It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSN down; Lizard Squad is back and bragging about it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well I got home from work, excited to play some Destiny and order pizza, but NOPE:

If you're trying to play games online on your PlayStation 3 or 4, you're not going to be able to. PSN is down thanks to Lizard Squad, the notorious hacker/DDoS group who lives to ruin the lives of gamers. The weekend or big holiday where everyone is off or a big game release rolls around, and they take down PSN.

According to PlayStation, they're experiencing problems. I noticed that I couldn't connect to PSN when I was trying to get on about 15 minutes ago at 7:45pm ET. Sony confirmed that the PSN Store, PSN, PlayStation Now, PlayStation Video, PlayStation Vue, PlayStation everything you could think of is not working.

Lizard Squad, who last reared their ugly head around the holidays, went to Twitter to take credit in a series of tweets and insults at gamers, going as far as saying "I really missed all the butthurt gamers, how you guys been? I'm sure you missed us just as much
."

Source

Anyone else having problems? Sometimes I wish I had Xbox ONE, they don't seem to get hacked as much as Sony....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Damn, that Lizard Squad SUCKS... Do they have a message or they just doin it for no real reason? Can they not be reasoned with??

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Sometimes I wish I had Xbox ONE, they don't seem to get hacked as much as Sony

No different.

xbox-live-suffering-issues-just-hours-after-psn-goes-down

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I honestly have no idea what their agenda is. I just know that because my girl doesn't understand gaming, she's said I can get an Xbox ONE because of this. UPSIDE!

I mean, if I had both I'd have to buy the game twice and create twice the characters (you can't transfer them between systems)...Still, it'd be nice to have one in each room...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

funny, I actually know an Afghan war veteran who is inked from toe to skull that has one each in every room. Blew my #ing mind. He unfortunately suffers bad PTSD, and if something triggers him can be rather scary to be around.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My Atari 2600 is still clicking like a champ.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I hate those loser hackers. I hope the FBI closes in on them and throws away the key.

Btw, they hack everyone the same, Xbox, PSN, Blizzard, Riot, etc, but definitely keep your girl ignorant to this fact.
edit on 15-5-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Time to switch to PC where providers aren't relying on decade old hardware...just my 2 cents. The time for consoles and brand restriction is dead, and the manufacturers proved it by providing 2009 technology and passing it off as new instead of pushing boundaries like consoles did in the past (they didn't want to take the hit to the bottom line this time). Pathetic machines not worth your time unless you're a casual, then go ahead.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: finitedualities
Preach it brotha! The price spent for a new ps3 could have easily bought the parts to build an above average pc.

Still i dont understand the point in hacking these systems. Id be so pissed if they screwed with Steam..

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: iFloButta

I'm a simple creature. I just want to push a button and play. I don't want to build anything or constantly be upgrading something so I can play the newest games. I also don't want to be screwing around with settings and registry errors. I don't want to sit at a desk to play games either.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

MystikMushroom, I could not have said that any better myself.

Gaming is supposed to be an escape from the niggling gripes of the daily grind, an escape from the screw head which simply rounds off for no good reason on a time pressured job, from the tool whose blades break too easily, from the malfunctioning cash register, and from the annoyances of chores and dealing with what we laughingly refer to as civilisation.

It is not supposed to require more work than one does when one is out earning money, or keeping ones house clean. When I need to destroy something in a simulated environment as fast as possible, for the protection of myself and those around me, I do not want to get hung up because some setting got changed on a random bit of software whose function is known only to the arcane techno-mages who craft the monolithic, power hungry towers which are owned by "1337" gamers. I just want to sit down on my couch, sight down the barrel of whatever monstrous face murdering device my character possesses, and ventilate some stuff with absolute prejudice, without being hindered by dialogue boxes, overheating processors, or the random and unknowable machinations of Windows systems in general (curses, curses upon that entire franchise).

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Funny I had absolutely no problems getting on psn yesterday, weird.

Peace.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

It was almost magical, as soon as I posted this here -- I was able to hop on PSN!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Lizard squad are hackers haha, please don't glorify these kids, They send packets of information thru a program they use, this is far from hacking and anyone can do it, but why would you.
I do feel sorry for Xbox live users, they pay for a premium network that they can't use.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wonder how much Microsoft paid them...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just trying to remember...Nope, Missile Command or Duke Nukem never got hacked. Ultima? nah. Doom? (Godmode and a BFG)
I guess we were just having too much fun back then to even think about jackin' around with everybody else's good times.
edit on 16-5-2015 by quercusrex because: punctuation

edit on 16-5-2015 by quercusrex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Lizard squad are hackers haha, please don't glorify these kids, They send packets of information thru a program they use, this is far from hacking and anyone can do it, but why would you.
I do feel sorry for Xbox live users, they pay for a premium network that they can't use.

ACTUALLY we can use live BUT no MULTIPLAYER WITHOUT GOLD. And These hackers need their hands amputated.

top topics

join