It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshal accused of pistol-whipping man in road rage incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Be careful who you honk at to avoid an accident. It may be another "civil servant" with an authority complex. I will assume the US Marshal is completely in the wrong otherwise they would have arrested the couple for fighting back after the guy had his face caved in.

Another example of the "Law is for us, not for them" because I can pretty much guarantee if you or I had our CCW and pulled a firearm and smashed a guys face in, we would be arrested.

Also, if some hothead exited his truck with a firearm and is not in uniform, I myself may shoot his ass. Would I then be prosecuted? I think so. If it was just some other lowly citizen, it would be justified but because it is a member of law enforcement (doesn't matter if you know it or not) you suddenly become the person they will throw the book at.

News video at link:

fox2now.com...

Janet and Donald Akers were heading to Jefferson Barracks on Mother’s Day, to place flowers on Janet’s mother’s grave. They never made it.

As they exited I-255 at Telegraph Road, Janet Akers honked her horn when a black Dodge Ram was heading into her lane. She explains, “To let him know, hey, you’re coming over to hit us, and then he backed down, got behind us, and honked and honked and honked, all the way through the intersection.”

Akers gestured to the driver of the truck to pull over in this parking lot, so she could explain why she honked in the first place.

Then, she says, “His wife jumped out of the truck. She came over, started yelling at me.” At the same time, Janet Akers recalls the driver got out of his truck and approached their vehicle, armed with a gun.

Donald Akers says, “He held the gun first, I didn’t know if he was going to shoot us or what. But instead, he hit me right across the nose with it. Broke my nose, my sinus cavities, broke my teeth.”

Once that happened, Janet Akers admits she fought back. Bystanders broke up the fight. She then called 911, and took some photos to document the scene.

“So the police came, and went over directly to them. And were talking to them, laughing, joking around,” recalls Janet, “We feel like they knew him right off the bat.”

Her husband adds, “[Officers] told us he was an off-duty police officer. That’s exactly what they told us.” The Akers say Donald wasn’t offered medical treatment right away, and only their car was searched.

“They never searched that guy’s truck. He had the gun,” Donald says. According to St. Louis County Police, this is still an active investigation, so the report, including names of those involved, is sealed.

fox2now.com...

The U.S. Marshals service has confirmed that one of their off-duty officers was involved in the alleged assault.

Donald Akers needs surgery after he says he was pistol-whipped by an off-duty officer. “He hit me right across the nose with it,” Donald explained, “Broke my nose, my sinus cavities, broke my teeth.”

Janet snapped several photos at the scene. In one of them, the truck’s license plate is clearly visible. We ran the plates, and confirmed the driver’s identity through other photos of him. A quick Google search revealed he was a U.S. Marshal. The U.S. Marshals Service confirmed it.

edit on 15-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I guess police brutality is not only relegated to the very poor and needy in the nation, I say sue them and sue them big and loud.

Where is Al Sharpton when is needed, oh, yeah, he only goes after social injustice cases.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
And what do the US Marshals have to say?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

How can this guy(THE LEO) and his wife not be locked up? WOW! He needs to be off the force if not incarcerated and weapons kept far from his reach.

The world gets stranger daily.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMachine

Is not strange is just the rights of those with "public given" authority to think that they are invincible, now where is that targeted protest against the brutal Marshal and the major media outlets coverage?

Oh well, I guess the victim was not the right color and if is not riots involved the media have nothing to cover.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Good One!

I bet that is quite true as well.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am starting to realize that the police see nothing wrong with these brutal actions and they won't be the ones make a change.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow!

I smell a lawsuit. No way he gets away with this if its presented in court in front of a jury..

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I am starting to realize that the police see nothing wrong with these brutal actions and they won't be the ones make a change.

Unless they are prosecuted and their buddies charged with aiding and abetting or accessory when they cover up for their bad apples, we will not see change.

Bottom Line:

I, as a law abiding citizen am more afraid of having my life as i know it ruined (killed or prosecuted) by the authorities than I am criminals. With criminals breaking into my house in the middle of the night, I can defend myself.

What do you do if it is the cops breaking in your house and you don't know who the hell it is?

They will shoot you on sight in your own house because you are armed and get away with it regardless if they even have the wrong address.

Exception Indiana: www.allgov.com...

Police officers in Indiana are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. It was signed by Republican Governor Mitch Daniels in March.

If you do nothing you die, if you act, your life is ruined when they send you to prison for firing on them even though you have no idea who the hell they are in many cases.
edit on 15-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So the people that got assaulted got their car searched?
That makes sense.

Wonder if this guy is built, which would lead me to believe this is roid rage.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The current system won't be fixing it. It is going to be a nasty bloodbath. It will be getting worse, much worse, before the breaking point is reached. Really sad our leaders cannot and will not lead.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality
Wow!

I smell a lawsuit. No way he gets away with this if its presented in court in front of a jury..

No camera footage of the event, one persons word against the others. Thanks to their job the US Marshal is a more trustworthy witness. Based on what the story said, it's a pretty easy case to argue for the defense.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Hell,you could have a dozen witnesses,video,and I'll bet you the Pig Marshal would still get off...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

It won't.
You know it won't.

new topics

top topics

join