It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In hindsight, Jeb Bush says, he wouldn't have invaded Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
A change of heart? Or maybe a change in campaign strategy? One thing is for sure, this is a full flip flop over what he was saying before:

After days of refusing to say whether, with the benefit of hindsight, he would have ordered the invasion of Iraq in 2003, Jeb Bush relented Thursday and said he would not have invaded.

"If we're all supposed to answer hypothetical questions, knowing what we know now, what would you have done?" Bush said with a twinge of annoyance while campaigning in Arizona. "I would have not engaged. I would not have gone into Iraq."

news.yahoo.com...

Now he did say knowing what we know now so really, he's being careful with the wording. Regardless, this is a major change of tune over this issue. Like it or not this man is a major Republican contender in the Republican primaries, so his position on this is very relevant. It's also very apparent how unpopular the Iraq war has become in history, so unpopular that even George's own brother, Jeb, is taking a step back.

I still don't think he'll get the GOP nomination.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Saw this earlier today, thought it was funny. Just answer the damn question Baby J.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I'd say that sentiment reflects many views out there. I'm not a Jeb supporter, however, I did support the original invasion and looking back at the mistakes made and the results, it's hard to justify the lost lives and expense whatsoever.

Labeling it a flip-flop may be harsh.

Plenty I disagree with Jeb on , this isn't one of them...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
A change of heart? Or maybe a change in campaign strategy?

Strategy? Heart???

You do realize you are talking about a member of the Bush dynasty, don't you? I think the word you are looking for is "lie."

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Here is what he should say.

My brother made a huge mistake, George's incompetence and incompetent and possibly demented Vice President, used poor judgment to start a war that killed many Americans and Iraq's alike. Their actions drained, many trillions of American tax payer dollars to only further endanger US national security.

My brothers actions also destabilized Iraq and the region to an extent that has now allowed Islamic Extremist to gain a foothold as a hard core terrorist and to form a religious government that continues to kill, maim and rape citizens in the region.

The situation is now hopeless, these horrible depraved, likely mentally ill people will likely continue to terrorize people in the region and abroad for decades to come, including here in the US.

My brothers unexplainable thirst to believe and grasp at anything that would give him justification and reason to invade Iraq is something I just don't understand, and not something I myself would have contemplated or done as President.

George and Dick, personally owe the slain Americans families as well as the slain Iraqi families reparations, and as President I will seek to make sure that happens.

edit on 15-5-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I have no respect for Jeb Bush. He is a founding member of the PNAC...you know the group that wants to take over the world through American military might? You know a Pax Americana?...you know utter and complete bull smack for the rest of the world.

Dude is the grandson of a guy who took part in a coup right here in the USA. The same grandfather who was the "bag man" for Nazi Germany. The guys father, whom albeit an actual hero, did some mighty questionable things as CIA director. How is it even possible we have allowed this, questionably patriotic family even entertain the notion of office...AGAIN?

Flip flop and double talk, just like Hillary Clinton...anything either one of these people of less then stellar ethics does wreaks of collusion, underhandedness and downright arrogance. They dont want the office to serve, they want the office for their own over inflated egos...and thats putting it nicely.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
A change of heart? Or maybe a change in campaign strategy?

Strategy? Heart???

You do realize you are talking about a member of the Bush dynasty, don't you? I think the word you are looking for is "lie."

Grandpa was a Nazi supporter. Dad has enough skeletons in his closet to fill a haunted house, including the possibility of being involved in JFK's assassination ( unless it was that accountant...). His brother is, at best, an idiot and at worst a war criminal. Yeah, "lie" doesn't quite cover it....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Maybe Jeb has the truest heart of the Bush Dynasty, if that's possible?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I don't think he'll get the nomination either, but this little fiasco shows how ready and willing he is to COMPLETELY change his "position" to get the approval of the voters. VVD is right. He's LYING.

Surely, he had previously wondered if he'd do the same as W. did in Iraq... I mean, he had to know that would be a campaign question at some point. Right? So he had his answer all ready and then changed it AS SOON as people started balking.

What a wimp!

a reply to: Xeven

Exactly! Now, THAT would have been impressive!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Just proves that he is like a stalk of grass,He bends anyway the wind blows. Now I'm all for a president that can negotiate,but one that bows to pressure? Well,I wonder how that would work on a world stage. I think he will say anything he THINKS will get him in. So at the very least,he is a total liar like the rest.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Jeb Bush's heart doesn't appear to be in a presidential run. He will run for his party's nomination because of his family name. He may feel that Karl Rove and his brother stole what should have been his opportunity to run in 2000. I think he will still be the GOP nominee. The other GOP contenders goal is to boost their national profile. Who would want to be the candidate who loses to Hillary Clinton?

Just my 10 cents.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It's a false question.

Basically, this stemmed from Megyn Kelly asking Jeb if he could see into the future, would he do anything different.

If any of us could see into the future, all of us would probably do something different.

But none of us can see into the future.

Ms. Kelly might have well just asked, if he had super powers, what would he do to change the world!

It has no bearing what-so-ever in reality.

A better question would be, what would he do today if the US was attacked like 9/11.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Basically, this stemmed from Megyn Kelly asking Jeb if he could see into the future, would he do anything different.

It was a stock question that journalist or undecided informed voter would ask. The way he made a mess of the answer makes me wonder if he is serious in his presidential ambitions.

But none of us can see into the future.

No but such a thing as foresight exists.

Ms. Kelly might have well just asked, if he had super powers, what would he do to change the world!

Super powers might be needed to make Hillary answer such a question anytime soon. hehe

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezer, mate, Jeb flunked a question from Fox fricking News. He then claimed that he misheard the question. When a member of the GOP flunks a question from Faux News you know that he's flailing and failing.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

It is a stock question, but she might as well have asked what his favorite color was.

Is also describes what is wrong with the press.

I'd like to see all candidates get the same questions (based in reality) and differentiate based on their answers.

As for Hillary, she will probably be the first candidate that would get elected based not on her answers, but on her cult following alone.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Would you be bothered if somebody said that presidential candidates didn't have to answer questions on other major issues like Health Care and the economy? Former Australian Prime Minster John Howard has addressed the issue of his support for the Iraq war in a better manner than Jeb Bush managed to do.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

Would you be bothered if somebody said that presidential candidates didn't have to answer questions on other major issues like Health Care and the economy? Former Australian Prime Minster John Howard has addressed the issue of his support for the Iraq war in a better manner than Jeb Bush managed to do.

Instead of answering questions, I'd actually like to hear actual statements from the candidates concerning their positions.

That way they cannot tailor their answers to any specific lobby or group or audience.

Jeb has already said enough to guarantee that he won't get my vote. And I based that not on his answers to any given questions, but on his statements on the issues.

If a candidate didn't answer questions or have made statements on issues that concern me, then they also loose my support.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Beezer, mate, Jeb flunked a question from Fox fricking News. He then claimed that he misheard the question. When a member of the GOP flunks a question from Faux News you know that he's flailing and failing.

I'd have to agree with that.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Now he did say knowing what we know now so really, he's being careful with the wording.

He knows now what they knew back then! There were no WMD to justify the September dossier that led us to invade. So when the POTUS and the UK PM ignored the will of their public, they did it on a lie. Millions marching across the world and they took us in there anyway.

Still, no doubt someone in the ME is glad they were saved. The veterans who live with depression/PTSD/GWS might not be so quick to back Jeb and his comments.

Jeb would do it all over again and will probably get his chance in the future to prove it.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Didn't Iraq show evidence that they did have WMD's and have shown to have used them?

(ie Kurds)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join