It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush Confronted by College Student: 'Your Brother Created ISIS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Daedal

It' always Bushs' fault!

If it's not Bush, it's the Koch brothers.

GO TEAM!!!

Well, Jeb's grandfather did finance Hitler.

You forgot to mention he sold $20,000,000 in aviation fuel to the Luftwaffe in 1938 through standard oil..

edit on AM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah, he has an extremely simplistic view of what is.

But an extremely simplistic and naive point of view seems to be endemic to the majority of people in first world nations. Trying to explain simple logic to them, is a futile imo.

They have had there minds penetrated by TPTB. The people that are still able to resist the mind control & recognize basic logic, are powerless to explain it to the brainwashed masses.

That statement will have me laughing for some time to come. Unfortunately you do not know me or you would have a 180 deg turn around on those statements. Thanks for the joy that brought.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: buster2010

Finally, someone understands why we invaded Iraq. It was all about the money.

Can I ask , what money and to whom ?

costsofwar.org...

Who do you think payed for the war and who profited? No conspiracy? I can't believe that you are so naive.
I think Cheney and Halliburton made out like bandits in the last two wars. And so did other contractors.
www.ft.com...

Perhaps it's just the CT in me but I detect a GOP guy trying to rewrite history and run interference for the likes of Rubio and Bush.

However, it won't matter because Bush has been selected and those that profit in lives and blood are doing a happy dance.
edit on 14-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

a reply to: soulwaxer
No , I do not mind at all.Saddam Hussein and his cronies were evil. Murder , rape , the attempted genocide of the Kurds in the north of Iran . Need I go on ?

In WW2, Hitler was raging all over Europe and elsewhere, murdering by the millions, but the US didn't enter the war until they were attacked at Pearl Harbour
soulwaxer

That was due to the years of isolationism between WW1 and WW2. After WW1 this country did not want to get involved due to they were still "reeling" from WWI. We had acquired a distaste for war.
My simplicity aside , it is history and not supposition nor theory.
And , believe it or not , everything is not a conspiracy set up by oil barons , bankers , the government, etc. Some things actually happen for the reason given .

And why do you think we had acquired a distaste for war after WW1? Do you think maybe it could be because war is distasteful. Yet now you are defending the US pre-emptive attack on Iraq, with cluster bombs and fun little toys like that.

Please explain. Thanks.

Also, where did I say that everything is a conspiracy? Of course some things happen for the reason given. Others do not. It’s not rocket science.

soulwaxer

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No worries mate.

I suppose even the brainwashed masses need a laugh every once in a while. I'm glad I could facilitate that for you.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer
Yes , war is very distasteful . Yes , the distaste for war and the stall by the US was due to the loss of life , financial strain, and the destruction war brings.Yet when needed it is a necessary evil.No , the US does not go and jump into war lightly.We ARE NOT a war mongering nation as some believe. We can also fall into deception by countries and organizations as well.But the whole thread is about Bush's creation of ISIS . If not for the lack of will in the Middle East by the people of the US screaming about unjust wars , would the US and allies have finished the job ? And now with ISIS spreading all kind of atrocities out there , the US has returned to the same policy as before WW2. Indifference.Will it take another Pearl Harbor style attack? With weaponry that is much further advanced than the Axis powers had in WW2?

edit on 14-5-2015 by Gothmog because: correct spelling

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

It' always Bushs' fault!

If it's not Bush, it's the Koch brothers.

GO TEAM!!!

Well, Jeb's grandfather did finance Hitler, his father while in office with Reagan brought in trickle down economics (Chicago school economics) that have led to our massive loss of industrial capacity and resulting trade deficit. GHWB also played a big part in instating the REX84 continuity of government scheme.

His brother Dubya blew a couple of trillion on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and a couple more to bailout Wall street with TARP. Not to mention the destruction of our rights via the PATRIOT ACT and a few other choice laws.

I cant think of another family that has done as much damage to America as the Bush clan.

Done more damage and profitered off it.

In many countrys what they did is treason.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Its always a Bush's fault . Even after more than 6 years into another President's terms. No Virginia , it isnt Bush's fault . All this was a lack of resolution and steadfastness on the people's part. If the people of the US had gotten behind President Bush and stayed there , perhaps the "illegal war" would have been over with a positive resolution and we (nay the world) would not be faced with the evil that has come from it.It is time to grow up and realize war is a necessary evil at times , but has to be fought to completion. You cant go to war and then say war is evil we need to stop. See what happens ? It emboldens an enemy and others want to join in. Now it is worse than going ahead and defeating the enemy no matter what the cost. Now look how many people (on both sides) died including innocents that could have been prevented.
Of course you grew up in a perfect world where nothing bad ever happened . You probably had very well off parents who isolated you from LIFE . You are young , Padawan , but perhaps you will learn there is a dark side in the world. An ugly side that sometimes has to be defeated for good people of the world to go on with their lives. Ahhh to be young and ignorant again . (the word ignorant is used in this case as the standard definition and not the street slang version)

But you should never have #eing been in Iraq ib the first place!

Dont dare blame the public for not supporting a war that never should have been signed off on in the first place!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

She didn't ask a question. She made a well rehearsed political statement. It was a GOOD STATEMENT but it wasn't a question. So Jeb Bush appropriately asked 'is there a question'. Her statement back - ""You don't need to be pedantic to me, sir." didn't fit the situation and was obviously rehearsed. No matter what he said, she was going to say that to him. To me it just came across rehearsed and obnoxious. Kinda code pink. If she could have made her political statement into a question, it would have gone better. Also - her statement was about a POTUS from 15 years ago and not about current events. So it seemed like it was just the typical 'blame Bush' rhetoric. If she had worded it differently and asked a question more relative to today, it could have been a 'gotchya' moment'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I'd say the Clinton's rank up there with them.....they should inter marry and just make a new royal line out of it.....

