It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Govt Develops a Matrix-Like World Simulating the Virtual You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Right now they're slurping up so much data they can't do much of anything with it. They have to get a lead on someone fist before the information becomes useful.

I kind of see it as a parallel process with numerous scenarios :

Scenario 1: Minority report like:

1. Algorithms running against the data to set alerts.
Some of those alerts could be violent or hostile social media posts. Online search keywords, purchases , weapons searches, online interest

Keep an eye out for better automated mood , personality ,purchase, and interest capabilities with social media and online services that will better assist with the algorithms.

2. Then they will focus on that someone.

Scenario 2: Focus on a suspect
1. Gather data on suspect

Scenario 3 : Update algorithm
1. After a crime has been updated study what factors could have determined the crime about to occur than modify the algorithm.

Scenario 4: Crime investigation.
1. After a crime has occurred find out what suspects where around the location and timeframe. More drones and cameras. Actually, I recall about 5 years ago about a camera that takes high resolution from a wide angle in a plane at the time, but had the capability to allow you to zoom in within a meter if recall correctly . So the camera would cover so many square miles at a zoom angle, but you could then focus in to any point at any given time. I will have to see if I can find the link and corporation involved with the tech. I think I tried once before but had no luck,

Curious if this was probably also associated with the recent Elon Musk AI concern.

edit on 13531America/ChicagoFri, 15 May 2015 22:13:32 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hi im commander shepards simulation. I can tell what the real shepard would say with 27 percent accuracy.

I can see a use for this. workign on ya game to get a girl by hitting on her VR version until you get it right.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is bad arse and scary at the same time. However the possibilities for this is limitless

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I recommend you all to watch this show called "Black Mirror", and specifically watch the episode called "Be Right Back".

Black Mirror - Be Right Back

The episode is about a guy who was a social media addict, always on his phone and or computer. He suddenly dies in an accident, and his wife mourns his death. A friend of the wife suggests she signs up for this new service which will go through her husbands social media accounts, and emails, and text messages, and form a virtual personality based on the info. Then she can communicate with this virtual personality as if her husband were still alive, and help her with grieving.

Then it gets crazy; for a few extra dollars the wife can upload videos and sound recordings of her late husband, and it will use that data to form a simulation of the husband's voice so the wife can actually talk to him on the phone.

Then it gets even more crazy; for a higher cost, the wife can order a biological / synthetic man that looks like her husband, and talks and acts like him.

...but of course, the technology isn't perfect.

Black Mirror is a very well done collection of short movies, each episode has a different cast, different story, but all revolves around technology and the future of human nature. Highly recommended.

edit on 16-5-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
New here. Just kinda getting a feel for things and wanted to share my take on this.

While I definitely do not doubt that a good bit -if not all - of what we do online is recorded, I do feel that at the moment I still have my privacy. There's an awful lot of us. I also don't believe that any algorithms and data collections of what I do on my phone or laptop could predict my behavior. You could follow me my whole life and record my every movement but you won't know for sure what's going on in my mind. Even I have no idea what my next move is. Humans have the upper hand and until I see first hand 100% proof of the possibility to read peoples minds and every thought, I will feel confident that I cannot be duplicated.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
Decades ago, he told us that various groups practice massive intel gathering, collecting everything from education, purchases, work history, health, life events, etc. The data is then used to "bring to life" and give "personality" to a simulation of every citizen possible. They are placed within a virtual world that is programmed as accurately as possible. These clandestine groups then run test simulations of wars, famine, social unrest, natural disasters, pandemics, etc., while observing the individual and collective reactions, death tolls, and outcomes of the "simulated people". Maxwell said these models are used to more effectively steer global agendas.

Scary thought; and quite possible.

It would good if the time-travel / time-viewing "alternate timeline" folks got into this instead. I say that because it's perfectly realistic that the people that may be doing this have their own alternate timelines, in the simulation. Then they might try to cause certain events, knowing the likely outcomes.

I think the model is screwed when it comes to certain countries where there just isnt any credible, retainable financial (and otherwise) data to predict each human being. They'd have to run a generic persona times however many people that they can't model in that country, which for roughly half of the countries would be most of the population.

But for crime and socio-economic engineering at home, it would be downright diabolically brilliant.

There's no reason why this isn't currently happening and just not being talked about.

Instead of being in the matrix, they made their own mini-matrix based on real life.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Very interesting topic. However impressive the idea, I do not personally think they could ever create a sentient being that is a copy of a humans future actions based off passed learnt behaviour. Every action we take, is swayed by the next visual, psychical or situational input and thus a YOU now, is not necessarily a YOU in 5 years time. So this data absorbed by multiple sentient computed beings would not be accurate. Specially considering most people are becoming aware of how to become invisible on the internet, this data will become more skewed.

edit on 16-5-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
All of the countless troll personalities I've assumed over the years would probably crash their program if they tried to generate a virtual representation of me based on my internet data.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Yah that video is relevant!! Creepily so even!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BenjaminBreeg

Are we to assume this is yet another of those personalities?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

Don't think a computer can predict what a actual living human being with do. When all logic and reasoning points one way , humans can and often do the opposite. I make decisions now that are totally bad for me and don't care. When given a Left or right options I sometimes go up, backwards or take no option at all.

But the algorithm knows you don't follow logic.. And it knows where you break down even.. Your unpredictability is predictable.

I worry about the ones who's lives appear to be in a pattern to overthrow the game they are running..

