of the right side of the spectrum.

Is there something wrong with you? How is giving my opinion that I believe that we live in a very, very sick society have anything to do with attacking everything that I deem to the left of the right side of the spectrum?

Listen, I don't care about Party lines, and you should know that about me already after all these years. It's all rigged, and both sides are bought and paid for by internationalists, course that is an another entire discussion.

There is a serious disease in this Country, and it's sinking deeper every single day into moral decay, and I am not talking about religion either because I don't believe in 2 thousand year old fairy tales.

You live out here in occupied California, you see it every day too, you know exactly what I am talking about. So next time leave your generalizations out of the discussion. ~$heopleNation
Disease? Decay? What is wrong with YOU?
edit on 16-5-2015 by reldra because: had to add caps on YOU

link   

a reply to: MoreBeer

Yeah? Care to elaborate?

No. I don't have time to argue with idiots.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So then they will just have 1 bathroom for all, since there's no such thing as boys and girls?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The only agenda is promoting tolerance.

Transgender people are tiny segment of society, yet they have an overwhelming number of suicides, assaults committed on them, high rates of being murdered, high rates of unemployment and HIV. All of them as a result of many people in society and society in general feeling it is okay to harass them, assault them, kill them, discriminate against them and treat them like freaks, monsters and pariahs.

The only AGENDA transgender people have is to be tolerated and to not be treated as outcasts and pariahs. And in achieving that, many of the overwhelming negative statistics that their segment of the population has can be lowered greatly.

The whole agenda is just this

1. To shape a society where it is not okay to assault or murder transgender people because they are transgender.

And what is so horrible about that? Why would any society worthy of continuation think it is okay for it's members to be free to assault and murder other members of that society and to often get a blind eye or a free pass.

2. To shape a society where it is not okay for employers to discriminate against transgender people rendering them unable to find gainful in employment and forcing them into illegal methods of employment, including the sex trade which increases their risk of HIV and other diseases.

What is so horrible about that either? What worthy society would not want to allow all of it's citizens including transgender people to gain legal employment, so they can pay their bills and taxes and contribute to the building of society rather then it's detriment.

3. To shape a society where it is not okay to harass and treat transgender people as deviants, social outcasts and pariahs, so they won't be so inclined to kill themselves.

What is so horrible about that? What moral and just society thinks it is okay to drive even a tiny segment of it's population to suicide, through being ostracized.

4. To shape a society where it is not okay to single out a small segment of the population and to ostracize them to the point of relegating them to the fringe and to be treated as social outcasts.

What is so horrible about that? And frankly many people besides transgender people have been subjugated to that atrocity over the ages. The Christians in pre christian Rome, the Jews in most of Europe leading up to and after world war two, African Americans in the early colonies, the untouchables in India. The truth is most of the fundamentalist haters could just as easily be thrust into the role of pariah with a simple turn of society. And what do you think will happen to the negative statistics of that class.Do you think maybe the rates of assault, murder and suicide might increase exponentially?

That is the only real AGENDA transgender people really have. To be treated with tolerance and not be relegated to a second class citizen status or a pariah class.

Oh the fricken horror of a society actually living up to a code of moral and ethics not for just one group or class but for all it's citizens. Yes it is a nightmare.

edit on 16-5-2015 by prisoneronashipoffools because: bolding

edit on 16-5-2015 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

edit on 16-5-2015 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join