It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pickles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have a real problem. An addiction that only crops up when I am in a ketogenic state. I can't stop eating pickles. I am kind of picky, too, really only eating one kind:

I decided it was time to come clean after finishing off a large jar of pickles since yesterday morning.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

try wrapping it in bacon and deep frying!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have that addiction as well, only I can my own. With lots of garlic, and sometimes hot peppers thrown in for the hubby.

Only it has grown to pickled beets, asparagus, cauliflower and carrots as well.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

wait....what did you just say?

have you tried this? I like hot pickles just fine (sounds gross though). I love bacon. At breakfast this morning I actually ate a pickle and half lb of bacon.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Pickles?

Make your own. Only way to go. Sister makes the dill pickles using grandma's recipe. I do pickled peaches and watermelon rind.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

How's Adkins going? Craving bread? I can only do it a short time. I really like my starches

Best pickles i ever had were home made, couldn't stop eating them. Evidently making them right is a bit of a PITA.
I have never seen the ones you have. I will keep an eye out though.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

its easy peasy for me. Im not a big bread fan. I like it fine....but i can go without it.

I can't give up fats, so it works great for me. I just grab another piece of bacon.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The downfall for me is to get started on it. I can ignore it just fine so long as I don't start in. Once I have a slice, or a chip, or a cracker, etc. then I start wanting more.

Still, I can't conceive of Mexican without tortillas.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Try it you will love it!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexanI like kosher pickles a lot. On occasions I will eat a couple pickles with potato chips, almost to the point of being excessive. There is something about pickles and salty chips. YUM!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If i am really having mexican food...sure. Ill do torts.

But tonight i am having shrimp diablo "tacos". They have this live lettuce butterleaf at the store here, which makes a wonderful "tortilla". with a little slaw made from radishes and cabbage hearts to give is a light crunch, and an ancho chile/lime crema as the sauce, and the diablo shrimp (just a chile/garlic/lime zest mix i make)

I use lettuce in place of bread. Like romaine hearts with my BLT wraps.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Ah, if I'm going that route, I'll just call it taco salad. We do that with chili seasoned catfish nuggets, chopped romaine, queso crumble and avocado. Generally, we do it to finish off a head of romaine that's about to turn. But we've done it with other taco fillings too.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

There you go, Enjoy!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am addicted to pickles as well, they have to be dill pickles and they have to be really crunchy. Unfortunately for me I am not allowed to eat many of them due to salt restrictions in my diet. So I do what any man would do.....I wait till the queen is asleep then I hit the fridge:-)

Just one with maybe a piece of cheese and after that just one more...after that it gets real hard to put the jar back in the fridge.
I love them on my Subs/ Hero's and I love them on a roast beef sandwich......I need one now and screw the doctors :-)
S&F BFT

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Now I have to go and raid the pickles from the fridge at this hour(half past midnight,UK time).
I am serious.
I am a recent convert/addict of pickles.

Off to the fridge.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"But I don't want to pickle
I just want to ride on my motorcycle."

I am sure you saw that one coming.

Edit;
But if I was forced to eat a pickle it would definitely be Izzys.

edit on 14-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Boar's Head makes a good dill pickle, but it might become an expensive habit. My dad used to pickle green tomatoes at the end of the season and they were awesome. Deep fried pickles are next-gen pickle deliciousness.

I do love me a deep fried pickle.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A thousand times YES!!!

I can put down a whole jar of those Claussen ones without any effort. They have to be dill or garlic dill. I'm picky, but as long as they arent too sweet, I'll eat em.
All of this talk of fried pickles is making me jones...
havent had a food jones since the gf brought up canneloni...still havent found any close by yet.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

There you go, Enjoy!

Oh, the things I would do to those.....

....i like fried pickles quite a bit. Haven't met one i don't like yet. And i love bacon. I see this as a "chocolate and peanut butter" type of proposition, frankly.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Atkins friendly snack for a hot day:
1 slice of ham (obviously non-sugar/honey cured ham)
smear slice with cream cheese
Place 1 dill spear on cream cheese and wrap up the slice of ham around it.

ENJOY!

(I kid you not, on a hot day the cold crispy spear plus the cold creamy cheese along with the ham is just amazing.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join