It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Education rankings... USA 28th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Too bad pens don't have auto-correct like da smartfonezs do aye.........

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Is thinking some one is arrogant the same as being envious?

Nope, which is the point I was trying to make but it is lost on him.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: KnightLight

Is this data based per capita or all conclusive. In your rush to find A agreeable stance you neglected to find that out.

Why did you say find "A agreeable" stance?
I am in no rush..

As I said I am friends with many teachers. This topic is closer to home for me.

You want to raise the bar for kids, or you want to lower it? Tell me what you think should happen..
I want to raise the standards and get better teaching.. It's something I am looking into as a possible next step in my life, though I have many plans.

To raise the standards first you call out that things are not going well.. See that iceberg? Yea it's not that bad of course. Just saying.

(post by Greathouse removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Vietnam in Thailand were predominantly mentioned in the second source. If you choose to base your opinion on countries where only the best pupils are in schools you have no opinion.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Snarl

Not to derail your thread, but it really boils down to separation of Church and State. The state wanted say-so in marriage and that resulted in divorce rates that are insane. I mean, how often does the Church dissolve a marriage?

So the seeds for this nations destruction was sown when it was founded? If this were a religious run nation we would be way lower than 28th.

Ahhh Buster!! Wrong thread, brother. I guess your voice wasn't heard there ... so here you are.

We were doing just fine in the 50s/60s of the last century ... Back before you progressives with your commie agenda took root and started to blossom.

One doesn't have to look hard to see what Common Core sprung up from.

link   
a reply to: stumason

I knew you would be making excuses without acknowledge facts at one point in our conversation.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

No ... exactly the opposite.

Had the State stayed out of matters of the Church you wouldn't have anywhere near such a steep drop to contend with.

I guess if I lived in a community predominantly comprised of graduate level residents, I might be blind to the origins as well.

-Cheers

What? Why are you still talking about church and marriage?
And yes living around smart people does help to see more clearly.

It's not graduate level residents.. It's a hub of PHDs and research...

Critical thinking belongs in school. god and sheep have to stay outside until the bell rings.

Oh and I've met Jesus.. I'm just not religious.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Snarl

Not to derail your thread, but it really boils down to separation of Church and State. The state wanted say-so in marriage and that resulted in divorce rates that are insane. I mean, how often does the Church dissolve a marriage?

So the seeds for this nations destruction was sown when it was founded? If this were a religious run nation we would be way lower than 28th.

Ahhh Buster!! Wrong thread, brother. I guess your voice wasn't heard there ... so here you are.

We were doing just fine in the 50s/60s of the last century ... Back before you progressives with your commie agenda took root and started to blossom.

One doesn't have to look hard to see what Common Core sprung up from.

Watch out he's due for one of his infinitely repeated replies geared towards starfarming!!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I knew you would be making excuses without egg knowledge and fax at one point in our conversation.

One can only assume (and hope) that you're trying to make a joke or pun, but it's fallen flat...

EDIT: Haha, you went back to edit it. Having trouble with your phone, are we?
edit on 13/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Vietnam in Thailand were predominantly mentioned in the second source. If you choose to base your opinion on countries where only the best pupils are in schools you have no opinion.

When did I say how I base my opinion.. ?
I basically said I don't know what this article is saying unless I see the data, but I'm not surprised to see the USA at 28th.
You can site me mentioning Thailand and Vietnam?

Your comprehension is LOW.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I use voice dictation then go back and edit. Because one of my favorite things to do is reduce someone to being a grammar Nazi then remind them I'm using voice dictation!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Seriously? I don't care what you think. If all you can do is insult me in your response then maybe you need to do a self evaluation.
Ya I fail to see the hidden message in your bragging about your abundance of food in a thread about how our education system is failing.
Which seems to come from the thought process of the royals of the middle ages.
Go and do that around some starving people and see if they get it.
edit on thWed, 13 May 2015 23:41:21 -0500America/Chicago520152180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   
Here is my opinion, every poster above this post I would rank well above the average in intelligence.

and I am pretty sure you all know it.

link   

And your agenda is obvious.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Oh and I've met Jesus.. I'm just not religious.

LOL Funny thing is ... neither am I.

I guess you don't want to talk about the breakdown of the family unit, traditional roles, the State imposing itself ever deeper into our lives. Nah ... you wanna fixate on religion. Does it scare you?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

And your agenda is obvious.

Can you tell me what my agenda is?
I may have an agenda. I think I stated it earlier.

Would you like to get back to the topic?

Pointing out that our schools are not doing so hot, NO MATTER why... It's a GOOD thing to do.

The key is, can we get smaller class sizes. But we will not. America has played it's hand as a world power, so money wont be coming back in the budget from the military.. So Teaching will still be sliding, but it's really not that bad.

I'm willing to teach anyone over the internet for free.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join