It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So , I saw a UFO last week

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It was last Monday or Tuesday between 10 and 11 , I went outside to bring my bike in and as it was a clear night Star gaze a bit when I noticed an unusually bright and low light off to my right , I thought perhaps it was the ISS so stood and watched to see it approach but it remained where it was , my next thought was maybe a Star or Planet but as I thought that it started to move horizontally and in what I perceived to be a jerky stop start motion , I thought that was odd.

I decided to get my phone from indoors and perhaps film it doing something special ... like zooming off into the atmosphere or over my head .... unfortunately it didn't.
What it did was move back left again and stayed relatively stationary , I watched it for about 5 minutes more before the chill got the better of my curiosity and I went back indoors , I popped back out after about ten minutes and the light was gone.

I wasn't going to bother posting this because when I watched the footage back the object seems to me to have aviation lights which means it's most likely the local police helicopter although I couldn't hear it.

The point of this post is ... 1 , To show that even I can get excited about a light in the sky.
2 . Perceived odd movements of a lit object against a dark background can be an optical illusion.
3 . I saw a UFO.

So here it is , an ATS exclusive.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Where was this?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
Where was this?

The closest I can give you is Shropshire England ... the rest is classified.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

sorry but all i can see is a white dot in the middle of a black screen moving about what i mean is there is no refrence point so really all we have is your word thats what a lot are going to think. Really cool though .

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Where are all of the stars in the night sky? or any other source or evidence that this was outdoors and not in a "studio"?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

any other source or evidence that this was outdoors and not in a "studio"?

Absolutely none other than I don't have a studio.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Where was this?

Not much can be gleaned from the video, but that area does seem to be a hotbed of reports of such lights in the sky. Haven't found a corroborating report in that time frame yet.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Stone the crows................... Gortex sees a UFO
Funniest thing I've heard all day!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Looking at the evidence it looks like farmers lighting bonfires flying around on sky tractors seeding the sky with swamp gas.

Case Closed........................

I am being totally immesed in the debunker attitude and haven't got time to asess the footage at this moment as at work but will a little later, great news anyway, Gortex sees a UFO

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Where was this?

This is interesting because last week i saw something strange in the sky over London...
It was the middle of the day and it was a relatively nice day, i was out in the garden with a friend when i saw something black moving around in the corner of my eye.
I pointed it out to my friend and she could see it too clear as day.
The weirdest thing about it was the fact it moved in a clear direction across the sky but at the same time it was or seemed to be tilting from side to side, it almost looked fluid in its movement. I cant explain its shape because of the way it moved it made it hard to get an idea of its outline. There was no noise/light or trail behind it. i dismissed it myself but my friend saw the exact same thing so theres no denying it was there.
I assumed it was something explainable (although i dont have an explanation). But since then i've had it in the back of my mind, it disappeared into the clouds within a few minutes and i didnt want to miss it so had no time to get a camera from inside to record it
your post provoked me to share my experience and i welcome any explanation rational or otherwise as i am curious to know what i saw.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I watched it for about 5 minutes more before the chill got the better of my curiosity and I went back indoors , I popped back out after about ten minutes and the light was gone.

So basically what you are saying is that you got scared that you were going to be abducted so you ran inside and threw on your tinfoil hat?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Clearly CGI. Next.

On a serious note, how surprised was I to see you authored this thread! Keep up the good work!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Which way were you facing in relation to the object...you know NSEW from your location.. correct..?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: thomadom

Mate, i think ive seen the same thing as you? I have just brought a new place in Walsall (only a few miles from shropshire), was out in the garden with wife and saw a dark object moving in a very deliberate but steady motion. To me it didnt seem to be tilting but slowly rotating. This was followed by a second object, absolutley identical and same course.

Now.. get this... I took pics, and got a vid in daylight however my wife deleted them off her phone the following day without even checking with me... All because she wanted to install a frikkin game... Dont get me wrong, im calm now but was frikkin livid at the time she told me she had deleted them!

I do know she sent one of the pics to her friend after taking it so ive just emailed her and asked her to message her friend to she if she still has a copy.

Just a heads up, i looked at the pics straight after taking and they wasnt amazing as it was on her mobile but, its something i guess.

If anyone knows any free software for recovering deleted stuff off mobiles please let me know and i will give it a go too.

edit on 14/5/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Brilliant... absolutely brilliant!

You even did the old: "I got cold/bored so went inside then it was gone".

This is like a weird parallel universe.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The point of this post is ...
1 , To show that even I can get excited about a light in the sky.
2 . Perceived odd movements of a lit object against a dark background can be an optical illusion.
3 . I saw a UFO.

Can't exactly picture you jumping for joy here.
I take it you're going with optical illusion. Amiright?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

...my next thought was maybe a Star or Planet but as I thought that it started to move horizontally and in what I perceived to be a jerky stop start motion , I thought that was odd...

Is it possible that the perceived motion was a case of the "Autokinetic Effect", or did you attempt at the time to go through procedures to verify that it wasn't?

What I usually try to do in order to "stave off" the auntokinetic effect is to blink, momentarily avert my gaze elsewhere, and (most importantly) try to find a point of reference that is close to my eyes that I could compare the object against -- say the edge of wall or a roof eave. The reference object can't be too far from your eyes, or else the reference object, too, can appear to wobble with the autokinetic effect.

edit on 5/14/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

...my next thought was maybe a Star or Planet but as I thought that it started to move horizontally and in what I perceived to be a jerky stop start motion , I thought that was odd...

Is it possible that the perceived motion was a case of the "Autokinetic Effect", or did you attempt at the time to go through procedures to verify that it wasn't?

What I usually try to do in order to "stave off" the auntokinetic effect is to blink, momentarily avert my gaze elsewhere, and (most importantly) try to find a point of reference that is close to my eyes that I could compare the object against -- say the edge of wall or a roof eave. The reference object can't be too far from your eyes, or else the reference object, too, can appear to wobble with the autokinetic effect.

He didn't seem to have any trouble keeping it centered in frame, so I doubt it was truly jerking around.... no euphemism intended.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If that isn't cgi it's pretty cool. It doesn't look like any helicopter I've ever seen at night....Thanks..a reply to: gortex

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

I take it you're going with optical illusion. Amiright?

After watching the footage on my computer I think it likely it was a police helicopter.

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I think that was what it was.

a reply to: draknoir2

He didn't seem to have any trouble keeping it centered in frame, so I doubt it was truly jerking around

I was conscious of keeping the camera steady as I know that is a bugbear , it didn't move much and the jerky appearance was more to do with Autokinetic Effect rather than the object .. or helicopter as I think it likely was.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join