It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is decapitation "bad"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: chelsealad
a reply to: the owlbear

The only reason I can think of is it depends on "who" does it. Is it capital punishment by a government or is it done by a criminal group because they are pissed at the world?
Example, man kills wife, gets caught and then faces death by lethal injection or depending on your country, stoning, hanging, beheading.
Man beheads another man for not being of a certain religion or not believing in a certain god or just been from another country.
That I believe is the reason for mixed media coverage. It is only my opinion.

I see where you are coming from, but the reality is far worse. Fact is, IS have simply machine gunned to death far more helpless people than they have beheaded for just the same reasons. The beheadings are staged and choreographed, to provoke revulsion, and get a media response of compliance to the revulsion. The Saudis executions are generally public, but you see they also have secret executions...IS just mimics. When you realise that, you realise the hypocrisy both IS and the Saudis indulge in, and that religion just does not come into it, but power does, because it all suits. They are not alone in the world, other countries that execute are much the same, while nitpicking over the detail, usually some law or other/AKA laws that build on power.

Smurfy...

Wow!
I hope all that you wrote is quoted again.
Your post is what I was hoping for...the exposure of Saud and how they are no different than those calling themselves IS.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Decapitation is bad when its something you lose your head over.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If done with one swift blow from a sharp and heavy blade (capitol punishment), it is barbaric but a societal custom.

When done with a dull pocket knife over a three minute period (religious fanatics) it's barbaric and abhorrent.

We do not have to like the laws of other nations. We do not have to commit crimes in those nations either. I have never worried about losing my head for committing a crime in the ME, I've always told my guys to never be taken alive before every mission outside the wire.

Not to add religion but take this example:

Exodus 20:13 is a verse in the Bible that I know well. Different versions of the Bible word it differently.

Some State - "Thou shalt not kill"
Others say - "Thou shalt not commit murder"

See the difference?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
In the past days, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has found reason to seperate several individuals' skulls from their respective bodies and, yet, there has been little media uproar. This stands in stark contrast to the attention given to Islamic State clips of beheadings when covered in western media. Why is that?
Eta: sorry, my link broke to the article I wanted to quote.

It only bad when you don't give the west billions in oil wealth.

The ambassador of Saudi Arabia could behead Obama daughters on the White house lawn and your President and all of congress would just watch and clap while gushing over how great there Saudi allies are.......then pick a random ME country to invade for revenge.
edit on 16-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Well I think Isis beheads innocent victims but Saudi Arabia beheads in accordance to their laws. That is kind of a big difference.

Not really....the only difference is who is creating the laws.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The issue with beheading is its level of violence, used against a person that is often bound. Detatching the head from the body as a form of justice only defines the level of humanity of those supporting such a barbaric act.

I don't believe in the death penalty, lives should only be taken when used in defence. Sure, there are some sick individuals out there who should spend the rest of their lives secured away from society but putting people to death out of vengence or justice makes us a little less humane.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Themarkedone
Isis will use a blunt knife, and do it for just about any reason, Saudi Arabia does it quickly and in accordance to their laws, however wrong said laws may be.

Besides, they cut the heads from murderers and rapists who in all fairness have it coming to them.

How do you know how sharp the Saudi knife is?
How do you know the people that the Saudis kill "had it coming to them"?

I can ask more questions...
what makes one a "freedom fighter" and what makes one a "subversive"?

The IS views that the people they cut the heads off of "had it coming to them" from their point of view.

I'm supposing Saudi Arabia use a guillotine?
If so it is swift, I'm not supporting it as a form of dissuading crime, I just don't want my money being spent on keeping them alive when they deserve to be dead.

If you commit the crimes of rape, murder or paedophilia then you deserve to die, or would you rather they sit in a cell provided with meals and entertainment at your expense?

Saudia Arabia has one of the worst human rights records and it wouldn't surprise me if many were wrongly convicted, but when there is no doubt, and undeniable proof they should be killed, the method is not important, I am talking about only the worst criminals here

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
In the Kingdom run by those tea-towel wearing goat molesters, openly calling for reform or criticizing the monarchy is enough to get you sentenced to death. But, it doesn't end there, as often the body of the dissenter will be put on public display as a warning to others. So, dissent gets a death penalty and calling the king a goat molester, from a long line of tent dwelling goat molesters would probably get be dealt with quite harshly.

Monarchy? I've passed better material after a night on the beer and a curry!

It's hardly surprising to see our own leaders and royals buddying up to them though, psychopaths, sociopaths and the privileged will always stick together.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
These country's are at best savage ( well not everyone), they use religion as a excuse to be horrid human beings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join