It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are like children..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Pretty sure this thread belongs here.

Take a look at this image of the Andromeda galaxy i.imgur.com...

That's just 1 galaxy.

I was gonna write a thread about how we know very little in this universe yet think we know it all and then compare us to children, but instead I have decided to just leave you with the image above.. Come to your own conclusions and tell me your thoughts on the universe.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toxicspikes

Yes amazing isn't it, and all of those people out there that tend to think OUR scientists know so much!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
we cannot be admitted into the next phase of interplanetary alien communication and connection, until we unite as one world species, hence the New World Order. as long as we behave like warring tribes on this planet, by continuing to harm and kill each other, and not come together as a united human world, we will never be considered to be allowed to interact with species from another planet.....so.....in a sense, we are like children.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's amazing, I'm humbled to be part of something so beautiful and wonderful. If only people could realize that what they seem to be waiting for after death is already here.

The universe to me is the kingdom of God, the highest form of perfection possible. It is what makes any one thing possible. We are each our own little "parallel universe" experiencing the same reality at once.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
we cannot be admitted into the next phase of interplanetary alien communication and connection, until we unite as one world species, hence the New World Order. as long as we behave like warring tribes on this planet, by continuing to harm and kill each other, and not come together as a united human world, we will never be considered to be allowed to interact with species from another planet.....so.....in a sense, we are like children.

Assuming your post is spot on, then more questions are in order.

Is it possible that we have been approached by representatives from other worlds? Seeing what I've seen and knowing what I know, the answer is most likely yes.

Is there a conspiracy to keep the wars and such going by our governments so that positive change is less likely? Again, my answer would be yes.

Obviously, most people want peace. The children, it seems, are the ones who keep stirring the pot with lies, corruption, and violence.

Perhaps the children need their own planet to destroy, and the rest of us can finally part ways with them.

One can certainly hope.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Will be fun playing around out there some day. It feels wrong being trapped on only one little pebble.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Will be fun playing around out there some day. It feels wrong being trapped on only one little pebble.

It does. It also seems very insignificant in the long run, which is why I believe life shouldn't be taken so seriously.

We don't have an analysis of how big exactly the universe is or what lies out there, but each one of us can change how we view the world.

I just hope one day all the unneeded suffering will end and peace will be everywhere, but even outside of our planet mother nature can be cruel (asteroids, black holes, stars, gas planets), and that's not even considering the things we can't perceive.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: htapath

Maybe one day when we get off of this rock we can actually advance as a species. If the non-childish humans united together, maybe we could focus on this.

There was the Mars One project, but from what I hear it didn't get enough funding.

Perhaps all of humanities space organisations will one day unite and get this going.

I wouldn't mind getting off this rock, at least it would be peaceful

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The exterior immensity of the universe is only matched by the immensity of our interiors.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Maybe our challenges and experiences are all for good reason. If we come from a place of perfection (i.e. the spirit world), then it's possible that we come here to live through the polar opposite - or imperfection.

Or maybe some of us answered a clarion call to come to this world and create a more peaceful existence here.

These are just two possibilities, and the actual reality of the situation is likely much more profound yet logical on some level.

We can and do escape the troubles of this world every time we sleep, which is a great relief. I hold the dream world dearly to my heart, and strive every day to build a stronger bridge to that place.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You and me both. If you ever get the chance you should take a look at the book Matrix V (you can find the pdfs online), the book explains that we are here to help our higher-selves develop through Earther experience.

If you're familiar with astral projection the principles are also the same in the way that we create an energy double, which leads me to believe that this isn't all an accident.

I hope you get to where you want to go one day.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Perhaps the children need their own planet to destroy, and the rest of us can finally part ways with them.

In this vein there is another interesting thought. If we all ARE in reincarnational cycles, what if most of us are ready to move onto another realm, another more empathetic reality while those who continue to destroy things here are the ones who in their following lives who will be stuck with reincarnating here, time after time after time, living in the debris of their own making.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

debris of their own making

Ha ha, I liked that one. Makes this planet look like a blackboard, perhaps a self cleaning one. stay cool

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Now imagine this is just one galaxy from one infinite universe amongst an infinite number of infinite universes. Then try to imagine that these universes represent almost nothing in the existence, because it is so much more than just the physical plane. Try to include the idea of endless number of parallel dimensions and planes and you will not feel like as a child but as ephemeral.

top topics

join