It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanishing houses and time slips

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

I know the case, and if I recall correctly the witnesses had made some elementary mistakes in looking for the missing house, mainly failing to allow for the high viewpoint from the top of the bus. I think an SPR man located the house after this account came out.

The theory of collective hallucinations is obviously difficult to test. Nobody has demonstrated them in the laboratory, as far as I know. It's basically a way of avoiding considering the possibility of a real localised temporal shift (i.e. time slip) and explaining these as a variety of telepathy. (I think this is a typical SPR approach.)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

ENergy Signatures to create something in Our minds, that is not there in actuality, is some fascinating stuff Dude! I believe even now they can get those signatures from a window pane, and it had given them some incredible results! I read that somewhere, forgive Me that I cannot remember where I read it... Oh, Check Your Inbox in U2U's. I will send You that PDF if You so desire! Later, Syx...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlGrove

Thank you very much for that information.
(You don't happen to remember where you read it, do you?
I mean the follow up.)

Anyway, there are many other such cases (I witnessed a disappearing/reappearing house myself on one occasion, and i know for a fact that I wasn't confused about the location).
I doubt there is a single explanation for them.

edit on 1-6-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It was in MacKenzie,Adventures in Time Chapter 7. It took the SPR 20 years to solve the case, although the idea of a simple mistake had been obvious from the start.

I would be interested to hear of your own experience!

More fascinating than the vanishing houses are the several cases of people having meals in disappearing cafes. Most of the houses are just Type 2s.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Remember the story about a woman who woke in a different reality.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Even Icke got in on this story
www.davidicke.com...
www.ghosttheory.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hello Carl,

Interesting thread. I've only glanced at it so far and I have downloaded your pdf for perusal.

Another member pointed me here because I've spent a long time (on and off) looking into the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident. I'm sure you know of it. It's probably Britain's most famous UFO case and arguably a close second to Roswell in the English speaking world.

What I'd like to know is are you aware of a building that was close to the East Gate of Bentwaters (then USAF base) in the closing overs of 1980 that suddenly vanished over the Christmas weekend (Fri 26th - Mon 29th December 1980)?

I mention it because I have never heard of it before and suddenly it was mentioned here:

......explores Never Before Revealed details from cases like the RAF Bentwaters/Rendlesham Forest UFO encounter of how an entire house that was close by to the sighting "Vanished into Thin Air" during the incident, but was covered up by covert intelligence forces.

ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.co.uk

The direct story comes from one Linda Moulton Howe around 1hr 15 min to 1hr 20 min into the video below.

The details are suitably vague so that the exact location is never given out. She is claiming the story came from a (now) 85 year old lady who at the time worked in a local school. She even mentions how builders asked her where it had gone when she returned to work at the school but that seems to be where the trail goes cold.

If you know anything I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thank you very much!
I'll be sure to relay the information to someone who'd want to know. : )

About the house I saw.... Not much to tell.

One day a friend and I were driving to a village on the outskirts of the town I was living in at the time.
From the direction we were driving, there is only one road to that village, and we had been up and down that road several times before. I was quite familiar with the area.

That day I suddenly noticed a small solitary house near a bend in the road that I had never noticed before.
The house wasn't anything special per se, but it was very eye-catching because it was very different from all the other (modern) houses nearby. It was like a peasant cottage, the size of a big shed, with the kind of thatching that hadn't been used for at least a hundred years in that area (which had been newly developed after WW II, mainly in the 70s and early 80s). In short, it was the type of structure you'd see in a skansen (an open air museum), except there was never an open air museum there, and the house appeared really old and used - genuine, not something built for visitors.

Becuse of what I knew from psychology, I was VERY upset with myself for somehow having failed to notice it before. (My friend had never noticed it either.) I decided I would look up on the internet later on to see what I could find about it.
I didn't find anything, but I didn't try very hard either - I invested maybe three quarters of an hour before giving up.

Fast forward two months or so. We are driving down that road again, approach that same bend - and the house is nowhere to be found.
I was very disappointed but not really surprised. I figured it had been torn down.
Except the next time we were driving there, the house was there AGAIN. The same old and weathered cottage, near the same bend, with the same modern houses nearby.

I did return a few weeks later, but I didn't see it. I never saw it again. (But I don't even live in the same country now.)

I don't really know what to add. I don't know what that WAS. But I do know there is absolutely no way I could have been confused. It's a short drive, down the only road from the only direction we ever drove to that village.
(We did occasionally drive back to town continuing down the road and making a turn later on, but we never drove TO the village from any other direction.)
I'll always regret that we couldn't stop there. It would have been a lot of a hassle considering the circumstances (meaning the traffic and the position of the house - it wasn't located by the road), but I think it would have been worth it. Unfortunately my friend didn't think so.

ETA: I did ask an acquaintance who lives in the neighboring village about that house, and she didn't know what I was talking about. Apparently she doesn't recall any such house in that village.

edit on 3-6-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I had a curious incident yesterday, I moved away from my home town of Nuneaton in Warwickshire about a year ago and moved 18 miles away to be closer to work.
my family still lives in Nuneaton so I still visit regularly, I'm going away to santorini (greek island) in 12 days so thought I'd go and get some money changed to euros and take my mum for lunch, anyway we were going round various travel agents looking for the best exchange rate, my mum said the post office do a deal on a Wednesday (as it's market day) if your getting more than a £1000 changed.

Anyway I'm following her and I said mum if we're going to the post office why we walking this way it's the other way, she said no it isn't it's in the abbey gate shopping centre, I was adamant it wasn't, anyhow I followed her into the shopping centre to the post office I've never seen before, in my memory it was a shoe shop not a post office, I have no explanation of this, she said it's been in the shopping centre for a few years, but I've got memories of me posting a parcel about a year ago at the place that I thought the post office was at?!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

This is totally new to me and I will follow up the info you've given. I am sceptical about some of the stories regarding Rendlesham, because a lot of stuff surrounding the case seems to be pure disinformation. Something happened there, for sure, but someone has gone to a lot of trouble to stir confusion into the mix. I know Bruni had info on other odd events in the area, but she missed this one!

