It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonizing of Iran by the West (U.S.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You might work on your reading comprehension as well as your history.

I said "you or your Iranian apologists".

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I knew you'd jump into this...

First, If it's proven there are no U.S. Citizens on board, your gonna have to provide a link, from a U.S. gov't source, not anyone else to back that up.

Second, If the ship held material that is banned by the embargo, then That's Iran's loss, not the carrier's. If there is a valid dispute it should be handled in court.

Third, keeping the crew, no matter what their nationality, is proof enough for me that their claim is bogus. One doesn't keep a crew hostage in a civil matter.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I am trying to learn more about this history, which is why I opened up the discussion to my ATS friends here (and try to conduct my own research, although finding informative resources that aren't too dry can be difficult).

Thank you for clarifying that, no need to be condescending though.
edit on 14-5-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If you are not a vassal state of the US or so insignificant to breaks away from one of their larger ones then you don't really matter .Seems the US is ok with the Saudis going at little poor Yemen because Iran having any normal relations with anyone is a threat .It may be the tail wagging the dog when it comes to most of the US involvement in the ME but it is probably the west's loosing out to the BRICS . There are more and more smaller nations that have had their fill with the IMF/USD system and just want out . Either not having the will or the ability to take out the big guy's they have worked on destabilizing or putting their puppets in charge to to the west's line .

Iran is not a small actor in this play and to my mind have tried to work it out with reason or respect . Just look at the countries they have intervened in over the past .Some were fortunate enough to regain their peoples interest as a nation but are suffering the west's economic war . For over 50 years Cuba has .Look at liberated Libya .Look at the cost the Syrians are paying because the west said Assaud must go . Most of these countries want a good relationship but the US is not about good . Their way or the highway , by hook or by crook . Gladio/ economic hit men / ISIS / al-Qaeda . It's getting to the point that any violence showing up on the news you can make a safe bet there is a CIA agent involved some how .

Knowing the type of leadership Iran has used to make me a bit concerned .I dont get that feeling anymore and understand that without them ,Iran would end up being just another puppet state for the US to use .If Saddam or Gaddafi were still alive and running their countries ,I don't think we would be seeing what we have been .I think they would be signing on to the BRICS as well . I think Saddam would have realized that being a US puppet is not worth it and probably changed the relationship he had with Iran ,or the people themselves would have got rid of him in time .

I see Kerry as well as Nuland had some meetings in Russia with Vlad :>) I heard she wasn't smiling when she left :>) oh well FU Nuland too .Obama may have to give Porkeyshenco a call and tell him the deal is off .He may have said the same to SA and Israel as well . If they want to do it then they will have to do it alone but Putin may have sent a message to them if they think about going at Iran .It was good to see China as well as India have some of their military marching in the Russian victory celebrations . Wow 3 rather large countries with Nukes . what could go wrong ?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Fair enough.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yeah right. Hamas way out west in Palestine, Hezbollah, IED's supplied to Iranian insurgents seizing a ship and crew, that's real 'reason or respect'.

Visit with some Iranian ex-pats if you get an opportunity, it's very enlightening.....

edit on 14-5-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Visit with some Iranian ex-pats if you get an opportunity, it's very enlightening.....
Chances are that they would have been dum enough to have been part of the US color revolution in Libya or Ukraine given the chance . The only X Iranian I know of is in Canada up on Sexual assault charges . As for Hamas well if the US can train those Nazi scum in Ukraine as well as Iran trained Hamas then Russia might have something to fear .Some times it's a good thing to have respect for your enemy .Saves money time and lives to not be foolish .

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just came across this piece .I wonder if there are any Xpat's from Iran who are doing this kind of work ?

May 13, 2015 "Information Clearing House" - "WW" - May 12 — I am a radical journalist and political analyst as well as an anti-war activist working with the International Action Center, Fight Imperialism, Stand Together (FIST) and the United National Antiwar Coalition.

I am 27 and grew up in Ohio. I currently live in Brooklyn, N.Y., with my loving spouse Meches. However, as you read this message, I am thousands of miles away from home on a ship in the Persian Gulf.

Why am I at sea on the other side of the world? I am part of a humanitarian mission carried out by the Red Crescent Society of the Islamic Republic of Iran. We are attempting to bring medical supplies, flour and water to the people of Yemen.

A criminal U.S.-Saudi war of aggression

In response to a massive uprising demanding democracy and self-determination in Yemen, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has unleashed an intensive bombing campaign. Over 1,000 innocent civilians are already dead. Schools, hospitals, power plants and mosques are being targeted.

