It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the barrier or walls of time be breaking down?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't believe in the third dimension....

You might want to remind him that time would be the 4th dimension. Otherwise he's saying that he lives in a 2D plane where there is only length and width but no depth. It would be like living as a stick figure drawn on a piece of paper where you could only move up and down or side to side on the page but never in and out.

My point exactly....

You might want to check out minute physics on YouTube. They do a great job of explaining this, time as an erroneous 4th dimension, than I can.

I don't need to I'm a Physicist and Mathematician by trade....

Good, so you know time is a human construct and is in no way absolute. Saves us having a totally off topic discussion. I'll just assume you guys were poking fun at people you think less intelligent than yourselves. Good for you. Nice ego too by the way.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Personally, I never believed in time. I know that might sound weird, but its a man made unit of measurement. I may be called crazy, but I believe everything that has happened, and will happen is happening RIGHT NOW.

I also hold a strange belief that humans can't see everything. Some can see things others can't. I read once that color does not exist. The human eye has adapted to see color to help us. A dog see's black & white, a person sees color. Who is right? Perhaps there are some people who can see things such as ghosts, time rifts, other dimensions. Who knows?

I believe we pretty much know nothing about the true nature of the universe. Everything we know is tailored to our human senses.

Time is prooven to exist because of Relativite laws. And yes, colors don't exist, it's the interpretation of the mind for multiple wave lenghts. Dogs can see colors, but not as many as us.

Anyway about the OP. Pretty scary story. But i have no believe it was something out of ordinary. People can be pretty strange sometimes. Also, complete black eyes exist, but they are probably the rarest color variation in the world.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Personally, I never believed in time. I know that might sound weird, but its a man made unit of measurement. I may be called crazy, but I believe everything that has happened, and will happen is happening RIGHT NOW.

I also hold a strange belief that humans can't see everything. Some can see things others can't. I read once that color does not exist. The human eye has adapted to see color to help us. A dog see's black & white, a person sees color. Who is right? Perhaps there are some people who can see things such as ghosts, time rifts, other dimensions. Who knows?

I believe we pretty much know nothing about the true nature of the universe. Everything we know is tailored to our human senses.

Time is prooven to exist because of Relativite laws. And yes, colors don't exist, it's the interpretation of the mind for multiple wave lenghts. Dogs can see colors, but not as many as us.

Anyway about the OP. Pretty scary story. But i have no believe it was something out of ordinary. People can be pretty strange sometimes. Also, complete black eyes exist, but they are probably the rarest color variation in the world.

Time is relative it is not absolute. It doesn't exist as a thing, it is only a way to relate interactions between things and it is completely relative to the things in question.

A second is not a second. You can't even really define it without specify where that second takes place and from what/whose perspective it is measured.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You might want to remind him that time would be the 4th dimension. Otherwise he's saying that he lives in a 2D plane where there is only length and width but no depth. It would be like living as a stick figure drawn on a piece of paper where you could only move up and down or side to side on the page but never in and out.

My point exactly....

You might want to check out minute physics on YouTube. They do a great job of explaining this, time as an erroneous 4th dimension, than I can.

Good, so you know time is a human construct and is in no way absolute. Saves us having a totally off topic discussion. I'll just assume you guys were poking fun at people you think less intelligent than yourselves. Good for you. Nice ego too by the way.

Nothing of the sort...

Time is no more a human construct than any of the other three dimensions we experience.

If Time was a human construct then what happened before humans? Was there no time? And if so how could the universe move forward to a point by which humans could evolve??

Do you see your error?

Korg.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Korg he prolly means the tiem we use liek a 24hr cycle,and not universal time that operates on a totally different scale. Two types of time. One that is a natural law and one that is man observed.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Korg he prolly means the tiem we use liek a 24hr cycle,and not universal time that operates on a totally different scale. Two types of time. One that is a natural law and one that is man observed.

To measure the passage of time is not only a human trait but is inbuilt into most animals... there is a group of neurons that is present within the frontal lobes of all mammals that fire into an accumulator... this accumulator is addressed when you asked yourself how much time has passed.

It is this accumulator processes that is affected on an individual bases and indeed time is felt differently from person to person.... "is it just me or has this day just flown by" as an example...

In addition to this under the influence of adrenaline time may appear to slow down as the neurons fire at a heightened rate... which is an evolutionary survival process.

This does not change the fact that time is a very real dimension that exists as part and parcel of the universe... It has existed before us and will exist after us.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

I pretty much concur with what you said about
everything happening at the same "time"

A clock is the only thing man-made that was designed
to measure... nothing.

Even Einstein said that Time is an illusion although
a stubbornly persistent one.

I myself have seen "ghosts", if that's what they are.

I have often gotten very strong intuitions that I'm
seeing people that lived in the past, and that
I myself am living my entire life every moment.

I've also done EVP for many years, and I am very
familiar with the voices and sounds, and I have
never been able establish that they are ghosts or
dead people.

So, Great reply.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

My point exactly....

Nothing of the sort...

Time is no more a human construct than any of the other three dimensions we experience.

If Time was a human construct then what happened before humans? Was there no time? And if so how could the universe move forward to a point by which humans could evolve??

Do you see your error?

Korg.

So how long is a second at the speed of light??

How fast does a clock move at the center of the earth?

