It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the barrier or walls of time be breaking down?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

a reply to: Korg Trinity

Way to dodge the question. Although I agree, there is no such place as a place with no place. Also there is no time as a time with no time. Interchange as you wish.

The question is layman Physics...

So which girls 30 years is the one that is absolute. I don't know why you think this refutes anything I said.

You know that theory was published by Einstien, right? The same guy who said time is an illusion. Same thing I'm saying.

It appears there is no getting through to you is there??

Both Girls times were absolute within their frame of reference....

If you want to deny the existence of something so fundamental to reality that it is experienced by everyone and effects everything from the measurement of the positioning of the starts to the cascade of atoms in a nuclear reaction to the calculations required to understand super symmetry and quantum gravity.... Everything.....that is of course your prerogative...

Korg.

The point is time is relative. It is dependent on the frame of reference. Therefore, not absolute.

Absolute means the same for all references.

What is so hard about this.

You are not understanding this are you...

Time runs the same for you where ever you are and however fast you are traveling... only when you measure more than one frame of reference is there any discrepancy.

Do you see?

Yeah. That's not absolute though. Absolute means independent of a frame of reference. If it is absolute, there is no discrepancy. That's why we have a theory of relativity. BECAUSE time is not absolute.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Here ya go. Straight from wiki.

The theory of relativity does not allow the existence of absolute time because of the nonexistence of absolute simultaneity. Absolute simultaneity refers to the experimental establishment of coincidence of two or more events in time at different locations in space in a manner agreed upon by all observers in the universe. The theory of relativity postulates a maximum rate of transmission of information as the speed of light, and one consequence is that simultaneity at separated locations always is relative to the observer.[11]

Are we done yet? Can we get back to the OP?
edit on 22-5-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Because I accepted a job in an other town I had to move house. Not very long after moving in I experianced something weird. It was about 11:00 PM and about to take off to deamland when I happened to see an old man with his dog in my bedroom. Both were transperant and the dog was very excited. The dog was running circles around the man and at a certain moment also around my bed...(my bed was placed in the corner of the room!!) The man was just standin there and I think he was also the owner of the dog. When I realised what I was witnessing the whole display went away.

A few years later my cat died in that same house... In that same bedroom I did see,, no, I first heared this familiar miauw of my cat and when I looked into the room I did see my (again transperant) dead cat walking into my bedroom.

Very weird experances altogether... I think that at this spot in my bedroom some kind of earth magnetic anomaly is present..

edit on 22/5/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Makes me think of Hopi prophecies involving a time which will "come to be" in which other forces and dimensions begin affecting our seemingly normal plane of existence more and more

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Because I accepted a job in an other town I had to move house. Not very long after moving in I experianced something weird. It was about 11:00 PM and about to take off to deamland when I happened to see an old man with his dog in my bedroom. Both were transperant and the dog was very excited. The dog was running circles around the man and at a certain moment also around my bed...(my bed was placed in the corner of the room!!) The man was just standin there and I think he was also the owner of the dog. When I realised what I was witnessing the whole display went away.

A few years later my cat died in that same house... In that same bedroom I did see,, no, I first heared this familiar miauw of my cat and when I looked into the room I did see my (again transperant) dead cat walking into my bedroom.

Very weird experances altogether... I think that at this spot in my bedroom some kind of earth magnetic anomaly is present..

Awesome. Thanks for being back on topic. It's interesting that you consider this a time anomaly, I never thought about it like that.

Did the dog seem to react to you? Or trying to bring the mans attention to you? It reminds me of my first (of 2) ghost sightings. It was an Indian boy who walked into my room. We locked eyes, there was a moment of mutual recognition. It made him so excited he broke into some sort of dance. He looked so happy I saw him. I on the other hand, was scared witless, and proceeded to run straight through him, as he was in the door, screaming.

I often wonder if I had reacted better, I might have seen him again.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hey, Everett,
What am I like in your world?
Let me take a peek.

Hey, Everett,
According to you, there are lots of different worlds
I’m not sure I understand

"Hi Dandy"
"Hello"
"How are you doing?"

Hey, Ph.D.
The alternate worlds will always be parallel
It’s enough to blow my mind

Oh, once it cools, it hardens
When Heated, it melts,
This world is so full of rules,
it’s gonna fall apart

One dimension, two dimensions, three dimensions,
A supernova falling west to east
Easy game, easy game, too easy game,
Going is fine, but what about coming home?

Oh, the dream of a never-ending dream
A melty, milky kiss,
How far will this world expand?

