It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew Apperson Accused of 'Intentionally' Shooting at George Zimmerman's Car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Detectives said they determined Matthew Apperson "did intentionally fire his weapon into the vehicle occupied by George Zimmerman without provocation," the Lake Mary Police Department said in a news release this evening.

Matthew Apperson Accused of 'Intentionally' Shooting at George Zimmerman's Car

According to an arrest report released by the Lake Mary police, Apperson "has exhibited unusual behaviors" and "It appears that Apperson has a fixation on Zimmerman."

i held back my thoughts on this in the other thread.
i had a feeling Apperson was the one doing the stalking. all those that say zimmerman is the one that started all the bs. need to think. if he really was doing all of this, don't you think the cops would be able to find something to charge him with.

i mean ol George aint the sharpest tool in the shed, and he ain't gonna be able to keep beating the cops or any one over and over again.

sure he may run off at the mouth. but the ones he's fussing and fighting with aren't angles, and think that they can pull his past up and get him arrested. just like with his ex, cops didn't charge him cause her story changed to many times.

edit on 15-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

George needs a holster with a timestamp.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
can i capitalize on george Zimmerman superman t shirts now??

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I was pretty sure he was being targeted considering where the shooting happened, but I didn't think it would be someone who had been stalking him.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

yea i've been waiting for someone to collect the $10,000 bounty that the new black panthers put on his head.

but they will more than likely welch on paying anybody that does shoot him and claims it.

edit on 16-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So is anyone from the last thread who blatantly accused Zimmerman of going around looking for trouble going to admit they made a mistake?

edit on AMSat, 16 May 2015 11:29:48 -050052015Saturday1662015515 by ArnoldNonymous because: typo

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Not likely just look at the first reply.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It appears to me that the intent was to kill Zimmerman so I'm surprised by the slap on the hand that the shooter received from the law. I would say that he got a huge break. Evidently, it took some time for the authorities to come up with even that charge. Is there some dynamics that I'm missing?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
It appears to me that the intent was to kill Zimmerman so I'm surprised by the slap on the hand that the shooter received from the law.

True. It's odd. Obviously the guy was aiming for Zimmermans head. The shooter wanted to kill him. That's the only motivation for wanting to put a bullet into someones brain. Why the shooter doesn't have attempted murder ... I just don't know.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

In a certain way it makes sense. Zimmerman DID go out looking for trouble with Treyvon Martin, he found it, and he revelled in it. He INVITED this attack- he wanted to be a gunfighter and he became one and he made a spectacle of it, and now people are going to shoot at him- that's part of being a gunfighter. Welcome to the old west tough guy.

The fact that you can go out seeking a gunfight and not automatically going down for attempted murder has to cut both ways, otherwise there is no discouragement for hundreds of other beta male losers who think they can buy superpowers at the fairgrounds and become a celebrity like George.

What's fair is what's the same for everyone- here we have two guys who followed and then shot at somebody because they law wouldn't judge that person and they personally felt that they should pick up the slack. In both cases the law seems more annoyed with the meddling in its racket than with the loss of human life, so both will get to fight another day if they want.

Seems fair... except to those of us who don't feel the need to carry to feel like men. I kinda feel like if you carry a gun, you should be required to accept a challenge to a bare knuckle fight from any unarmed person at any time- if you don't wanna face an unfair advantage that's cool, but let's be sure you don't just have a manhood problem and need the upper hand on everyone you meet.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

I am not convinced that Zimmerman was looking for a fight when he ran into Treyvon. I like most, was initially outraged because the media did a pretty good job making it seem like an innocent kid was murdered by a gun slinging, trigger happy wannabe cop seeking vigilante justice. To this date, I really do not think any evidence has turned up that suggests Zimmerman was looking for trouble when he confronted Treyvon, just conjecture and a plethora of opinions.

Florida is a state where many carry firearms. It is not about proving one's man hood, if fact I know many women who carry for personal protection. Responsible gun owners never make the news, only the idiots who do something stupid that gives the anti-gun crowd more reasons to lobby for stricter gun laws.

Unless Apperson is found insane, I do not understand why attempted murder charges are not on the table. The man intentionally shot at Zimmerman. Deadly force is exactly that!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

There still may be attempted murder charges on the way. The charges they have on him now are not set in stone but they are enough to hold him. I am sure there is an ongoing investigation and ultimately it will be up to the prosecutor to decide what they think they can get a conviction for. If they jump the gun and over reach they will be set up for failure.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I realize that now. If they over charge him, that is if they do not find enough evidence to charge him with attempted murder, then a trial will likely happen. Trials, especially ones like this, are expensive and I really do not think the state of Florida wants another media circus trial.

They have solid evidence and Apperson essentially has no choice but to plea out given the charges so far.

That said, anytime someone intentionally discharges a firearm at another, attempted murder charges are fitting.(unless in self defense, obviously).

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Is there some dynamics that I'm missing?

i don't think so,he was charged with,
aggravated assault with a deadly weapon,
aggravated battery with a deadly weapon,
firing a deadly missile into an occupied conveyance,

all of theses are are felonies. and can be third, second, first degree. he can face some serious time if convicted.
here is a link to sentencing possibilities for the first two.
Florida Aggravated Assault and Battery Laws

and here is a link for the last charge. best i can tell it's about the same as the others, this one is not written in layman's trems.
you have to click the links in blue at the bottom for the sentencing.
Florida Statutes 790.19 – Shooting into or throwing deadly missiles into dwellings, public or private buildings, occupied or not occupied; vessels, aircraft, buses, railroad cars, streetcars, or other vehicles

so anywhere from 5 to 30 years per charge, depending on how they charge them. just a side note fl don't play when in guns are involved with crimes.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I always carry because I'm disabled.
Were anyone to hit me in the head I could be paralyzed for life due to a swollen spinal cord.
I would do everything possible to avoid a confrontation but if someone is coming to swing at me I will shoot.
Yes, I have a manhood problem.
I'd like to keep it.

edit on 16-5-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i know many don't like this source, but it has the arrest warrant and a statement.
is Apperson is a nut job.

The redacted text in full says:
“During the investigation, I learned that Apperson has exhibited unusual behaviors in which he had recently been admitted to a mental institution. It appears that Apperson has a fixation on Zimmerman and has displayed some signs of paranoia, anxiety, and bipolar disorder.”
UPDATES – Man Who Shot At George Zimmerman, Matt Apperson, Arrested – *Update* Three Charges – NO BAIL….

and another link from the same source. read the comments from the twitter feeds. tand if you look at the mugs shots, he has been arrested at least four times. notice that his shirts are different.

UPDATES: George Zimmerman Shooting Victim – *UPDATE* George Not Hit – White Male Shooter “Matt Apperson” Locals Say: “Delusional, Crazy, Unstable, Whacked Out”…

also in some reports i have read that the judge set his bail at $35,000, and he has to surrender all guns he owns and stay away for george.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Nice to see this! It's exactly as I suspected it would be; some jerk stalking Zimmerman because he wasn't happy witht h trial outcome. I hope they charge him with attempted murder.

To all that blamed the victim, again, maybe you will learn something from this. I won't hold my breath, though!

S&F.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If they did pay the bounty, I would think they'd be charged as accessories after the fact...or some such thing.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Zimmerman is an idiot. But a jury found him to be not guilty and, like anyone else, he shouldn't be subjected to being shot at for any reason other than self defense. It was attempted murder. But the shooter didn't get nailed for it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

If they did pay the bounty, I would think they'd be charged as accessories after the fact...or some such thing.

They should be charged for solicitation of murder either way if they did indeed place a bounty on his head.

<<   2 >>

join