It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an idea for yet another ATS offshoot....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Let's see, we have Webmail, Terror Analysis, News, Denied, Politics, BTS, and ATS... what I propose would be an offshoot of BTS, or maybe even a seperate forum for BTS... naah, it needs to be a seperate entity.

Alot of us on here are... odd, to say the least. Most of us can sling nonsense and enough bull to make others believe in just about anything... and the best part of this idea is that if it is done well enough, we could be quoted by other sites as much as a few on ATS do...

What am I talking about?

We make our own Onion or Pravda (spelling?).

How many times have members seen on threads links to either of these sites, and those same people swearing that it's true? How many times have threads exploded with discussion over false information?

Imagine the fun we could have doing the same things! Make up a notable character (preferably one with a PHD in something), toss in a few altered photographs, and write... not just a 'story', but an honest to god newspaper worthy article... WAH-LA!

We could call it BSN. You know, Below Secret News... yeah. BS News is more like it! But seriously... we could show off our creative side while influencing the masses is a most enjoyable manner!

Onion, Pravada (?), Weekly World News, watch out... BSN is coming...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
BS News

It sounds like a net version of National Enquirer. I doubt it will catch on to be honest.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
lol, seems interesting, but as was said, it would be a bit like an online National Inquirer, plus, theres already a bunch of bull flowing over the internet, and i dont think it would be good to fill ppl's heads with more bull, kinda mean and a bit of a waste of time.(although i do agree it would be kinda fun lol) If done right it may last, but in teh long run i dont think it will amount to much. thats just what i think anyway.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It could be fun, but far from in keeping with the ATS slogan.

And as has been mentioned it's already being done, and those sites don't have the best reputations, and we wouldn't want anyone to judge ATS by a sister site promoting false information now do we?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Reading some of the posts out there I think there are enough people doing this already.

The idea of this site is to find the truth from the fiction, if you were to set up something like the site you mention, it would be ATS that debunked you first.

new topics

top topics

join