It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: A private school education leads to "an anti-government ideology."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What those panelists miss is that society as a whole was far more moral too.

These days, we do not have a moral society, and you cannot legislate morality. Isn't that what everyone says? It's a mistake to try. So this is the secular world and society you all said you wanted and the more secular it gets, the more you should expect this.

Why should anyone in a secular society care about anyone but themselves and further why would you expect a government run by the same kinds of secular people to care about you and enact policies of the same? We all know what kind of contempt Obama holds for those of us who do believe in a moral and non-secular way of life "clinging to our guns and religion" I believe he said.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What those panelists miss is that society as a whole was far more moral too.

These days, we do not have a moral society, and you cannot legislate morality. Isn't that what everyone says? It's a mistake to try. So this is the secular world and society you all said you wanted and the more secular it gets, the more you should expect this.

Why should anyone in a secular society care about anyone but themselves and further why would you expect a government run by the same kinds of secular people to care about you and enact policies of the same? We all know what kind of contempt Obama holds for those of us who do believe in a moral and non-secular way of life "clinging to our guns and religion" I believe he said.

First of all, I am not familiar with what you call moral, so I have no basis with which to answer that. It is not morality, to begin with. Reinvesiting in one's community would only bring money back to your business. Good for your children, but also lucrative.
As in "Bob Smith bought the baseball uniforms, we shall all have hot dogs at Bob Smiths hot dog stand. Bob Smith makes more money and he might put a new baseball diamond in. People like Bob smith more and they frequent his now 2 hot dog stands. Now, Bob Smith buys 20 used violins for the music program at the school. More people go to the hot dog stand. John Brown, who owns an insurance business, sees how John Smith is doing and he decides to pay to fix the roof over the gym at the school. John Brown gets more insurance business and he comes across Amy Black who says she is taking classes to get her insurance license. John tells Amy that if she does filing in his office while she studies, he will give her a job when she has that license. Amy is thrilled, as her mother is a widower who takes in sewing. Amy thinks she can help her mother and maybe marry well now. And on and on and on......
edit on 14-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just more class envy/ class warfare propaganda, nothing else to read into, here.

Quite frankly, I'm fed up with all of these frauds, and the moronic masses who worship them. I work with one of these buffoons, who actually believes that since he votes Democrat (and only Democrat), he is automatically immune to the label of 'Racist'. I'm not kidding, he truly believes this. Beyond him, there's the majority of the rest of those employed there, who are absolutely clueless to what's going on in this country (and the world) unless it's spewed out from between the lips of John Stewart, Jimmy Fallon, or any celebrity on Twitter.

What we have here is a new breed of human that is resistant (if not completely immune) to Common Sense, and they're multiplying at what should be considered an alarming rate.

But you know, Nero plays his fiddle while the rest of us sit and listen.
edit on 5/14/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo (its/it's)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I have to tell you that obamacare or Obama crap will end up creating a bigger deficit than the one we got as the years go by, economically we are a nation that live in deficits and expanding existing ones Obamacare will end up becoming a burden and a failure, as it never really was made to help the very poor and most needy, just to target those that are in the working class.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hate Obama?

Ummm, no. Have issues with the policies he espouses? Most assuredly.

One can dislike policies without disliking the one espousing them, much less hating him.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I SEE no one watched this panel discussion.

Did YOU watch it?

Because it's apparent to me that, from the incessant chopping and editing the WH did, that they could have made it sound like he was saying whatever they wanted him to sound like he was saying, regardless of whether he actually said it or not.

Which leads me to conclude that everything that is presented to us as "Obama's words" in this discussion is exactly what we are meant to hear. Nothing is out of context except maybe the natural progression of the context itself. It's actually quite difficult to watch.

If they went that far out of their way to ensure that everyone understood exactly what they were talking about, and then still screwed it up...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: infolurker

That Jackasses kids go to a private school.

He really is a massive turd.

every president has to have his kids in a secured and easily-guarded setting while attending school......apparently all the other presidents are massive turds too, because their kids have also went to private schools.

Not true, carters kids went to public school.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: macman

That Jackasses kids go to a private school.

He really is a massive turd.

every president has to have his kids in a secured and easily-guarded setting while attending school......apparently all the other presidents are massive turds too, because their kids have also went to private schools.

Not true, carters kids went to public school.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hmm well I think what he was getting at was that the wealthier people are the more likely they are to join private institutions. Which in turn causes them to be "detached" from the real world (or poor folk).