I find both the lyrics and the anime from which they stem to be quite brilliant.

You're accessing hidden realities. You're activating a form of second sight. Don't listen to people that would call you mentally ill, you're simply accessing aspects of reality that most people can't. It's has been a staple of mysticism for as long as our history.

If I was you I'd be excited. Might be other things happening as well, plenty of rumours flying around. I thought the poetry of the lyrics were quite synchronistic in a sense, if perhaps unintentionally at that.

I had two, or rather 3 experiences just this day. Interesting times, for me and you at least, it seems.

Have fun!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I love that show. I mean, who doesn't love boobies. It is really smart, and really dumb, in good ratios.

Gonna tell us about your experiences????

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Haha, yeah. I didn't really like Dandy at first but he kinda grew on me in the end and the robot and Meow kinda pulled his weight in the beginning. Best anime I've seen in a while.

As we're on the subject, do you have any good tips on animes? Been looking for something new to watch.

Nothing mind blowing really, two wisps of light. And, oh crap.. just saw this weird ass thing looking at me right the hell now.

I'm gonna go off the computer now.. as you might understand!
Crazy........... I'm pretty used to these things but this thing looked seriously weird and kind off freaked me out, though not in a malevolent sense. Didn't really get a clear look though.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If Time was a human construct then what happened before humans? Was there no time? And if so how could the universe move forward to a point by which humans could evolve??

So why do even scientists say this?

www.scientificamerican.com...

This one is. In other words, it feels as though time flows, in the sense that the present is constantly updating itself. We have a deep intuition that the future is open until it becomes present and that the past is fixed. As time flows, this structure of fixed past, immediate present and open future gets carried forward in time. This structure is built into our language, thought and behavior

Albert Einstein’s theories of relativity suggest not only that there is no single special present but also that all moments are equally real

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One of the best and weirdest Sci Fi books I read was Dhalgren by Samuel Delany

en.wikipedia.org...

Scorpions, cities laid to waste

Plot overview[edit]
The city of Bellona is severely damaged; radio, television, and telephones do not reach it. People enter and leave by crossing a bridge on foot.
Inexplicable events punctuate the novel: One night the perpetual cloud cover parts to reveal two moons in the sky. One day a red sun swollen to hundreds of times its normal size rises to terrify the populace, then retreats across the sky to set on the same horizon. Street signs and landmarks shift constantly, while time appears to contract and dilate. Buildings burn for days, but are never consumed, while others burn and later show no signs of damage. Gangs roam the nighttime streets, their members hidden within holographic projections of gigantic insects or mythological creatures. The few people left in Bellona struggle with survival, boredom, and each other.

Dhalgren and Delany's personal experience of reality[edit]
Samuel R. Delany is profoundly dyslexic and dysmetric. He once spent time in the mental health ward of a hospital. And he has repeatedly spoken and written of seeing burned-out sections of great American cities that most people didn't see, or even know exist. Dhalgren is a literary exposition of all these experiences for the "normal" reader.[

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

So weird. When I replied, I had this thought that I should tell you about my favorite anime. I don't much care for anime, but one got me really hooked. It was hard not to, but I considered it off topic.

It's called The Grappler. Sometimes Baki the Grappler. Two seasons that I know of. You MUST start at the beginning.

To bring it on topic, when I was first exposed to it, time dilated so much I was 2 hours late for work!

Let me know what you think, If you can find it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
One of the best and weirdest Sci Fi books I read was Dhalgren by Samuel Delany

en.wikipedia.org...

Scorpions, cities laid to waste

Plot overview[edit]
The city of Bellona is severely damaged; radio, television, and telephones do not reach it. People enter and leave by crossing a bridge on foot.
Inexplicable events punctuate the novel: One night the perpetual cloud cover parts to reveal two moons in the sky. One day a red sun swollen to hundreds of times its normal size rises to terrify the populace, then retreats across the sky to set on the same horizon. Street signs and landmarks shift constantly, while time appears to contract and dilate. Buildings burn for days, but are never consumed, while others burn and later show no signs of damage. Gangs roam the nighttime streets, their members hidden within holographic projections of gigantic insects or mythological creatures. The few people left in Bellona struggle with survival, boredom, and each other.

Dhalgren and Delany's personal experience of reality[edit]
Samuel R. Delany is profoundly dyslexic and dysmetric. He once spent time in the mental health ward of a hospital. And he has repeatedly spoken and written of seeing burned-out sections of great American cities that most people didn't see, or even know exist. Dhalgren is a literary exposition of all these experiences for the "normal" reader.[

All that going on and they suffered from BOREDOM? That is crazy.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I haven't watched too much anime either but I guess I've seen my fair share. Samurai Champloo and Black Lagoon were particularly awesome.

