It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaping over the bull.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

In the narrative of who you are, there is always someone spinning out what number you are. The type of person you are or should be. What would they know?Some of us even do it to ourselves. Whatever is said, is never ever all together true only an attempt to put in to words the current events of who you are. Or who the narrative wants you to be! The problem is all within our be-lief of what is said to be good, bad or whatever, this of course changes in accordance to your current narratives. Be true to your self and belief slowly but surely becomes a habit of the past. A belief in general is the definition of something, some occurrence. In some ways, it is much like the time, once you have said it things have changed. Even ones idea of oneself changes, so how much more will someone else’s idea be wrong if they don’t even know a quarter your own inner triggers.The body is guided and led by beliefs,narratives are given to shape those beliefs. Yet that is not who you are, its your current vehicle only. Your typewriter your speaker, your microphone, your mobile sensory device. A point of reference. Don’t be dominated by the bull or the #e.
Eliberocelta mayo 2015
edit on 15-5-2015 by ancientthunder because: misspell

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Hey, what happened to the poetry...

Can you expand upon the statement ' it's your current vehicle only '? It implies many things and I am a little curious. Are you are speaking from personal experience?

S+F...just because...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon
Thanks for the star, I tend to write always from personal experience unless I am in a very fantasy writing style mode. Yes, it does imply many things, you are right. I am curious to know what it implies to you? To play on the safe side, haha I would say our own idea of what the body is changes and thus so does the body and the whole universe along with it. That is healthy is it not?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

To play on the safe side, haha I would say our own idea of what the body is changes and thus so does the body and the whole universe along with it. That is healthy is it not?

I cannot say anything about health in that context. I asked the question in haste, my own folly, in the sense of...there are some who say things like ' I am not my body ' and I assumed that was what my quoted reply was saying. It wasn't though...hey perhaps it was! I like a lot of the things you write but because of the subject matter, or rather, because some of the fundamental premises are somewhat paradoxical, I can see things from a different perspective. Having said that, I do agree with some things and endorse the sentiment too. If you can write about such topics as you do from experience then may I ask is there a particular or relevant one ? Sometimes I see some insight that appears born of experience in your poetry. There are times though when you wander a little...forget I said that! Sometimes the poet has a muse, hey I've got one and I'm not even a poet.
Kudos for the writing ancient thunder.

midicon.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Thanks for your sincere reply and the insights of where you are coming from. The I am not the body idea, is a really messy one, which I have consciously chosen not to get involved in. Even still, If the writing requires an indirect hit at it I go with it. My focus, is each individual is free to play around with any idea and see where it leads them.

If you can write about such topics as you do from experience then may I ask is there a particular or relevant one ?

To me most if not all are relevant, but the most personal and metaphysical at the same time is this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On the other hand, what one considers to be direct experience is not the same as another persons take on it. I am happy with my own diagnosis of what is experience and what is not.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I liked that poem, I starred and flagged it way back then.

On the other hand, what one considers to be direct experience is not the same as another persons take on it. I am happy with my own diagnosis of what is experience and what is not.

I had no intention of making a diagnosis or having a take on anything ancient thunder. Sometimes I have engaged you in good natured banter, but only because I like what you write. If I didn't I would never comment.

Regards midicon.

top topics

join