It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Starving Cancer Patient Called 911 For Food And The Operator Delivered In A Big Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This Starving Cancer Patient Called 911 For Food And The Operator Delivered In A Big Way
www.buzzfeed.com...

After returning home from cancer treatment, 81-year-old Clarence Blackmon realized he had an empty fridge but was unable to get food. He called 911 for help, and the best thing ever happened.

Clarence doesn’t have family nearby, so when he saw an empty fridge, he knew he had to call 911.

He told the 911 operator, “Whatever you can do to help. I can’t do anything. I can’t go anywhere. I can’t get out of my damn chair.”
But instead of leaving him helpless, the 911 operator and Fayetteville, North Carolina, police officers brought him bags of food from the grocery.

The 911 operator, Marilyn Hinson, immediately knew she had to help.

After the call she asked police officers to help her, and of course they dropped everything to get Clarence some groceries.
He only asked for enough to get him through the week, but Hinson and the officers brought more than that and even made him sandwiches.

ABC11 reported that he’ll now be getting a part-time nurse to help him with everything!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is both a happy and sad story. Sad that there wasn't health care availability right after treatment and that the patient had to call for emergency to get the help. Happy how police officers just loaded up his fridge and cabinets and made him some sandwiches. What a great story to read first thing in the morning with my coffee

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Posted yesterday, it is on the front page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Its great to see stories like these as it shows that not all LEOs are ar'£holes! We need more stories like these in our MSM and hopefully those bad apples in some police forces will feel shamed into actually working with their community rather than against it!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Its great to see stories like these as it shows that not all LEOs are ar'£holes! We need more stories like these in our MSM and hopefully those bad apples in some police forces will feel shamed into actually working with their community rather than against it!

Only as arsehole immediately jumps to the negative about the police. You took a nice story and wrecked it.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

What the hell are you chatting about! I said it was good to see news about the good LEOs do instead of all the press about "SOME" bad apples in "SOME" forces.

Build a bridge and get over yourself! How did I wreak the story.

You uneducated dimwit!
edit on 15.5.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Posted yesterday, it is on the front page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join