It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush backs Rumsfeld, sees lack of Iran leverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Now its time for Israel to come clean and admit the same thing.

President Bush yesterday defended Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld against congressional critics and conceded the United States cannot force Iran to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

washingtontimes.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I never thought of that angle. We already have sanctions against Iran and all we can do is threat with war and beg the U.N. to impose sanctions. This could really screw us over. What administration first imposed sanctions on Iran?? I really don't know the history of the whole thing too well.

Sep

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think it was Carter after the hostage situation. In the late 90s Iran and the US were getting closer and it looked like the US was going to take away the sanctions but then 9/11 happened and even though Iran had a protest against the attacks after the Bush's axis of evil speech we went back to step one

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by k20adc5r
I never thought of that angle. We already have sanctions against Iran and all we can do is threat with war and beg the U.N. to impose sanctions. This could really screw us over. What administration first imposed sanctions on Iran?? I really don't know the history of the whole thing too well.

In 1979 the United States imposed sanctions against Iran in response to militant students who seized the US embassy, marking the beginning of the Iranian hostage crisis.

Since then, Washington has imposed various additional sanctions against Tehran, accusing the Iranian government of developing nuclear weapons and sponsoring and funding terrorism abroad.

The sanctions block US-based oil companies from operating in Iran, giving the US a strong incentive to generalize the sanctions and block US firms' foreign competitors from operating there as well.

Now as for Rumsfeld, is no way that our military will have a successful campaign in Iran while Iraq is still a mess.

Plus not matter all the sugar coating Rumsfeld is damaged goods.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So, shall we therefore see israeli airstrikes, or will they accept irans nuclear program ?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Israel would never attack now, because Russia generously supplied Iran with a large quantity of Sunburn lovin'. I love reading all these posts about Iran's "Search for the Bomb." They've had the bomb! -- Ever since Russia shrink wrapped "The Bomb"(s) and delivered them by truck to airfields and mobile assetts across Iran.

Will Israel attack Iran? I dunno, would Israel attack the Kremlin? The answer, unless they're even crazier than they sometimes appear, is most definitely NO.

top topics

join