It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Sheriff On Suspect Shot By Deputy: 'We Are Glad That He Is White'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Political correct madness.

I am sure that this Sheriff just voiced what he was thinking with all the crap going on lately but that is really messed up to say.

Damn pity it has come to this point.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In a press conference Monday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly, who is white, expressed relief -- not only that the incident didn't lead to more serious injuries, but also that Fenwick's skin wasn't darker.

"We are glad that he is white, and we shouldn't have to be worried about that," Mattingly said Monday. "And we do not want any backlash or violence in this community because people have been misinformed.

I think that the public needs to know how the criminal justice system works and... what officers are able to do."

dailycaller.com...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
God bless the Commonwealth!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You would think these sheriffs and police chiefs would learn to keep their mouths shut and personal opinions to themselves by now. Obviously not.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker Crap...someone call Sharpton and cancel his flight.....but the spin on this will be interesting...no matter what this sheriff will be called a racist, and no one will give a rats rear if the guy shot was mistreated, armed, or dies....

edit on 14-5-2015 by teslahowitzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sorry but could not stop, so now the hunting is for whites because at least a death or shot white person doesn't matter and people will not be running to protest, riot and loot.

That is just peachy.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
God bless the Commonwealth!

Too bad he didn't really say "We are so glad he was so and so...." meaning a last name of a feuding family. That still happens in Kentucky, I know, my grandmother was from Bloody Breathitt and I have a whole lot of cousins there.

Remember the story of the census worker in Manchester? That guy mysteriously hung himself.....

And here is who wrote that article

Barrett reported from Washington. Associated Press writers Roger Alford in Frankfort, Ky., Hope Yen in Washington and Dylan T. Lovan in Louisville contributed to this report.

Apparently they don't get out in the country much. There is a reason it is called Bloody Breathitt and that you'll never leave Harlan alive.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

Heck not, no calling for Shartpon, the people in Kentucky have the equivalent, right? is call the KKK.

Sorry just could not stop at the silliness of the comment by the sheriff.

We are truly falling in this country.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
You would think these sheriffs and police chiefs would learn to keep their mouths shut and personal opinions to themselves by now. Obviously not.

In Kentucky, this is not going to be just about about a deputy that was shot.

In Kentucky, personal opinions alone can get you killed.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It is a shame that they don't, well that they don't protest anyway.
While obviously this case is not the one to get up in arms about, there are plenty that have been.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I like the way Deaton referred to Kentucky during that period. He s aid Kentucky was right for feuds because there were 120 little kingdoms in the state.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I like the way Deaton referred to Kentucky during that period. He s aid Kentucky was right for feuds because there were 120 little kingdoms in the state.

I know Deatons. Don't judge me. LOL.

Breathitt Feuds, yes, that is about right. Mine managed to stay out of feuds, but my grandmother used to tell us about when she was young, she said that roaming gangs of men would walk through yards and no one said anything to them, because you just didn't say anything to them.

Someone stole my great-grandfathers mule and his potatoes. You just don't say anything.....

And this is probably what will happen about the deputy...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Most of my families from Western Kentucky Jackson purchase area. One thing I can say is when I family holds a grudge they generally don't let it go. But on the other hand most country people will go out of their way to help a neighbor or a person in need.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Most of my families from Western Kentucky Jackson purchase area. One thing I can say is when I family holds a grudge they generally don't let it go. But on the other hand most country people will go out of their way to help a neighbor or a person in need.

Pffft...Western Kentucky. You all are civilized over there. LOL.

I'm talking about Southeastern Kentucky, I think they breathe too much coal and drink too much sulfur water.

John Prine says it's paradise over there.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Lol

Oh I've been east, I partied in the the hollers many a time.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Someone is seriously goading the US of A into a civil war.......why,answer is ....

It's good for business.... As usual.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Notice how few people even bothered to comment?

No one really cares if a cop shoots a white guy, no one.

As a matter of fact,
the politically correct liberal/progressive/Democrat crowd is angry
that the sheriff even mentioned it at a press conference,
this is supposed to be non-news, totally ignorable news.

Tells us a great deal.

I imagine the sheriff really meant:

Thank God the police shot a white guy,
all hell would have broken loose if the guy were black.
But white, who the f*** cares,
at least our department is off the hook on this one.

The libs will see to it the sheriff's office is punished,
not for killing a white guy, pfft, that is no big deal at all, libs don't care at all about that;
but for the fact he even mentioned he was relieved the guy was white.

