It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "UK Madness Forum"??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Well that's it. They're going to want the world now. We're doomed. We're all going to have to start drinking tea with our pinky extended and being polite.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So, me and nonspecific got chatting last week in the run up to the UK election and we noticed something.

See this post in the thread about the new hardware.

Aww, I think we were all looking forward to battling for our right to a little corner of our own and you are just going to give us one anyway?

Serioulsly though I am glad it's in the pipline.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I am not a tea drinker as I come from a coffee producing country, but I can give it a try, if the tea have milk in it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Was just literally about to quote you in this thread!

Much appreciated Bill!

Can I ask if these new forums will be categorised as "on-topic"

Can i also suggest, that the forum run as a all inclusive UK forum rather than "UK politics". My reasoning behind this being that there is much more that i think many of us would want to discuss other than just politics, like i said conspiracies around the royal family, terrorism, assassinations, our own government and so on.

Just a suggestion.

but once again think you very much for this I am sure all international members will welcome the creation of these forums.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Was just literally about to quote you in this thread!

Much appreciated Bill!

Can I ask if these new forums will be categorised as "on-topic"

Can i also suggest, that the forum run as a all inclusive UK forum rather than "UK politics". My reasoning behind this being that there is much more that i think many of us would want to discuss other than just politics, like i said conspiracies around the royal family, terrorism, assassinations, our own government and so on.

Just a suggestion.

but once again think you very much for this I am sure all international members will welcome the creation of these forums.

I would agree with that idea.

As you say there's a lot more that is UK specific than just politics, it would be nice to mention football and not call it soccer or have to convert pounds into dollars so as not to confuse other members for a start.

I imagine it would be politically orientated though given the looks of the next few years at least.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It probably will be mostly politics but I just wouldn't want a thread on the assassination of Diana for example to get moved to "general conspiracies" because it is not about UK politics.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It probably will be mostly politics but I just wouldn't want a thread on the assassination of Diana for example to get moved to "general conspiracies" because it is not about UK politics.

Agreed, it's the same for things like the possibility of Gm crops in the UK and many others.

I think it could be good for new members too, I have reccomended the site to loads of people who I know would make great members but they get put off by the CT appearance of the main page.

I know if I sent a link to a forum full of UK specific issue's they would be involved in a heartbeat.

EDIT> I just noticed you edited the op to get my username right, It made me laugh when I first read it!
edit on 14/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Of course it has milk in it! What do you think we are, barbarians?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: marg6043

Of course it has milk in it! What do you think we are, barbarians?

Don't forget it should also have 2 sugars and served in a bone china mug.
edit on 14/5/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sugar!!!

You savage!!!

The water should be hot but not boiling, the milk should be added first so as not to burn it, and my dear fellow there most definitely should never be any sugar as that just ruins a cup of ones favourite earl grey.

Goes with out saying it should always be enjoyed in the finest of fine china and served with some scrumptious shortbread drank next to the peat fire after a days fox-hunting round the estate as a welsh person humilities themselves for ones one amusement.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And here I thought all you did in the UK was sit around bragging about your corgis and arguing over what is the best way to drink tea.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What????

Milk goes in after you have steeped the tea, not before! Heathen!

And Earl Grey? Ewww.... Give me PG Tips, Yorkshire Tea or Twinings English breakfast tea any day of the week, but not that god awful fruity nonsense.

As for sugar, it's a must - 2 please in a standard cup, but more if you have a bigger cup.

There is a schism developing here I think.... Forget rioting over the Government, we're talking tea here!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think this proves my last post correct rather nicely.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You are right, we take this sort of thing seriously, Zaph....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

What????

Milk goes in after you have steeped the tea, not before! Heathen!

And Earl Grey? Ewww.... Give me PG Tips, Yorkshire Tea or Twinings English breakfast tea any day of the week, but not that god awful fruity nonsense.

As for sugar, it's a must - 2 please in a standard cup, but more if you have a bigger cup.

There is a schism developing here I think.... Forget rioting over the Government, we're talking tea here!

I forsee a thread here, forget policics lests get the real socially devisive issue on the boards here.

I can't stand tea myself and I'm english before the accusations start flying.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Gentlemen - please.

The water should be boiling and poured onto tea leaves in a china tea pot. Allowed to steep for 5 minutes - no more, no less. The tea is then poured into the cup, sugar and milk are then added as required.

Rich Tea biscuits are an optional extra - a rather nice addition if one is feeling peckish.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shelbee
Gentlemen - please.

The water should be boiling and poured onto tea leaves in a china tea pot. Allowed to steep for 5 minutes - no more, no less. The tea is then poured into the cup, sugar and milk are then added as required.

Rich Tea biscuits are an optional extra - a rather nice addition if one is feeling peckish.

Do not discount the option of lemon, remember we are are nation divided and a democracy.

The way this thread quickly went is the best reason that we have our own little corner of ATS to sit in.

Maybe with some crayons and paper and no sharp objects.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I see how to stop the whole world domination thing. Start an argument about tea and it will be stopped cold in its tracks.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shelbee

You have my vote....

Come to think of it, if there was a "Tea Party" in the UK, like they have in the US, it would probably do quite well until their first Annual Conference and it would then descend into anarchy over the correct method to make refreshments...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It was an actual Government policy in the War (World War 2 for anyone confused) that come all else, the supply of Tea must be preserved and it was. Considerable effirt was put into ensuring that the nation still had it's favourite beverage while supplies of actual food, clothing and other essentials were dwindling..

Maybe thats why we lost our Empire, to concerned over the supply of tea....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join