It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Education rankings... USA 28th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Dude, I do not want you to be angry with me. I do tend to crack back on the side of humor. But statistics like in this thread are completely pointless unless they give you the material on how they arrived at the statistics.

I apologize if I made you mad honestly I was having a little fun with it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: 727Sky

Do you know what I had for dinner tonight? Inch and a half thick ribeye steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, a big salad, a great big cold glass of milk then I topped it off with apple pie and ice cream. And I actually threw about half of it away. What did the rest of the world eat ?

Yeah we still have it like that! I think the rest of the world is confused by a case of envy!!

You are bragging about consuming more calories and clogging more arteries in one meal than most people get in a week? You aren't really helping our defense here.

It wasn't me talking blame the stroke.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Au contraire mon frère. I addressed the separation of Church and State. You presumed.

Perhaps you should organize my input in this thread 'by post' and draw a conclusion on my position from there.

For such a smart guy, you sure don't like letting go of the bone once it's in your teeth.

I just don't see why you think separation of church and state has anything to do with school. And so yes I assumed you must be talking from some religious angle as the State is already the topic of this thread, so you saying church and state adds in the church...

I have no bone with religion. I tend to anger people who are religious and atheist alike. Most of my recent posts are actually about religion, but I just don't think that is the topic here..

the topic here is about schools being bad. I know many teachers. I see lots of kids homework and all kinds of stuff. I know and have seen that the most difference you can get in schooling comes from a connection and some personal time between a kid and the teacher..

Smaller class sizes.. Teach your kids at home.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

There's three types of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics. I noticed Vietnam was number 12 in the rankings. I'm quite sure every school-age child in Vietnam is enrolled in school?????

Distort The facts however you see fit then present your case. The bottom line comes down to the standard of living. And actually believe it or not obesity levels in a country. The most successful countries have the highest obesity levels. Do you know why that is? Because the countries with the highest obesity levels are the most prosperous.

I'm from America Son... Haha..

But as to the data, they havn't released it yet, so I can't see how they are rating things, and if it holds up in my view to real world learning..

The standard of living is NOT the bottom line of education. And you bringing this up says something to your insecurity about America. We can be ranked 28th in education.. We probably should be. Maybe it's the fact that I know sooo many teachers.. But.. Kids are not doing so well these days.

And again I'll put out my simple solution that costs a lot of money....

LOWER class sizes.. Then the teachers have enough free time around common core to still teach.

But if you want to cover your ears and pretend we are the best because we are fed well.. OK.. Guess I had better teachers than you..

While I agree on class sizes there is much more to the problem than teaches wages.. Some of the highest paid districts have the lowest scores.

Until discipline is reestablished in the class rooms and teachers in many districts do not fear for their lives from the animals they are trying to teach... We are at the peak with a continued decent into stupidity.. IMO

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Dude, I do not want you to be angry with me. I do tend to crack back on the side of humor. But statistics like in this thread are completely pointless unless they give you the material on how they arrived at the statistics.

no I'm not mad..

And I don't call anything I have seen so far statistics.. And in fact I said data. To be more clear I want to see the most raw information I can.

I do think American schools are bad, and I don't see any reason we couldn't be ranked 28th.

I never said anything else related to that, and I never said I was mad, haha.. I try to make it a point so you guys can all see it..

It's this point.
Or mostly this one.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

And what pray tell does you stuffing your face to excess ,have to do with American children's futures?
Glad you can eat to excess like that,I really am. I can't stand to see anyone go hungry.But do you think the kids coming up will be able to afford to eat like that? Will they be able to compete in a global job market when they don't know how to read and write?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Greathouse

And what pray tell does you stuffing your face to excess ,have to do with American children's futures?
Glad you can eat to excess like that,I really am. I can't stand to see anyone go hungry.But do you think the kids coming up will be able to afford to eat like that? Will they be able to compete in a global job market when they don't know how to read and write?

I think it's because he is glorifying a meal for the nutritionally uninformed. Maybe it's a statement that uneducated people will eat themselves to death and will eventually help raise our ranking?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

no I'm not mad..