Thanks for the lead.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

That sounds like a typical vanishing -- then reappearing -- house incident. Could you mention what country/town this took place at? "Skansen" sounds Scandinavian. Were there any other odd events in the area, or even ancient sites?

Most of the time slip cases I have come across are from English language countries (UK, Australia, US, Canada) maybe because Google gives priority to English posts, plus a few from France. It would be interesting to find similar cases elsewhere -- there seem to be just a few at the moment.

When you saw it the second time,weren't you tempted to stop and examine it more closely?

Obviously it must have been a really old house, if your informant didn't recall it. Thanks for the story.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Thanks for the story. Is it possible to make enquiries at the shopping centre or online as to whether that unit was originally a shoe shop and when it switched? Or ask the PO itself?

Have a great time in Santorini! I'm afraid my days of visiting the Greek islands are long over.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The first link failed but I found the place in the video. As you say, all rather vague. And why would Halt go out of the way to show an alleged landing site to a couple of ladies at the local school? Odder and odder. Then we go to an even less reliable source, someone's ex neighbour who was allowed to listen in to a supposedly top secret discussion about the Philadelphia experiment in the Pentagon. This is a standard disinformation technique, the overheard disclosure. (When he was in the London Controlling Section during WWII, Dennis Wheatley used to write the scripts for people to use during social occasions in the diplomatic circuit.)

Well, it's possible, but not knowing any names or details renders it totally unverifiable. Could they cover up the disappearance of an entire house? Whose house? Did the owner vanish as well? Interesting if true, is all we can say!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlGrove

Thanks for the story. Is it possible to make enquiries at the shopping centre or online as to whether that unit was originally a shoe shop and when it switched? Or ask the PO itself?

Have a great time in Santorini! I'm afraid my days of visiting the Greek islands are long over.

I've just asked the missus where the post office was in Nuneaton, and she said inside the abbey gate, she has no recollection of it being where I said!!! I'm a little freaked out by this to be honest

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Is it possible that you recall posting the parcel at a small local post office outside the centre of town? Or a year or two earlier than you remember? I'm at an age where I recall small incidents and then realise with a shock that they must have taken place 20 or more years earlier than I thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Is it possible that you recall posting the parcel at a small local post office outside the centre of town? Or a year or two earlier than you remember? I'm at an age where I recall small incidents and then realise with a shock that they must have taken place 20 or more years earlier than I thought.

Haha I'm only 31 so it definitely didn't happen 20 years ago, it was only a year or 2 max, the missus said the post office has been inside the abbey gate shopping centre for 5-6 years, that to me is crazy as I've been into Nuneaton dozens of times in 5-6 years, and yesterday was the first time the post office was inside the abbey gate!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well thank you for responding. I have grave doubts there is anything to that story. Mainly because it was the school holidays (just after Xmas and just before New Year). So why would anyone be going into a school at this time? The story also mentions that the question came from builders attending to something. Again, this was 1980, so barring emergency repairs I just don't get why anyone would be working at that time?

Anyway I suspect it's another 'add-on' to keep the story alive for people who live a long, long way away!

Oh and someone mentioned that Liverpool time slip back in 1996. I can't pinpoint the exact date when it happened (other than early July). I worked very close to Bold Street in the summer of that year in a local retail establishment so there is a good chance I was close by when it happened. Strange that no one ever mentioned a thing to me about it and I didn't find out about it until years later long after I'd stopped working in the city. But there you go!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That sounds like a typical vanishing -- then reappearing -- house incident. Could you mention what country/town this took place at? "Skansen" sounds Scandinavian. Were there any other odd events in the area, or even ancient sites?

Most of the time slip cases I have come across are from English language countries (UK, Australia, US, Canada) maybe because Google gives priority to English posts, plus a few from France. It would be interesting to find similar cases elsewhere -- there seem to be just a few at the moment.

When you saw it the second time,weren't you tempted to stop and examine it more closely?

Obviously it must have been a really old house, if your informant didn't recall it. Thanks for the story.

It was in the Ticino, near Lugano, by the Swiss-Italian border.
Of course I was tempted to stop! But the traffic conditions in that particular area (and "in season") were such that we couldn't just stop on a few seconds notice; and, like I said, my friend (who was driving) really wasn't in the mood to meander back to it via local roads. Some people just are like that.
I did return some time later, but the cottage wasn't there any more.

(There are a few very similar experiences in the blog, and I believe all are from continental Europe. Not sure if the informants left/allowed the precise place to be mentioned, though.)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

That sounds pretty definite. It does begin to point more to some kind of reality shift/glitch in the matrix case rather than a straightforward timeslip. Obviously it is sometimes hard to tell them apart. Can you check whether there was ever a shoe shop at that site?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I agree, I think there is a tendency to build up certain cases (notably this one and Roswell) maybe because when a lot of official and military people are involved in something there is an unconscious tendency to place more credibility in it. Or also because someone is deliberately feeding disinformation for whatever purposes.

The Liverpool case was the one with the off duty policeman, Frank, 7 July 1996. I think that when this was mentioned in a local radio broadcast it triggered a lot of responses from others who had had similar experiences but were afraid to report them. I can't recall the time scale but maybe you had already left the area when it came out

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thanks for the extra detail. Actually I can think of only two cases from Italy, both from the Coloseum in Rome. I had been assuming you were on a little used country road, so I understand why you couldn't stop immediately.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join