It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Education rankings... USA 28th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

So is your stance here that the state has caused divorces which lead to single parent family or that it has prevented or discouraged marriage?

I do agree with the point, to a degree, that those with the 'traditional' family tend to do better in the school setting, I fail to see how the state is responsible solely for the demise of it.

I would say how much more a one parent income could get provide for a family in the past is a the biggest factor.
And I would disagree it is only progressive policy's that has put that idea behind us.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

What you fail to acknowledge is . That you have taken blind evidence from some stupid source without any factual data on how that information was concluded then you based your opinion in this entire thread on it. A stance like that reeks of agenda and preconceived notion's.

Let me give you a hint never watch Daboo7 or you will appear even more oblivious to real facts.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

LOL Funny thing is ... neither am I.

I guess you don't want to talk about the breakdown of the family unit, traditional roles, the State imposing itself ever deeper into our lives. Nah ... you wanna fixate on religion. Does it scare you?

All of those things are somewhat of a conspiracy but I find it has little to do with religion. Religion can only help those who are too weak to stand and have a family.. The family unit broke up because of the industrial revolution.. That's it...

My parents divorced.. Religion has no fear in me, my ex had to go to church all the time, and I ended up there all the time as well.. No feeble mind control scares me. Not the US, not the church.. It's men in costumes..

But you brought up religion not me. I think it's way way way to the side of what we are talking about in this thread.

Schools are not married couples. USA schools need improvement. Let's go FORWARD from there.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

How is common core and no child left behind working out ?

Depends who you ask I suppose?

The laws are drafted by the Corporate Oligopolies team of lawyers and their lobbyist in this country, Just about every law is robo signed by our congress that has the intent to give more power and make more money for the Corporate Oligopolies.

Would Corporations really want educated critical thinking consumers or dumb down "I NEED I NEED Drones"?

I would not be surprised if the education policies in this country were designed to keep us dumb. I sometimes have a hard time seeing the movie idiocracy as a comedy, but rather as a prediction of the future.

You would think those same companies would want educated critically thinking workers as well? However their actions suggest something else. The select US private $chool$ will provide the few needed, the majority will eventually come via H1b visas at slave labor rate.

There were plenty of educated computer engineers and scientist in this country but when they were on average making 100K plus salary , all the sudden their was a shortage.

The corporations kept saying we need to import foreign workers , despite the number of US college graduates in those fields being unable to find jobs. Conveniently enough, those same foreign workers with H1b visas were getting hired but at a much much smaller rate.

I just don't see why Corporate Oligopolies would want the majority of consumers to be critical thinkers , educated, and having the skills to demand decent wages or question what they are selling?

I find it hard to believe that we can't do better than 28th unless its by design, because I see it working out just fine for the US Oligopolies in charge.

Interesting enough while we rank 28th in education, we are #1 when it comes to consumer spending?

edit on 58531America/ChicagoWed, 13 May 2015 23:58:52 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

What you fail to acknowledge is . That you have taken blind evidence from some stupid source without any factual data on how that information was concluded then you based your opinion in this entire thread on it. A stance like that reeks of agenda and preconceived notion's.

Let me give you a hint never watch Daboo7 or you will appear even more oblivious to real facts.

Nope actually if you read my posts I said

"I don't know the data they used I would like to see that.... But, it wouldn't surprise me."

I don't know what daboo7 is.
edit on 13-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm willing to teach anyone over the internet for free.

And if you researched your facts. Instead of taking any opinion that agrees with you and running with it. I would be more than willing to learn something off you.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Yet you were incapable of interpreting the true meaning of my 1st reply.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

And if you researched your facts. Instead of taking any opinion that agrees with you and running with it. I would be more than willing to learn something off you.

No you're not.. Haha..
You havn't even learned to read my posts in the light I write them.
I am a critical thinker..

If you go back you will see I never repeated or "agreed" with any thing in this thread as a fact. I only ever said it "wouldn't surprise me" AND "I want to see the data."