And I don't call anything I have seen so far statistics.. And in fact I said data. To be more clear I want to see the most raw information I can.

I do think American schools are bad, and I don't see any reason we couldn't be ranked 28th.

I never said anything else related to that, and I never said I was mad, haha.. I try to make it a point so you guys can all see it..

It's this point.
Or mostly this one.

That's cool man again I apologize. I just feel that most of these figures are not based per 100,000. I think most castemic sources distort the data how they see fit then post it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Keep reading the thread I never expected you to be able to read between the lines.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Please refer to the above post. Lol

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

While I agree on class sizes there is much more to the problem than teaches wages.. Some of the highest paid districts have the lowest scores.

Until discipline is reestablished in the class rooms and teachers in many districts do not fear for their lives from the animals they are trying to teach... We are at the peak with a continued decent into stupidity.. IMO

Highest paid districts and small class sizes are not, or don't have to be in the same area..
Where I am from the classes and teachers are WAY above average, so maybe I don't even know how bad it is. I am seeing more and more it does seem like we are falling..

The main thing is that I did not learn to think in school. I've learned more in the few years I have had free time than most of my life.

Times are changing..

Responsibilities shift..

School as a tool of basic training for learning. This needs to be enforced rather than a school based on remembering things. As much as that can be accomplished in first grade or into second.. Man that would make a WORLD of difference.

In the end school by a state can only be for the gain of the state.. I think the state is over it's head trying to teach consciousness. That's just me. I don't think they should stop trying though.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jackjoedoe
a reply to: stumason

Self ritouse much...?

It's just a microcosm of the bigger problems the human race overall have inherited.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Please refer to the above post. Lol

Oh crap, I overlooked that one. But, seriously, get some blood work done. That's not the kind of dinner you can get away with for very long.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think greathouse was making a comparison that education doesn't equal success. I agree. The U.S. has been behind many countries for a long time. We are still one of the top world powers like it or not (for now).

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Star!!!

Although your woefully misinformed. At least you have a sense of humor! One thing you may not understand about me. Although many posters like B and D are in this for a popularity contest. I know my opinion isn't very popular on this site, but regardless I will try to confront the actual issues instead of make friends.
edit on 14-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
I think greathouse was making a comparison that education doesn't equal success. I agree. The U.S. has been behind many countries for a long time. We are still one of the top world powers like it or not (for now).

That's the common logic I hear from people in our nation. It's kind of like being the big tall dumb guy who is the only one who can reach the fruit. Eventually, the widespread use of ladders will make the big tall dumb guy obsolete and then he'll just be the dumb guy looking for somebody to cut up his fruit for him.
edit on 14-5-2015 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Canada did well at number 10. Ironic, since Americans always portray them as stupid.

Anyway, I personally think there is something wrong with the American education system. It seems to me its more about indoctrinating propaganda, than teaching knowledge. Every American I have met in person, didn't even know the population of there own country, but were obsessed with the BS American dream fantasy that anyone can become rich, just as long as they work hard.

edit on 14-5-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I'm going to watch you you have a brain.

You are only the second person to realize what that statement meant. And I thoroughly enjoyed people that can actually think instead of spill their pre-rehearsed opinions.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

That's the common logic I hear from people in our nation. It's kind of like being the big tall dumb guy who is the only one who can reach the fruit. Eventually, the widespread use of ladders will make the big tall dumb guy obsolete and then he'll just be the dumb guy looking for somebody to cut up his fruit for him.

Besides the OP's statement about the position of the US. Any chance you could show me statistics and how they were proven or do you just take random sources as gospel?

What am I saying??? It's completely obvious by your history that you take any opinion you agree with him believe it.

Do you Sir are truly a uninformed American.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

To an extent I agree with you. I never went to college but have been more successful monetarily than many with higher education. That said i agree we as a country can't keep up like this, but its going to take a massive shift in how our educational system works. Honestly i don't know where we would start.
edit on 14-5-2015 by PeachesNCream because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join