You see,
politically incorrect speech is a far greater crime
in the US now than
a cop killing a white guy.
Speech control, and by extension
thought control over the populace is far more important
than the life of some white guy, pfft who cares about him,
when someone said something that might offend someone,
that is the more serious crime in the US today.

edit on 7Thu, 14 May 2015 19:33:01 -0500pm51405pmk144 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

not for killing a white guy, pfft, that is no big deal at all, libs don't care at all about that;
but for the fact he even mentioned he was relieved the guy was white.

What an absolutely horrible thing to say. My my. Are you so consumed with the righteousness of yo political affiliation you have taken leave of your senses. We are all just people. Get a grip.

(why is everything bolded? Do you really think your opinions are that significant?) Or is it just another way of shouting?

edit on 5/14/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

This is part of his speech from the OP link...

"We are glad that he is white, and we shouldn't have to be worried about that," Mattingly said Monday. "And we do not want any backlash or violence in this community because people have been misinformed. I think that the public needs to know how the criminal justice system works and... what officers are able to do."

Notice he says, "we do not want backlash or violence in this community because people have been misinformed". That is now going to start happening all over the country.

Just a few weeks ago I posted about my community holding the annual summer monthly festivals called First Friday, the outgoing mayor gave a speech that night, because it coincided with the Baltimore riots. He actually gave a proclamation to the people there that the city of Marion cannot tolerate racism, the problem was that the very people he intended it for were not even there to listen.

The mayor could not even say anti-Semitism, he stumbled over that.

The point is, we are now in a position in this country that we are walking on egg shells. Why is that so? Because we have to pander to everyone just to prove we are not racist, and yet when police are addressing violent offenders or criminals, they have to be careful that their actions aren't the result of racism.

I think perhaps this Sheriff was addressing the white community, for those in the white community to not become violent. It is really sad now that we have to say white community and black community.

Bardstown

As of the census of 2010,[16] there were 11,700 people, 4,712 households, and 2,949 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,577.9 per square mile (609.2/km2). There were 5,113 housing units at an average density of 689.5 per square mile (266.2/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 82.31% White (80.79% non-Hispanic), 12.39% African American, 0.21% Native American, 0.75% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 1.56% from other races, and 2.78% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 3.71% of the population.

I want you to notice how small the town is, 82% are white, 12% black. In a community that is predominantly white by a very large margin, he was addressing the fact that racial tensions are high in Bardstown.

I think unless one lives in or near a town, they really don't understand what is going on in that town. From the census record alone, it shows that white is overwhelmingly the majority there. And it is close to Louisville and Cincinnati.

He was not politically correct at all, because his message wasn't just for Bardstown. You have to understand the position that law enforcement is in. Just a few years ago there was a case of a girl that was shot by a police officer after she ran into him with her car, that happened not far from Cincinnati. It was on a thread on ATS, but I didn't find the link to that post.

Here are his credentials He has been a Bardstown police officer since 1995. I think the guy knows his community well.

I would imagine this Sheriff didn't say anything without first talking it over with Bardstown Police, including this guy

Major Ray Lewis Assistant Chief of Police
who just happens to be black.

And this is what really happened

After Wright turned around to pull the truck over, a short pursuit began. McCubbin said the pursuit lasted about two miles before the truck, which was being driven by John Kennedy Fenwick, 25, of Bardstown, stopped on Parkway Drive. As Wright began to get out of his police cruiser, Fenwick put the pickup in reverse, rammed the cruiser at a high rate of speed and kept pushing the cruiser back. Wright, who was trapped partially in the vehicle, fired his weapon at the pickup several times before Fenwick sped off. The police cruiser was disabled by the impact. A short time later, Fenwick encountered Sgt. Jason Allison of the Nelson County Sheriff's Office. McCubbin said Fenwick intentionally stuck the Allison's car causing it to immediately burst into flames. Allison, a 10 year veteran of the department, was able to get out of the burning car as Fenwick sped off. Fenwick next was spotted by Deputy Brian Voils, who was able to get the truck stopped. McCubbin said a struggle began as Voils attempted to get Fenwick out of the truck at gunpoint. McCubbin said Fenwick attempted to get Voils' gun during the struggle. Voils fired, wounding Fenwick.

He's glad the guy was white, but moreso, he's glad that his police department isn't going to have to face a violent backlash, because the message was to Louisville and Cincinnati, don't make this something it wasn't.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well, unlike say.... A city police chief, a sheriff is an elected official. If they choose to make comments like this which in my opinion are horrendous, the community in which they serve can choose to simply not re-elect them.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Truth is treason in the empire of lies my friends.

Just like the principal that spoke to the truth of "all the black people leaving" this man will find himself unemployed in very short order.

Very sad state of affairs in the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join