It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pickles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
BFFT, thanks for the thread....S&F

I love pickles, any size, shape or flavour, but my problem is I choke on the vinegar. Seems to suck the air right out of my lungs.

I'm sure they will be the death of me one of these days....oh well we all gotta go someday. LOL

Best way: cracker, slice each of polish sausage, cheese, pickled egg and top with a chunk of dill...MMMmmmm Good cracker. Dang, now I'm hungry.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

Ahem, Iwinder I starred your post, guess your secret is out

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I like pickles. Not so much the "bread and butter" kind. I like sweet or dill. The kind with peppers is great, too. I see that those are Polish style. How are those different than other kinds?
Do you drink the juice? One of my friends does that. My grandma and uncle did, too. I tried it and thought it was okay-not great but okay- but I won't down it all day.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Speaking of chocolate peanut butter, the other day I took some peanut butter and added chocolate flavoring and it was awesome....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

They are made by Polish people!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

There is a bread and butter type i've had called horseradish pickles that are really good. I hate sweet and bread and butter style, though.

The polish are spicier, and have a much more bold flavor. If i can't get polish, i usually go with hot garlic dills.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
Well I'd hope they're not made from Polish people.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Spicy pickles sound good. I'll have to look for those. Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Tomorrow I am going to my first picnic of the year...I am making deviled eggs and bringing pickles!

Your pickles look yummy...I think eating a lot of pickles is a good thing.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I made pickled watermelon rind once.....it was AWESOME....but not very low carb, I'm afraid.

And, homemade dill pickles are THE BEST!!!!!
But, I make small quantities....in a big bowl....reminds me of fall....
When they are pickled to the desired state, they go in the frig....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If you get a chance, try some Bubbies, natural probiotic cultured pickles, no vinegar just time & love...

and yum!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seaez

if nothing else, i've just sourced my horseradish for the Christmas beef.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Arrrugh, pickles are gross!!!

I pick the slices out of my burgers, i throw any jars i find from my house - they are disgusting!

If you want to pickle anything pickle some onions and shallots, in a spicy vinegar, now we are talking.

Pickled gherkins, YUK! seesh! All your taste buds are going to disown you! I feel bad for your mouth's.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Does the term "pickle" in America typically refer to pickled gerkins or anything pickled?

Here in the UK if you ask for pickle you would get something like this.

Branston Pickle

is made from a variety of diced vegetables, including swede, carrots, onions, cauliflower and gherkins pickled in a sauce made from vinegar, tomato, apple and dates with spices such as mustard, coriander, garlic, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, nutmeg and cayenne pepper with sugar.

As in our reveared cheese and pickle sandwich.

Going back to pickled gerkins Both myself and mrsnonspecfic are big fans, we preffer the smaller sweet crunchy ones and a jar never lasts long.

Also if you want to make an interesting vinagrette for salads then the pickle juice mixed with the oil from a jar of roasted peppers or sundried tomatoes with a few finley diced pickles, some shallot and minced capers is pretty awsome and saves wasting the juice if your sensible enough not to drink it!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea
Oh, funny!
Because I just made deviled eggs for work today. But I chopped up our spicy pickles and put them in it.
A girl at work wanted to try it. She doesn't think it will be good.

She is so wrong! It is awesome.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Weird...I get strange cravings for garlic pickles at times. I'll finish off the jar, then drink the juice!

I always get strange dreams and/or nightmares afterwards. None the less...it's always worth it!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

In the US, "pickle" is forever bound to the hamburger. So to us a pickle is a pickled cucumber.

Of course, pickled veggies are still well known, and people consume them. The best pickled veggies i ever had were at this Kosher Russian place i found myself in while visiting NYC. They had a pickled mix of carrot, onion, and I thik parsnip. It was really good.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
How about pickled eggs? they're lovely

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I like pickled eggs.

pig feet are a popular pickling item around here. pickled sausage, too....but that has just become pickled hot dog, which is gross. The downgrade in quality kind of pisses me off.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: valiant

I like pickled eggs.

pig feet are a popular pickling item around here. pickled sausage, too....but that has just become pickled hot dog, which is gross. The downgrade in quality kind of pisses me off.

I sem to remember having to ask you about pickled sausage in a different thread, I still do not think it sounds very nice to me.

There is a growing trend in UK cuisine for fresh pickles, Briefly salted and then lightly pickled for an hour or two before accompanying a main dish.

Beetroot seems to be the most popular right now.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

i went my whole life hating beets. About a year ago I had some red and some gold beets that were roasted and in a salad with mizuna, goat cheese, toasted almonds, and a light fig balsamic.

Now i am a fanatic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join