It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could any image experts lend a hand please ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ok chaps, I don't think this is a UFO as in little green men, but it was very odd, silent and vanished totally.

I would be most grateful if anyone could lighten the images or do what you guys do to see if there is a "body" of some sort to the shape I just make out.

It's probably nothing and I'm not making any wild claims, but this is my first "odd" photo I've ever taken and I would be lying if I didnt admit I was a little curious !

Be gentle !

www.timb3r.plus.com...

www.timb3r.plus.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Heck. That's Planet Jupiter from a distance!! But what's the problem with this hoax? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i don't know about Jupiter maybe mars.
my real guess is that it's a satalite

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Of course. and where are those stars? It's definately fake, the most stupid ones can see that too.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
FAKE?

Looks like a real image to me..
The question posed by the photographer is "what is it?"

Could you give us a little more detail of the circumstances of the photos?

Time, direction in the sky, camera type...

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ladyfresh, will you go out with me? I love you!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yuk! How could you! Sexmaniac!

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think it aint noting from the sky becouse there is no star. If this picture is taken by a normal camera not a digital, It can be one of this bugs. I remember whit my old camera the was somethig that made some small red balls. Or it can be a millitary plane end you see the engine. The last one I dent belive but... I am pritey sure it is a bug from a normal camera picture. Am i right? Is this a Normal camera picture?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Seeing the file name, I would venture a guess that it was taken with a Sony
digital camera..I don't have any way to check further until I am sitting with my
copy of Photoshop..

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yea you are right it is a sony digital camera I dident see the name of the file. But then I doent know what it is. Can be a photoshop work... But it looks like to difrent things: www.timb3r.plus.com... this is much ligther background and the other one www.timb3r.plus.com... much darker.
And it must be a good sony camra whit that zoom or have you made it bigger in a other program?

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Xon]

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
In the picture whit the small light it is areflex on the light and there is a lot of small dots. In the other picture it aint the same reflex but there is something bigger behind

How, when, where did you take this picture?

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Xon]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It is very common to not see stars in photographs. A normal exposure is too fast for the faint light of stars to be picked up. Brighter objects in the sky (venus, jupiter, etc) sometimes can be seen in normal photographs. You have to take long exposures to see stars (I'm a bit of an astrophotogropher nut).

Anyway, as far as the pic goes, it could be a planet, maybe mars, but if taken recently, mars isn't too bright so I doubt that is it. Most probably venus, saturn, or jupiter...with a red tinge due to atmospheric conditions or clouds. You say it suddenly dissapeared...could have been a cloud rolling in that covered it perhaps?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladyfresh
Heck. That's Planet Jupiter from a distance!! But what's the problem with this hoax? Inquiring minds want to know.

1. I have no idea about planets nor their locations, so you could be right on that account.

2. An arrogant, ignorant statement is all I can attribute your second sentence. How can something be a hoax when fully explained that I didnt even think it was something special, but simply asked if anyone had an ability to lighten the photograph or at least help me work out what it was. It was post as a question, not a boast nor statement and if thats how new members are welcomed, then I will not darken your doors with my "hoaxes" anymore.

Furthermoore, to imply that I photoshopped it is actually quite amusing, please feel free to browse my /images folder on my website and see my amazing artistic "skills" - as you can well see, cutting and pasting in Microsoft paint is about my limit, so your incredibly "trained/observant" eye which so clearly dictated that, and I quote, " Of course. and where are those stars? It's definately fake, the most stupid ones can see that too.

Nice welcome again.

Anyway, now I have that off my chest, to answer the others.

The photo's was taken on Fujifilm A340 with 3x zoom last night, at 11:53pm GMT (I'm in the UK). I have no idea why there are no stars but I would assume that cloud cover prevented it (not my scientific explantion, just a guess), or as stated by Sensfan.

Anyway, this mystery has been solved - about 20 mins after posting this, whilst I was going to bed, a police helicopter circled around the fields near where I live for about 15 mins or so. Just a regular bunch of policemen looking for cars or a person, one would assume. It had the reddish light on it's tail, so thats what I think it was. Nothing exciting, like I expected.

Hell, I've never seen a UFO, let alone walk on here with my first picture and claim all kinds of things about it and yet I still get ripped to shreds by the likes of "Lady"fresh.

Xon

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Now that we found out what it was, case closed as they said

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This photo was taken just to mislead the ATSers. Shame on you, trolls!!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks Timb3r,

I was about to say Rudolph, the reindeer!...That answer flies, don't you think?

I tried to extract SOMETHING from the image, but not much was there, save for a bit of pixel bleed, around the dot..
And no, I don't think you were misleading anyone.
YOur EXIF info regarding camera, time, exposure etc...was all I got out of it, once I got home..

I can say however, those night time choppers can really look weird..

Later!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I still think, that it's a hoax. Damn good, that almost all ATSers are with their families preparing for Christmas, good for the troll, bad for the server.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Do you enjoy the show, Mr Fawundu? Cool, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm looking at this:

Originally posted by Ladyfresh
I still think, that it's a hoax. Damn good, that almost all ATSers are with their families preparing for Christmas, good for the troll, bad for the server.

and this:

Originally posted by timb3r
Ok chaps, I don't think this is a UFO as in little green men, but it was very odd, silent and vanished totally.

I would be most grateful if anyone could lighten the images or do what you guys do to see if there is a "body" of some sort to the shape I just make out.

It's probably nothing and I'm not making any wild claims, but this is my first "odd" photo I've ever taken and I would be lying if I didnt admit I was a little curious !

Who's trolling here Ladyfresh?

new topics

top topics

join