There will be some people that cannot be "simulated", due to a high level of inaccuracy in the data that is collected on them. Some simple examples would be homeless people, old people that don't use credit or the internet and low wage earners functioning on cash, using cell phones etc on a relatives account that their name is not on (I have a brother-in that does all of the above and couch surfs, there's no way a simulation would know anything about him because he has virtually no digital footprint).

When this "simulation" becomes a real part of business revenue projections and directly influences tax revenue projections and collection methids, these people that "cannot be simulated" will be labeled criminals and put on some kind of supervised probation and forced to adapt habits that can be tracked digitally. I can GUARANTEE it.

Millennial's however are likely the easiest to simulate because they already gave away the keys to the castle and have no intention of taking those keys back. Millennial's falsely believe tech will save and unite them, when in reality it was designed by "corporate committee" to do just the opposite. The only way to prevent that shift, is for Millennial's to STOP buying such tech, opposing the development of said tech and discouraging others from buying and using it, even if it means using force. But, they will NEVER do this because they drank the cool-aid and are also addicted to technology. Think about it, I'm seeing commercials for ordering pizza on a phone app, whats the point? To appease Millennial's. Did this cohort take the time to think about whether it is really more convenient to type an order in on an app, than calling the order in on a phone? No they didn't AND by using the phone app to place a FOOD ORDER instead of a phone the pizza seller can then become a data broker making money selling customer info.

Consumers will not have choices in the future because purchases will be mandatory in some way. "Click-Wrap Agreements" and a cashless society will make that transition easier for the "Owners of Capital" to force on the general populace. Now add in an accurate "simulated you" owned by big corporations and the government, we can all easily see that "quotas" for behavior and purchases won't be far behind.

Policies structured like Obamacare should have taught us ALL how these kinds of scenarios will play out. Obamacare is merely the test run of how to implement legislated purchases on a large scale. "Click-Wrap Agreements" a cashless society will only strengthen similar policies in the future.

What do I mean exactly?

Many forget that we now live in what "could" be considered a fascist country, with oligopolies running it behind the scenes. What usually results, is a situation where the "owners of capital", can and will "legislate" mandatory purchases in the future, if revenue does not match their expectations or projections (for the good of the nation of course, i.e., Too-Big-to-Fail).

So for example, if someone chooses not to buy unneeded goods or services, they will simply pay a "penalty" at tax time or some scheme involving a "negative interest rate". When the "owners of capital" run out of consumer goods that they can "strongly coerce" people to buy, in order to go to work, such as, gasoline, internet connection, car insurance, bus/subway fare, cell phones, suits/uniforms, soap, deodorant, razors, etc, one day, they will simply make it law that you have to buy them, in certain quantities before tax season (the current Healthcare dependent, Flexible Spending Account, FSA, is just the pilot program, one day we will have an FSA for ALL goods and services, and you can bet they will be use-it or lose-it). Also, since you won't own these new "digital cars" or "digital media" that means you could be billed for "damage to the vehicle or product" from the "real owners" at any time.

You will not be allowed to be frugal in the future because the "owners of capital" will take close to the same amount back, when a person tries to save money by reducing purchases, in the form of "tax penalties" or other method (cashless, digital currency,, negative interest rate, deductions from bank accounts whenever the "owners of capital" see fit). A cashless society, dominated by "click-wrap agreements" is the easiest way to structure "forced purchases" into the larger economy. Another scenario in the future is when someone chooses "not to buy" and then doesn't have the proper "proof of purchase" coupon, etc, to prove they bought these items, in the required quantities, when tax fillings come due, the IRS will have some way to calculate the amount "you should have purchased" (sounds a little like a college FASFA in reverse).

Look at solar roof panels, for example, many local governments are taxing people for installing them because they reduce dependence on local utilities, which in turn drive down privatized revenue being collected by the contract companies hired running the utilities.

I choose to not trust the intentions of corporations, AT ALL TIMES. The tech being created today is merely a tool of the "Owners of Capital" to oppress regular people. IN THE NEAR FUTURE, tech will absolutely be designed and bound to do the bidding of corporations and to enforce the will of government. It will not be independent of the real "owners of capital", by any stretch of the imagination.

Note, I said OWNERS, not "creators", "purchasers" or "users".

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This kinda make me wonder about that online game Second life that was pretty big a few years ago. Now the computer algorythm can have data on the real you, plus data on the you when nobody is "watching" you. I keep being told I am the most unpredictable person people knows, but even that can be predicted if you know me well enough.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Pretty much exactly what I said in this post:

In short, they've built the Matrix

They can then design a desired outcome, say a society like is portrayed in Equilibrium or any other dystopian imagining and then let the computer create the plan.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow! So we could all be secretly simulated on a government supercomputer somewhere? I knew I was destined for greatness! I was also wondering why I was havingdreams of working with the government in special off world training programs?

Anyways I bet this has unlimited potential with time and further research!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This would be amazing if it were open to the public. The ability to study yourself in hypothetical situations would be very enlightening, along with being able to use it as a tool in practice with a mental health professional.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Or you could have your virtual self do stuff online and live in a virtual world!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sim City?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If it's called Harsh Realm...I'm gonna worry!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tnhiker
This kinda make me wonder about that online game Second life that was pretty big a few years ago. Now the computer algorythm can have data on the real you, plus data on the you when nobody is "watching" you. I keep being told I am the most unpredictable person people knows, but even that can be predicted if you know me well enough.

I wonder if a simulated version of us would know they were simulated?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join