It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Prohibition Is Unscientific, Unconstitutional, And Unjust

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:
(post by Quetzalcoatl14 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

If Cannabis is to be legalized there needs to be a lengthy discussion.

Not really.

The bottom line is that nobody should be corralled into the "Justice System" for possession of cannabis, ever. Period. No incarceration. No probation. No fine. No discussion should be needed to establish that.

Cannabis use is extremely unlikely to ruin your life. In fact, many lives are made immeasurably better by it.

Cannabis prohibition ruins many, many, many lives.

There are many details to be worked out regarding exactly how society should deal with cannabis, but the absolute first and most important step is to stop arresting people for possessing it.

edit on 15-5-2015 by muchmadness because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2015 by muchmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Please keep this in mind so the conversation can continue. Thanks.

Further post mentioning personal use may lead to posting bans.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555
edit on 5/15/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The prohibition of any vice is unconstitutional and unjust.

All drugs need to be legalized.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just got a warning message for positing on this. Does anyone know what I did wrong on this thread?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

You can't talk about personal use, even a little bit.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Oh yikes my bad! I thought it was ok because I'm legal medically in CA.
Sorry ATS!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The industrial benefits are mind boggling, the health applications are wide spread, and its side effects are less severe than those of alcohol or tobacco. The crux here as always is responsibility. the people who will cause the most trouble with the stuff are already in trouble for other things. I do think it should be treated carefully but common sense is less and less common and discipline is already a problem.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

Even the drugs that make you chew someone's face?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The war on drugs is a losing battle. Eventually, reason will triumph and marijuana will be legalised in most parts of the world.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Yes, that's what guns are for.
edit on 15-5-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

To be fair and not without declaring that I support all drugs being legal or even one that may make someone do that, have to take into consideration that;
The Miami "balt salt zombie" did have only marijuana in his system. Though, likely what caused his actions was mental illness rather than marijuana.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There are a few reasons why I believe this will be a moot point in the future. And that really comes down to a few things I see already happening today.

1. All the advances in current hydroponics and LED technology make it almost impossible for prohibition towards cannabis to be realistically be enforced anymore. Even among the people that have zero interest in horticulture.

Point two is a bit longer down the goal line, but hear me out.

2. 3d printers, and no I'm not talking about having a food synthesizer yet...but it is starting to go down that road. But here are just the first few articles on just a simple google search for "3d printed pharmaceuticals":

www.theguardian.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.sciencedirect.com...

Some of this is talking about just pills taking different shapes, or extruding technology becoming obsolete, but it will get to the point to where you can start printing your own chemical chains with the right equipment.

Eventually if the elements, chemical schematics, wallet and will are there...then 50 years down the road I don't see it beyond having printed thc, printed lsd, whatever you want.

I see a future where all these materials do start getting monitored, like guns are today....otherwise, this will be checkmate in the whole prohibition game as far as I can tell (and a few other things, like fire arms, replicating peoples body parts, you name it).

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I knew you started this thread, KS.

S&F for another great read.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Im not sure you can cure the worlds energy and textile problems with anything that you can grow. You would just need so much fertile land to grow it in. Its just not doable. Plus you would need to use so much oil based fertilizer to re-nurish the land every few years.

Yes hemp can be used for a lot of stuff but growing cant replace everything.

As for ending prohibition i dont think its ever going to happen the way it should. What might happen is it will be state controlled so it will become yet another thing the government will have control over for the sake of lining their own pockets. People will settle for that deal thinking they have won the war.

Actually, hemp would make the world a MUCH better place, all the way around. We don't know a world with hemp and her products in it. It pretty much grows any where and is rather hard to kill...One of the most important plants on this Earth and it's essentially illegal, save for a few states that have some farmers growing pockets of it here and there.

The paper and timber conglomerates are the anti-hemp folks. They tend Ito join forces with the anti-cannabis crowd to make it ALL ILLEGAL. There is NO reason either should be illegal, but especially hemp. It's a BENIGN plant that cannot get anyone high, medicated, seizure free, etc...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sirChill

I hope someone invents a stripping machine that takes garbage and breaks it down to its molecular components. Recycle trash and restock your printer with raw materials.

But I digress...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

It may be illegal in your country but in many other countries its not. They don't have this conspiracy you talk of but they dont grow massive amounts of hemp.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DAVID64

Think of it like this. Marijuana is the front runner of the war on drugs. The war on drugs and it's brother the war on terrorism (which really just supports the war on drugs) are responsible for the majority of our rights being trampled. All the police escalation and usage of military technology is due to the war on drugs. It is LITERALLY the elephant in the room that needs to be addressed before we can get the government back on track and our rights restored.

Perfectly said. S&F and thank you for posting this thread.
Cheers

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: lovebeck

It may be illegal in your country but in many other countries its not. They don't have this conspiracy you talk of but they dont grow massive amounts of hemp.

I think that's sort of the point, it must be conspiracy to justify the stupidity of the laws existence in the first place.

Personally I don't think the prohibition of mj in this country was anything more than a racial discrimination thing against the mestizos, Spanish and Native Americans that used it...and for whatever reasons the stupid laws still exist.

If your talking about hemp itself, it got beat by oil and cotton. Plain and simple. It stopped being farmed when it stopped making money (cotton was more comfortable to wear, could be harvested easier with the newly invented cotton gin, took dyes better and could do most of the same stuff hemp could). End of story.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I agree 100% that what you put in your body is your business, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. That said.....What the Hell are we doing? Our Constitutional Rights are being trampled left and right, but lately, the Right to get high is the only thing I've seen people come together over. Seriously, if people were as passionate about all our Constitutional Rights, TPTB would not dare step over the line,. But here we are, head up our ass as usual, fighting over the petty crap, while they screw us on everything else.

Why people have come together on this issue is actually very simple.....

According to the 2012 National Survey on Drug use and Health, 49% of Americans have admitted to using marijuana.

So HALF of the population of the US, (those that actually admitted to using), have used marijuana and know for a FACT that the fear, propaganda, and debate surrounding the support of continued prohibition is 100% absolute grade A bunk.

Can you find any other subject that has that number of people who know anything for a fact through their own personal experience?
edit on 16-5-2015 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join