Governor of Arkansas for 2? terms.
8 Years President plus whatever damage Hillary has managed to wreak while in the State department.
He does have Waco and Ruby Ridge to his credit.

Doesn't quite equal the Bush DieNasty:

Prescott Bush: financing Fritz Thyssen and Nazi Germany, first treasurer of planned parenthood

GHW Bush:
11th Head of CIA
VP under Reagan 8 years
US Ambassador to the UN (2 years)
"Special Envoy" to communist China
Possible involvement in Kennedy assassinations
President for 1 term:
- Bush signed the Immigration Act of 1990 which led to a 40 percent increase in legal immigration to the United States
- Spearheaded the negotiations of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA),
Iran/Contra criminals pardoned (though he may have actually ran the entire program)
Started revolutions in various Central American countries.
Increased coc aine traffic into the US.

George W Bush:
9/11
Iran and Iraq wars.
PATRIOT ACT
More tax cuts for the wealthy
Blew budget surpluses
Doubled the National debt
Increased poverty, homelessness and loss in median income.
Banker bailouts
Largest recession in US since Great Depression.
Trade imbalance more than doubled.

We went from having budget surpluses in 2000 to a totalitarian state by 2008.
Constitution ripped to shreds, Militarized police state, torture, kidnapping.
Loss of environmental and worker protections.

The Clintons were bad, no doubt but the Bushes are the kings among crooks.
UUU SSSS AAAAA! UUUU SSSSSS AAAAA!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Thank you. Wonderful post. The truth is always painful.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I'd say the Clinton's rank up there with them.....they should inter marry and just make a new royal line out of it.....

Governor of Arkansas for 2? terms.
8 Years President plus whatever damage Hillary has managed to wreak while in the State department.
He does have Waco and Ruby Ridge to his credit.

Doesn't quite equal the Bush DieNasty:

Prescott Bush: financing Fritz Thyssen and Nazi Germany, first treasurer of planned parenthood

GHW Bush:
11th Head of CIA
VP under Reagan 8 years
US Ambassador to the UN (2 years)
"Special Envoy" to communist China
Possible involvement in Kennedy assassinations
President for 1 term:
- Bush signed the Immigration Act of 1990 which led to a 40 percent increase in legal immigration to the United States
- Spearheaded the negotiations of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA),
Iran/Contra criminals pardoned (though he may have actually ran the entire program)
Started revolutions in various Central American countries.
Increased coc aine traffic into the US.

George W Bush:
9/11
Iran and Iraq wars.
PATRIOT ACT
More tax cuts for the wealthy
Blew budget surpluses
Doubled the National debt
Increased poverty, homelessness and loss in median income.
Banker bailouts
Largest recession in US since Great Depression.
Trade imbalance more than doubled.

We went from having budget surpluses in 2000 to a totalitarian state by 2008.
Constitution ripped to shreds, Militarized police state, torture, kidnapping.
Loss of environmental and worker protections.

The Clintons were bad, no doubt but the Bushes are the kings among crooks.
UUU SSSS AAAAA! UUUU SSSSSS AAAAA!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I gave you a star....nicely written, succinct, and unfortunately true.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer Saddam's final interview was basically : "You idiots, you should have just built a base in IRAQ as an ally, Of course we wouldn't let you prove we didn't have bombs, iran is our neighbor... dumb#s..."

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals And then Obama saw what was happening and said "This is legit, lets run with it, long live me!"

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That girl sounds like a smart cookie to me. I think someone needs to buy her a beer, for sticking it to the man like that.

She's 19 years old so you'll have to buy her a pepsi.

I'd buy her beer, regardless.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Its always a Bush's fault . Even after more than 6 years into another President's terms.

It can still be the fault of his actions while in office, even after 6 WHOLE YEARS!

It baffles me how anyone can be so willfully ignorant of the reality, regardless of whether you like Obama or not, and regardless of whether you're a Republican or Democrat.

The moment someone claims that Bush was some grand leader, their credibility is completely destroyed.

I have discussed with plenty of Republicans who seem to agree that Bush did far more damage to the US than any other president in history, most sane and rational people agree. The man was an idiot, a warmongering, barely-literate buffoon.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I love how you can't bring up the reality that Bush was president and caused harm with out people crying how we are blaming bush.

Ya we are, cause he actually was president and caused some messed up stuff.

We did create isis, we destabilized that area and opened up the chance for groups like that to run rampant.

edit on thThu, 14 May 2015 12:29:21 -0500America/Chicago520152180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Its always a Bush's fault . Even after more than 6 years into another President's terms. No Virginia , it isnt Bush's fault .

According to your logic...A drunk runs into a car with his car and kills the entire family but after 6 years; it's not his fault.

You just lost all future credibility by showing that logic has no place in your "Rush Limbaugh" style of reasoning.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!!
edit on 14-5-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

She didn't ask a question. She made a well rehearsed political statement. It was a GOOD STATEMENT but it wasn't a question. So Jeb Bush appropriately asked 'is there a question'. Her statement back - ""You don't need to be pedantic to me, sir." didn't fit the situation and was obviously rehearsed. No matter what he said, she was going to say that to him. To me it just came across rehearsed and obnoxious. Kinda code pink. If she could have made her political statement into a question, it would have gone better. Also - her statement was about a POTUS from 15 years ago and not about current events. So it seemed like it was just the typical 'blame Bush' rhetoric. If she had worded it differently and asked a question more relative to today, it could have been a 'gotchya' moment'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I'd agree.

Problem is, is that relevant questions always get deflected...every time. Its in the politician handbook.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join