As someone from the United States, nothing disturbs me more than the fact that the cruise missiles and other weapons used to terrorize and kill innocent Yemenis are provided by my own government. Our government constantly utilizes propaganda about “human rights” when attempting to isolate and demonize certain countries, but for more than half a century it has been coddling the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, one of the most blatant human rights’ violators on the planet.

The Saudi regime not only beheads, tortures and exploits people within its own borders, but it represses people throughout the region
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
And now on the news....the peaceloving and sweet Iran has fired on ANOTHER cargo ship, breaking, but true, yeah, they were probably escaping a debt. they were in international waters...the Iranian ships tried to force them into their territorial waters...but they are perfect and mean no harm....BS, BS, BS...keep up the rhetoric...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I am not well-read or knowledgeable about what's been going on in Yemen (or 95% of other countries in the middle east),

But this definitely opens my eyes more. We arm "rebels" with deadly weapons and innocents are massacred, but no one is held accountable. When political enemies do it it's portrayed as savagery, and the media likes to describe in graphic detail (often exaggerating, or outright lying about what's happening) to show how barbaric the violent acts are.

But when we are supplying the arms, it's all covered up, classified, and "not fit for public knowledge"

Realllly gets my blood boiling...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1 Pictures...or you are spewing agenda driven BS from your couch with a bag of Cheetos...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

I don't eat cheatoes and if you want pictures then watch the 5 oclock news and spin the rhetoric 180% to be at least close to the truth of the matter .

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sorry, the U.S. no longer cares about ME oil. This isn't the twentieth century.

(the Euros are still addicted to ME oil, largely the Saudis. Perhaps that's why the U.S. is being the back-up/secondary contributor in the attacks against isis)

No opportunity for nukes is the key issue with Iran. Otherwise, kiss the non-proliferation agreement good-bye and the rest of the ME 'nukes up' either in response to Iran's or to beat them to the punch.

That's my concern. As far as the rest of the players there? Screw em....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1 I do not trust the media....nor you.....still bet you are on your couch...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Another article I found to be relevant to the discussion:

US: "Good Guys", Iran: "Bad Guys"

Obviously the authors of this article are not siding with the mainstream idea of U.S. = good, Iran = bad, but some of the info presented in article seemed appropriate to share for this discussion:

The US, always closely involved, was good enough to produce special instructional film for the king’s secret police on such topics as “how to torture women”.

SERIOUSLY?

While working towards developing nuclear energy with US support, the Iranian puppet-king imprisoned, beat, tortured and/or murdered countless journalists, authors, educators, students, union organizers, and others. A trademark move of the king was amputating a person’s limbs and sending the torso to the family

In 1988, US pirates, thousands of miles from “their” own turf, shot down an Iranian civilian airliner in commercial airspace, killing almost 300 people. A nearby US commander who witnessed the shoot-down wrote an article saying he couldn’t believe what he was seeing – an unprovoked US attack on an obviously civilian plane. But when the pirates returned home, they, including the one who demanded the crime, were given a hero’s welcome and awarded medals, and VP Bush Sr. said specifically of the attack, exhibiting signature class, “I’ll never apologize for America, ever. I don’t care what the facts are…”

The Bushes... birds of a feather... ultimate scum

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore anyone can build a website, and run the agenda engine like this, sure, it looks legit...LMAO.....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

You would loose the bet and as far as not trusting goes we can agree that trust is something you need to earn.It's a really nice day where I am and can link you to the satellite pics to prove it .

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

edit on 14-5-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1 send them to ATS, and they have to be specific known landmarks for real proof... not trying to be mean...just fed way, way too much BS, mostly from Americans, brainwashed beyond repair, and there are many.....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

when was the last time Iran made an irrational decision ?

By allowing Khamenei to be "the decider"?

95 Billion in Asssets. Where did all that money come from?

The organization's total worth is difficult to pinpoint because of the secrecy of its accounts. But Setad's holdings of real estate, corporate stakes and other assets total about $95 billion, Reuters has calculated. That estimate is based on an analysis of statements by Setad officials, data from the Tehran Stock Exchange and company websites, and information from the U.S. Treasury Department.

Just one person controls that economic empire – Khamenei. As Iran's top cleric, he has the final say on all governmental matters. His purview includes his nation's controversial nuclear program, which was the subject of intense negotiations between Iranian and international diplomats in Geneva that ended Sunday without an agreement. It is Khamenei who will set Iran's course in the nuclear talks and other recent efforts by the new president, Hassan Rouhani, to improve relations with Washington.

www.reuters.com.../part1
edit on 5/14/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join