It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems are attempting to stop some ammo purchases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Some Democrats are trying to prevent online purchase of ammo. They do not like the idea of people being able to purchase unlimited amounts of ammo online.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This has zero chance of going anywhere.... These people are nuts.

Buying online means you can get the best price. Unfortunately Costco isn't selling bulk .223 and .45 ACP. Have any of these poltroons ever gone shooting? You literally blow through the stuff. Especially if your trying to get better. Anyway, who cares if someone has 10K rounds of 9mm. Why is that threatening? Do they think they can shoot it all at once? Why does some guy having a bunch of ammo scare anyone? I don't get it. Why are not we stopping crazy people from owning guns???? That seems more productive.

V

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I like arrows better for hunting anyway. More silent.

Plus, unlike bullets, I can make my own. I can have virtually infinite amount of arrows.

Wow. Suddenly Van Helsing's automatic crossbow comes to my mind...

Lol

edit on 14-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

One of the bill’s cosponsors, Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.), said in his own Facebook post that limiting ammunition is one of the best ways to curb gun violence.

“Far too many times, we have seen the shocking images of unspeakable gun violence that could have been prevented,” he wrote. “Our bill to limit the online sale of ammunition is a long-overdue common sense reform that I am hopeful will spark Congress to put aside party difference and come together to help prevent such senseless tragedies.”

These are the morons who have probably never even held a weapon, much less know anything about them. This sounds like the same bunch who got their panties in a wad over cosmetic changes to the AR platform. No matter how many times they get slapped down, the gun grabbers will keep coming up with new and stupid ways to infringe on our Rights. All for our own good of course.
edit on 14-5-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ya know, not once have i ever bought ammo online. Hell, i live less then a block away from my usual store lol. But since they don't want me to buy it online, i might have to go online this weekend and order some just for spite. what a bunch of morons.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there are lots of morons that THINK they know something they aren't even involved with or have any experience in trying to control peoples every move. There are many ways to get bulk ammo, and even if you went to several stores there is no background check for ammo. I think it comes from them wanting to control the peoples lives in the US and the fact they can't take control of everyone's lives when they are armed well. And that is exactly why the second amendment says, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED on the ownership of firearms.

Unfortunately again, it seems lost on the anti-gunners that they are violating the very document they scream about for their other amendments. Ever wonder why the various administrations have made comments like "It's just a GD piece of paper" about the constitution, or "Constitutionalists, Veterans, and Christians are the biggest threat to the US"! It's because they can't take their ultimate control while everyone is armed. The anti-gunners should be happy we are armed, because we are defending their very freedom too! But, that is also lost on them. If they ever got rid of the guns (a pipe dream) they would soon find followed a control system so outrageous they would be pining for the freedoms they lost in their ignorance.

That is just my 2 cents on the matter. The ammo thing just comes from the same mindset.

edit on 14/5/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VariableI do not have a .223 or .45ACP. However, I do buy .22LR. I buy 500 rounds at a time. That is one "brick" of ammo. It takes me a few days to use up 500 rounds. But I am having fun shooting. Next thing they will try to do is limit the amount that can be purchased at a local gun store.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Good luck semi auto restringing.
WHO says it 's for hunting?
edit on 14-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Good luck semi auto restringning.

Working on it, actually.

WHO says it 's for hunting?

What else? Murder?

If you think "shooting in the leg" is nonlethal, I invite you to check hemorrhages caused by wounds in legs.
edit on 14-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
As usual Blaze added their own BS. This bill does not stop people from buying ammo online you can still buy it online but it would require you to show ID in person to pick it up.
Dem bill targets online ammo sales

Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) has introduced the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2015. The bill unveiled Tuesday would require federally licensed ammunitions dealers to confirm the identity of individuals who arrange to purchase ammunition over the Internet by verifying a photo ID in-person.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I guess you can't understand what they are saying. "Cochran said buyers would still be able to complete an Internet sale, but would need to present a photo I.D. in-person at an authorized dealer before the shipment can be made."

So if i buy ammo online from a store in Montana and I live in NC... who exactly would i present the ID too? I do love vague laws open to interpretation of lefty bureaucrats.

V

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Liberals always say their ideas are "common sense" and that the "proven" science and evidence are already passed argument.

These underhanded tactics are supposed to make the voter feel foolish and ignorant for not understanding such simple "common sense"

Same thing goes for "climate-change deniers"

Negative connotation to whoever disagrees with them.
edit on PMThu, 14 May 2015 17:03:22 -050052015Thursday1442015515 by ArnoldNonymous because: added to argument

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Oh no HEAD shots trained and true.
Defense against a mob comes to mind.
www.ijreview.com... campaign=Crime.
The brown folks have been acting funny since SCHMUCKO got elected...some cops too.
THEN too,they actually MIGHT be stupid enough to try a martial law thing.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

so its Ok if we are made to show an ID to buy ammo but apparently asking for an ID to vote is going to far? lol i don't get people sometimes lol

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wonderful post . Bows for self defense. That is what I own. Easy to use, not much chance of a misfire. Beautiful shock and awe weapon . As you said , you can make as much ammo as you could possibly want at a very cheap cost.As I used to say , SS&D - Swift, Silent , and Deadly

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
As usual Blaze added their own BS. This bill does not stop people from buying ammo online you can still buy it online but it would require you to show ID in person to pick it up.
Dem bill targets online ammo sales

Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) has introduced the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2015. The bill unveiled Tuesday would require federally licensed ammunitions dealers to confirm the identity of individuals who arrange to purchase ammunition over the Internet by verifying a photo ID in-person.

Why does one purchase something online?

Convenience.

This is obviously designed to stop online ammo purchases, don't be obtuse, it is obvious.

You can purchase it online but must still get in the car a drive to the location.

Hence you still have to go to the location, why would you purchase it online then?

You wouldn't, that makes no sense at all, except from the view point of stopping online ammo sales.

Not to mention, it now makes it a requirement to show I'd to buy ammo.

A restriction that doesn't exist now.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

so its Ok if we are made to show an ID to buy ammo but apparently asking for an ID to vote is going to far? lol i don't get people sometimes lol

It is racist to show Id to vote.

Everyone knows black people can't get an id.

You racist!!!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

I guess you can't understand what they are saying. "Cochran said buyers would still be able to complete an Internet sale, but would need to present a photo I.D. in-person at an authorized dealer before the shipment can be made."

Still working on those reading skills huh? Did he say after this passes you cannot buy ammo online? Nope sure doesn't.

So if i buy ammo online from a store in Montana and I live in NC... who exactly would i present the ID too? I do love vague laws open to interpretation of lefty bureaucrats.

Is there some reason you can't buy locally? Way to support your community.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Variable

Still working on those reading skills huh? Did he say after this passes you cannot buy ammo online? Nope sure doesn't.

Is there some reason you can't buy locally? Way to support your community.

It mandates that you must appear in person and show I'd for an online purchase.

How does that even make any sense?

If you have to go to Walmart and show I'd to buy ammo, why wouldn't you just go to Walmart and buy it without showing I'd?

Exactly, it is to stop online ammo purchases, period.

I don't want to stop online purchases, I just want to make you physically go to the store and show I'd, even though you don't even need I'd st the store to purchase the same item.......

Stop it, just stop, you are not an idiot buster quit trying to pretend you don't see how idiotic this is.

It is blatantly obvious it iseant to stop online sales.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here's a link to the actual bill (I believe), although the text is not there just yet.

www.congress.gov...

Official Title as Introduced:

To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join