I find this ironic because he went to private schools, his kids do, and lord knows he's part of many private clubs and organizations. Yes the rich are out of touch with the real world and I don't think he really cares. The government just doesn't want anyone to question them.

Mr. Obama a private education didn't make me anti government, a public one did.
edit on 15-5-2015 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But the thing is all those people in power now, including Obama, were supposedly involved in the community in the past, yet now they are completely disconnected from it. Remember that from day one Obama and Michelle said he would be requiring things of the American people in ways that wasn't done in the past. Or something like that.

A lot of the people in Obama's administration, and some others were hippies, anti-war, etc, etc, and now they are the opposite. Plus they want to implement total government control over every aspect of people's lives. Even the Vatican is in on it. Pope Francis is supposed to talk on the UN summit about the 'sustainable new world' to 'fight climate change' blah, blah, blah. Of course since it is 'for the "good of all" they can implement completely draconian laws that are actually meant to enslave people more. But you know, they know better than us how to lead our private lives and all...

edit on 15-5-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Its a bit like comparing the quality of business class and economy class travel. People who send their kids to private schools do so because they can afford it.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have to say something that will most assuredly piss people off and that is not my intention at all. Discipline is out the window in most public high schools. Even back in the 80's and from my daughter in high school in the 2000's the black kids often harassed any other black kid that wanted to study and do work saying, "You just want to be like whitey". I can't even count how many times I heard that. Granted I live in the South and maybe it is different in other parts of the country. But the people that seem most affected by poor education and the justice system seem to be sabotaging themselves. I don't understand where this mentality comes from?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Obama: A private school education leads to "an anti-government ideology .......... so that is why we are going to place a private schooll education way out of reach of the masses and restrict it to the rich just like things were in 1800s
edit on 15-5-2015 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2015 by Azureblue because: x

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I can say from my family's experience, he's not correct at all.

My nephew went to Christian school all his life, until my sister moved to Florida, and he had to go to Public School for the first time.

He had NO CLUE how to fit in, or how to relate to the other kids. He threw a fit, and my sister had to get a second job and put him back in Christian School. He was in 8th grade at the time.

He didn't become "anti-government" as a matter of fact, he is a bleeding heart Liberal! And we argue about government all the time.

Obama is the worst at generalizations. He is exactly what he accuses others of being.
edit on 15-5-2015 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yes........it is all the fault of those evil republicans that 0bama is a failure.

It can't have anything to do with his actions being horrific, his stances all wrong, his ideals corrupted or anything else.

All the evil GOP.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
I have to say something that will most assuredly piss people off and that is not my intention at all. Discipline is out the window in most public high schools. Even back in the 80's and from my daughter in high school in the 2000's the black kids often harassed any other black kid that wanted to study and do work saying, "You just want to be like whitey". I can't even count how many times I heard that. Granted I live in the South and maybe it is different in other parts of the country. But the people that seem most affected by poor education and the justice system seem to be sabotaging themselves. I don't understand where this mentality comes from?

OHHH NOOO someones speaking the truth.

Best just shut that mouth you racist. The thought police will be a long shortly if you don't.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Like private school kids don't end up being introduced to the larger community and taking part in those things , because the private schools effectively shelter them from it?

And they then grow up to join all these fancy private groups and never really get a good understanding of how the common people live or think for that matter.

You mean exactly the way his kids are going to grow up? Sheltered and severely disconnected from the "little people"? Never able to see the problems the average person has and spouting useless ideas on how to fix them?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Well, they finally realized the "Blame Bush" excuse wasn't flying anymore,, so they had to come up with something.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to: tothetenthpower I went to private school. I was sheltered from the have nots and did join two very exclusive clubs. I was a Scout in the Army for 12 years and now I'm in the "Trucker Club" hauling steel all over the countryside.lol! Obama is the enemy, he is destroying the very fabric of our great country.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Not defending Obama here, just playing devil's advocate.

Do you think he meant, Community Involvement?

Like private school kids don't end up being introduced to the larger community and taking part in those things , because the private schools effectively shelter them from it?

And they then grow up to join all these fancy private groups and never really get a good understanding of how the common people live or think for that matter.

I can see that as being partially true. He just worded very, very stupidly.

~Tenth

Can't be said better. We now have a capitalist caste system where the economic classes are completely separated from childhood onward. It's pretty hard to develop empathy or understanding for those you only see on tv or through tinted SUV windows.

I hate it when Obama tells the truth, people tend to start giving credibility to all the other lies he tells.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join