It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a singer and wow, have a listen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A little over a month ago I put together a cover tune of one of Slash's stuff "By the Sword" and have been painstakingly kicking over rocks to find the right people to play this out, maybe do an open mic, have a band. Most people flake like skin cells but I met this girl a few weeks ago who agreed to record with me and jam it out. Well, here it is finally with the sound I'm looking for. What do you think? Pretty good eh?

soundcloud.com...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
She has a beautiful voice. Nice find! Oh and good cover!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

thanks
and ha, when I heard her sing...I suddenly became the groveling guitarist. I had hold my cards close after that, not letting on how much I think she rocks

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

You have to keep her around.

Pretty cool.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I love rock chicks!
Have you got any more? It sounds great, did you use mbox with pro tools for recording?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

No pro nothing. Just apps on the phone. Her recording was just raw and I only added a little reverb.

Yes to rock chicks Hopefully more stuff coming

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

wow you recorded that with phone app? That's awesome!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
She's pretty good once she gets going!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
She's pretty good once she gets going!

She's amazing. Though why anyone would record a "cover" of this is beyond me.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There's a smoky quality to her voice which is perfect for the song. Keep her around.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Very nice. The mix tends to compete with the singers voice a bit, but if you did this on your phone, that explains it. Remix that, and you've got something. S&F.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

You don't dig this tune? Cover what ever you want, there's no right or wrong about that

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Really great voice, indeed!
Reminds me a bit of Janis Joplin, but she is not just copying.

(Right at the start her voice is not loud enough in relation to the guitar, but that is just the mix.)

Let us know when you make a recording with full equipment!
edit on 14-5-2015 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Holy cr@p, nice!
As an aspiring guitar player one of my secret fantasies has been to find a singer with that kind of voice to work with, hope you get to work with her on more stuff, all the best!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Cool good job .. I remember few months back you were looking to get something going with a project from people on here . Sadly never panned out .. I still might be interested I will leave you a message on soundcloud If you want to check out what I have been working on so far .

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Absolutely awesome!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

hey yeah totally, I'm down. I can't believe that song got over 400 plays in less than 24 hrs. Blows my mind.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
wow, you are not kidding. Great voice for sure. Great guitar as well! If I may, the only thing that is bogging this down is the mix. My suggestion is find a third party to help do a pro mix on this brilliant work. It really will knock this up several notches and do this project justice. Almost there. Rough demo stage presently, which I think an untrained ear would dismiss prematurely. With the right mix, it will give everybody the ability to hear what you already know. Cheers for the find.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

She has a fantastic voice....... Who is she and can we hear more from her. I have to admit I didn't expect much, but she blew me away with her raw talent.

top topics

join