It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the mouths of babes...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Boadicea

I thought you meant what you said

Shame on everyone who wants to force their will on others in whatever way and for whatever reason...

Really? Is that the best you've got? I don't believe it. You can do better. I refuse to believe that you can find no intellectual or moral or ethical difference between someone imposing their will on another... and someone protecting themselves from someone trying to impose their will on them. People have only the right to do what they want for themselves and to themselves by themselves.

But you already know that, don't you?
edit on 15-5-2015 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

So when you want something protected or you want your own belonging safe what do you do? Ask nicely?

Huh? I'm not at all sure what point you are trying to make... and I don't want to guess...

Please expand?

Force would have to be used against the will of someone to keep your own protected...
again I was going by what you said...

Shame on everyone who wants to force their will on others in whatever way and for whatever reason...

There is a difference between aggressive force and defensive force... if you try to harm my children, yes, I will use force to protect them... that is not forcing my will on you, it is stopping you from forcing your will on others, because if you had not acted aggressively, I would have no need to use any force against you.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
It occurred to me that the only reason we do not have peace is because of people who insist on forcing their will on someone else... and we will not have peace as long as people continue to force their will on others. It really is that simple. Pretty much every problem we have can be traced back to someone forcing their will on others.... and those others fighting for their inherent natural rights to live and provide for themselves according to their own will. AKA Freedom. It's a vicious never-ending circle. As long as people keep trying to force their will on others, the others will fight and retaliate and rebel.

But it's for their own good...

Great analogy

Not sure that bribery and corruption with sweet and shiny things is necessarily a better alternative though

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ah, kids can be a hoot sometimes! Young or old, you can't force them to do things! Most younger kids balk at taking medicine, even when they know it's to help them feel better. Now and then, they have reasons other than simply dislike, though. My smallest, for example, would never eat fruit cocktail. We didn't know why, and assumed she didn't like the texture. Then, when she was given a juice blend containing peach, we found out she was highly allergic! As in, three shots in the ER allergic. All that time, she refused because, somehow, she knew it wasn't good for her. Another example is trying to make kids eat something they don't like. As my sister and I have said, you can't win a food war with a toddler. Sometimes, we need to coax kids to do something, for their own good, of course, but force doesn't work well. For adults, some people just want too much control. I see it as a sign if serious insecurity.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I expect that little girl will grow up to be a bitch. In fact, she already is.

People take too much crap from children. They don't know their place anymore.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Such a harsh judgment for a little girl you've never met? And not just a brat... but a bitch? Wow.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but somehow I don't think she'll care much what you (or others) think of her and won't be letting others define her... which of course is why you've judged her so harshly to begin with... hmmm... there's that never-ending vicious circle again. Funny how that works!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Nothing a good slap wouldn't cure.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Oh no! No! No! No! I don't want to slap you -- even if I could -- because in my experience, that would just perpetuate that vicious circle.... but if you really think it would help you, I'm sure you can find someone who would oblige your needs, and I won't stand in your way. Free will and all that donchaknow... So good luck with that

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about that mouthy kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join