Einstein had it right. It is a very persistent illusion.

edit on 19-5-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
a reply to: DerekJR321

I pretty much concur with what you said about
everything happening at the same "time"

A clock is the only thing man-made that was designed
to measure... nothing.

Even Einstein said that Time is an illusion although
a stubbornly persistent one.
I myself have seen "ghosts", if that's what they are.

I have often gotten very strong intuitions that I'm
seeing people that lived in the past, and that
I myself am living my entire life every moment.

I've also done EVP for many years, and I am very
familiar with the voices and sounds, and I have
never been able establish that they are ghosts or
dead people.

So, Great reply.

Rebel 5

Indeed, this reality is a subliminal suggestion. If you believe in it, it will remain your reality. But if you become aware of it, it has no power.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

My point exactly....

Nothing of the sort...

Do you see your error?

Korg.

How fast does a clock move at the center of the earth?

Einstein had it right. It is a very persistent illusion.

To understand this you need to first understand both General and special relativity.

If it were possible to travel at the speed of light... which it is not... but let's say you were somehow able to travel at 99.9% the speed of light and you looked at your watch how long would one second be?? Well it would be exactly the same as it would be if you were standing still on the earth....

However if it was also possible for a stationary person to look at the watch and see how long it would take for the second hand to move it would seem to slow down... however in this instance not only time would appear stretched so would space... and both the watch and the person wearing it and the spacecraft that was traveling at close to light speed would appear stretched out of all proportion.

The reason for this?? Well Light speed remains the same speed regardless of how fast you are traveling... however because of this it means the father you travel in the shortest time (speed) means the light has to travel further to reach someone who is stationary.... thus time appears to slow down from the perspective of someone looking in... yet for the person already traveling at light speed, light only has to travel from the persons watch to his eye... a much shorter distance.

Do you understand?

Korg.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The barrier was shattered on Dec 22 2014.

Things back then were still alright. Since then we got more earth quakes, CERN getting ready to open up stargates and JADE HELM about the create a battle front from Pico Rivera, California to Brandon, Florida between UN troops and patriotic Americans.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Well said.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yep. Time is dependent on the perspective of the observer. Among other things. Someone said that here. Oh wait, that was me.

So if you went at 99.9 the speed of light, for 25 years, turned around and cake back for 25 years, when you got back to earth, you would be 50 years older. What year would it be?

Let's assume we are only talking about the speed, and the distance to gravitational mass is for all intents and purposes a constant.

Here's a link for your reading pleasure.

So again, time is not an absolute.

www.phy.olemiss.edu...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yep. Time is dependent on the perspective of the observer. Among other things. Someone said that here. Oh wait, that was me.

So if you went at 99.9 the speed of light, for 25 years, turned around and cake back for 25 years, when you got back to earth, you would be 50 years older. What year would it be?

Let's assume we are only talking about the speed, and the distance to gravitational mass is for all intents and purposes a constant.

Here's a link for your reading pleasure.

So again, time is not an absolute.

www.phy.olemiss.edu...

Time is indeed absolute... just it is relative.

There is no stopping time... there is no such place as a place with no time.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Way to dodge the question. Although I agree, there is no such place as a place with no place. Also there is no time as a time with no time. Interchange as you wish.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Way to dodge the question. Although I agree, there is no such place as a place with no place. Also there is no time as a time with no time. Interchange as you wish.

The question is layman Physics... I did try and explain it in laymans terms to you in THIS POST

And I didn't say there is no time as a time with no time..... I said there is no place without time...

Perhaps this might help...

Korg.

edit on 22-5-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The question is layman Physics...

So which girls 30 years is the one that is absolute. I don't know why you think this refutes anything I said.

You know that theory was published by Einstien, right? The same guy who said time is an illusion. Same thing I'm saying.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So which girls 30 years is the one that is absolute. I don't know why you think this refutes anything I said.

You know that theory was published by Einstien, right? The same guy who said time is an illusion. Same thing I'm saying.

It appears there is no getting through to you is there??

Both Girls times were absolute within their frame of reference....

If you want to deny the existence of something so fundamental to reality that it is experienced by everyone and effects everything from the measurement of the positioning of the starts to the cascade of atoms in a nuclear reaction to the calculations required to understand super symmetry and quantum gravity.... Everything.....that is of course your prerogative...

Korg.

edit on 22-5-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

If you want to deny the existence of something so fundamental to reality that it is experienced by everyone and effects everything from the measurement of the positioning of the starts to the cascade of atoms in a nuclear reaction to the calculations required to understand super symmetry and quantum gravity.... Everything.....that is of course your prerogative...

Korg.

The point is time is relative. It is dependent on the frame of reference. Therefore, not absolute.

Absolute means the same for all references.

What is so hard about this.

Both girls 30 years can not be absolute, without your disclaimer of 'from their frame of reference'

Can you take this over to a physics forum and let us discuss weird time phenomenon from our individual frames of reference?

Maybe start a thread called Time is absolute. I'd be interested in that discussion.
edit on 22-5-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Korg.

The point is time is relative. It is dependent on the frame of reference. Therefore, not absolute.

Absolute means the same for all references.

What is so hard about this.

You are not understanding this are you...

Time runs the same for you where ever you are and however fast you are traveling... only when you measure more than one frame of reference is there any discrepancy.

Do you see?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join