I'll definitely check that anime out, see if I can find it in high quality, thanks for the heads up.

OT:

This thread have really shown to be a strange and highly interesting collection of "glitches" and far out phenomena. Love this stuff.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think you all need to go an learn BASIC physics before you attempt to discuss these topics!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Hahaha. We already know it. We are talking about advanced concepts. Go sit in the corner of your Euclidean plane.

Amazing a proclaimed mathematician has no idea what the word absolute means.

Yeah, newtonian physics relies heavily on absolute time. It is incomplete and long outdated. Maybe you're just a few hundred years behind us.

Or perhaps, as with many fields, time can be treated as absolute, even if it is not, in your field.

Can't refute the wiki page can you, so you start lobbing insults. Two can play that game, but I'd rather just report you and get back to the interesting discussion.

I guess Einstein needs to learn basic physics too. How much do you charge for tuition? I bet it's over priced, even if free.
edit on 22-5-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Just read your groundbreaking unified field theory on zero. I don't think it is us who need basic physics lessons.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You play around with numbers and mathematics. Others play around with the reality of different planes/worlds/realms/dimensions actually experiencing it and interacting with it. This common semantic misunderstanding is old and tedious. No semantics, no theoretical mathematical models. Other independent realms beyond our physical World.

I find it obtuse to not realize we're dealing with two whole different sets of lingo, one with as many traditions and sets of names as the countries on our Earth lacking any kind of standardisation. The other dealing with rigorously defined concepts and complex theories

Of course I suppose you would chalk it all up to brain ghosts of different kinds(even when they blatantly interact with physical reality)? Different worlds indeed. Whole different personal realms of experience.

To me they both have merit, but I only find one of them narrow-minded. We don't need to learn basic physics, we've got better tools. Any real adept would laugh at your pretensions of having some kind of monopoly on understanding the reality of these particular subjects when in reality you're the one that's living in flatland.
edit on 22-5-2015 by TheLaughingGod because: Eh...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Amazing a proclaimed mathematician has no idea what the word absolute means.

And it appears you people have no understanding of the term context and use circular argument as a way of reasoning around a clear lack of knowledge.

If anyone who refutes anything I said cared to read what I said.. nowhere did I say that there is an ABSOLUTE time frame... What I did say is that time itself is absolute from the observer within their frame of reference.

The reason for me having to use frame of reference in this context is due to the stupendously ignorant idea that time doesn't really exist and is only a figment of the human brain....

It is absolutely crazy to point to me and say I do not understand what Absolute means when I have throughout this thread tried to explain Relativity in layman's terms.... to say I do not understand what Absolute means is a clear indication that you do not understand what I wrote in even these most basic of terms.

I spend quite a bit of time in attempting to explain advanced concepts in everyday language, so that people that don't understand the math can get an understanding of what the math is telling us.

However if anyone here wishes it I could detail any aspect of the math and let's have a real discussion.... I'd like to see anyone of you refute cold hard black and white number!!!

Korg.
edit on 22-5-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Just read your groundbreaking unified field theory on zero. I don't think it is us who need basic physics lessons.

Unified field theory actually tells us the exact opposite to what you just inferred....

The entire universe at its most fundamental is a sea of pure potentiality... the only potential that has a zero chance of occurring is zero itself.

One may say that Zero is the absence of something.... but in universal terms Zero is value that describes exactly what the universe would be without time.... and this is vital to understanding where the universe came from and how you get from seemingly nothing to something.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

To me they both have merit, but I only find one of them narrow-minded. We don't need to learn basic physics, we've got better tools. Any real adept would laugh at your pretensions of having some kind of monopoly on understanding the reality of these particular subjects when in reality you're the one that's living in flatland.

And this is where people go wrong...

Science is all about discovery... it's about taking what was learned previously and venturing out to the boundaries of understanding to gain an even better understanding of and to discover new things.

My field of Quantum Mechanics is one that has recently been incorporated into modern philosophies because of the implications are indeed startling... and although I agree it is fun to play with the ideas that can be built within the mind using the knowledge we have gained thus far...

It is however an insult not only to me but to all my esteemed colleagues in the various fields of physics to hear such drivel and jibing and attempting to prove something by using word semantics and showing a great lack of understanding... yet appearing to have a complete lack of interest in actually learning.

Knowledge is NOT free... it require effort to obtain...

Korg.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join