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: jackjoedoe
a reply to: stumason

Self ritouse much...?

Haha, you can't write this stuff...

In a thread about the poor standard of US education, an American tries to insult me and spells it wrong..

Wonderful

FYI - righteous is the word you're looking for...

Says the guy arguing with voice dictation!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You are incapable of communicating your thoughts clearly..
Especially in relation to the thread at hand, you have said nothing of any significance.

Need I remind you this thread is not about KnightLight?

From personal experience more back into the thread now.. School was too dumbed down for me and as a result I ended up not doing homework from 1st grade on.. I excelled and tutored many people.. I see that part of the problem of teaching has to do with American culture, and another bit has to do with how many kids are in the class room.. I have noticed a lot than anyone who can think on their own has the skills to learn anything.. You can't teach that..

You can't really get better teachers as there are so many teachers out of work already..

edit on 14-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm kind of disappointed with such a low score. Maybe the politicians can increase this to fifty. What do you expect when we have to watch erectile disfunction commercials and political campaigning all the time.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

You are incapable of communicating your thoughts clearly..
Especially in relation to the thread at hand, you have said nothing of any significance.

Need I remind you this thread is not about KnightLight?

Lol

Says the guy the Can't remember what he wrote.

The standard of living is NOT the bottom line of education. And you bringing this up says something to your insecurity about America. We can be ranked 28th in education.. We probably should be. Maybe it's the fact that I know sooo many teachers.. But.. Kids are not doing so well these days.

Next????
edit on 13-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Aren't you tired of wrestling in the mud?

You know what they say about that...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The State's agenda has been evident for more than half a century. The rise of corporations sped up the process by keeping certain elements in control.

Understanding that the OP's foresight is a foregone conclusion ... is my point. America cannot maintain its status with peer nations if our children aren't properly educated. Adopting common core is but a distraction. Comparing the 'education' of our kids, to kids from another country, is what sets the standard.

The effort Korean parents put into the education of their children is beyond any American's ability to rationalize. Thing is, it takes a parent to make that happen, not just a teacher ... and certainly not a method of teaching. It takes hard work on the part of the student. It takes diligence on the part of the parents. It takes the reality of social standing based on grades 'earned'.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Read it again.. It says We CAN...

Not we ARE..

And did you not see me say I want to see the data first...

Jesus, I say something is a possibility, and you don't know what CAN means.

America is my facorite country and it's people like me that will make it better, and try to restore some of our fallen glory. You are saying what in this thread? Where is America really ranked? We must just be number one?? Come on.. Those days are over.
edit on 14-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Now you don't mean what you wrote? But you called me reading comprehension impaired?

I stand corrected. With examples like you we must be at least 28th in the world in education.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Well I agree completely with parent involvement being essential to the child's success in school.

I think we just disagree on why that is harder for parents to do that now-a-days.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Aren't you tired of wrestling in the mud?

You know what they say about that...

I refuse to tire in this life. I made that choice. I think it's why I came here, though to the point of this thread if there is one left.. I think I'll take a shower now.

Sometimes I know my angles are just too steep. If people let me get to points it makes more sense.

So here is a point to leave in this thread..

Don't leave teaching up to the State.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

Do you know what I had for dinner tonight? Inch and a half thick ribeye steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, a big salad, a great big cold glass of milk then I topped it off with apple pie and ice cream. And I actually threw about half of it away. What did the rest of the world eat ?

Yeah we still have it like that! I think the rest of the world is confused by a case of envy!!

You are bragging about consuming more calories and clogging more arteries in one meal than most people get in a week? You aren't really helping our defense here.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

But you brought up religion not me.

Au contraire mon frère. I addressed the separation of Church and State. You presumed.

Perhaps you should organize my input in this thread 'by post' and draw a conclusion on my position from there.

For such a smart guy, you sure don't like letting go of the bone once it's in your teeth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join