It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea defence chief reportedly executed with anti-aircraft gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How does the saying from the old Wasteland (and Wasteland 2) go about "turned in to ground round" ?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Jonjonj

I think this is a fake story, at least they say so in this thread.

That's why I said I was unsure about this story and if it was real it would be interesting. If it's a fake story so be it.

I only wanted to mention it as a previously mentioned story. No offence meant.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Not 100% buying it as can't see NK having the money to spare and would use bullets or similar instead - though apparently satellite images from a few countries show the scene (will provide links asap) - images here seems true (not graphic) - hrnk.org...

Amazingly brutal propaganda whether true or not. I simply cannot understand the country, poor people..
edit on 13-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
How does the saying from the old Wasteland (and Wasteland 2) go about "turned in to ground round" ?

Not sure how that goes but... we call that a bloody mess massacre in fallout. lol.

Im surprised they didnt tie him to a ICBM and fired him off then detonated it after lift off.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

most (not all) AA platforms (especially the ones referred to as guns/cannons) tend to fire shells/large bullets (20-88mm) so they did kind of kill him with one....just a giant exploding one ,assuming the gun crew was anywhere near decent i would have to guess he did not feel much if anything other then the initial explosion then nothingness. one thing even "poor" north Korea has is lots of artillery in various flavors.

fas.org... info on average what the usa pays for its muntions and im betting we pay far more then the north koreans.so depending on how many the fired they probally only spent from 50-300 bucks to take this guy out in spectacular but morbid fashion.

20MM HCI PGU-28 $16.91 20MM PGU-27 $4.87 20MM TPT BULK PGU-30 $8.31 30MM TP $7.73 30MM HEI $24.75 40MM HEDO $15.41 40MM TP M781/M888 $2.12 40MM HEDP $16.14 40MM CS $8.95 40MM API $7.82 40MM TP $14.54
this shows price per round(for what i assume are AA rounds) so yeah they could have saved 50 bucks and just lit him up with buckshot(.30 cents a round for buck) but despots tend to like to show off their toys even the old ones

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase "Death by Power Point". I think I will bring two grande latte's to the next meeting I attend !

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Be careful you don't step into the BS , Apparently he was not Knocked off .

SEOUL, May 13 (UPI) -- South Korea's spy agency said it cannot confirm the execution of North Korea defense chief Hyon Yong Chol, hours after making the opposite claim to South Korean lawmakers.
South Korean lawmaker Kim Kwang-jin told ABC News that Seoul's National Intelligence Service had said in a closed briefing that Hyon was publicly executed for napping and "behaving disrespectfully."

The NIS also said Hyon was executed on April 29 or 30 through the use of anti-aircraft machine guns in an area 13 miles north of Pyongyang – as hundreds of high-ranking military personnel watched.

South Korean lawmaker Shin Kyoung-min, who said Hyon was seen attending a concert in Pyongyang just a day or two before his alleged execution, questioned the claim.

"We've seen Hyon even yesterday on TV," Shin said Wednesday. "If North Korea really executed their No. 2 man in charge of defense, they would make sure he disappears on every single program. That's definitely their style."

By late afternoon, the spy agency revised its statement, saying Hyon was purged, but maybe not executed.

"We do have intelligence information that he had been killed by gunfire but that is yet to be verified," a spy agency spokesman told ABC.

L INK

ABC
edit on 14-5-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

There's a video floating around of a similar act in Syria.

Curiosity got me as well.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Just look at history.
Humans in charge have always killed people in imaginative ways to set a example to others.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i seem to recall one execution used a land shark barb wire bomb. they use these to clear barb wire. they stuckit up this dudes butt and blew it up.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If i ever get cancer or some other awful illness i wonder if Kim will take requests, i would like to be 'party' to a hydrogen or even real atomic bomb test.

gosh what a way to go out.

or launch me into space(with a face mask so i can see the stars before i pass out/freeze)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I swear I've heard of N.Korean executed by granades or mortors posted here before but who really knows if true or not?

There's a lot of evidence to support this too.
There's satellite imagery of executions taking place, entire groups of people annihilated by heavy weapons in front of an audience. There are several reports from defectors too, I believe, stating that this is routine not only under government instructions but in the gulags around the country too.

North Korea is a sick, f-ed up country, with a sick and twisted leader at its helm. These people are mentally damaged beyond what anyone here might be able to comprehend.

And for those claiming it's all propaganda, give me reason to believe that, and explain to me why these individuals supposedly not executed are never seen in public again? Surely if this was all bs by the "evil west" all NK would need to do is show these people still alive, right?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: joho99
Just look at history.
Humans in charge have always killed people in imaginative ways to set a example to others.

Or just because they're psychopaths who were raised in near total isolation and with extreme privilege they have absolutely zero empathy or normal Human emotion.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

i know a sociopath and i can see how Kim could be one, imagine ultimate power(life and death) unlimited money, no consequences for ANYTHING you do....ever.

as a sociopath the man he killed gave him the ultimate insult in falling asleep when he should have been kneeling before his 'god'

it is amazing no one has taken a shot at him, I'm sure there are more then a few dis-enfranchised military types that could get close to him or even take a long shot at him with a rifle during a parade.

i would bet it has been tried, we just don't hear about it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

it is amazing no one has taken a shot at him, I'm sure there are more then a few dis-enfranchised military types that could get close to him or even take a long shot at him with a rifle during a parade.

He weeds those types out early so that he is surrounded by his most trusted...and if he doesn't trust you, good luck on a long life in North Korea.

I think this verse from the Kinks Destroyer explains Lil Kim to a tee.

"Silly boy you got so much to live for
So much to aim for, so much to try for
You blowing it all with paranoia
You're so insecure you self-destroyer"

He could have been one of the biggest people in history if he just took his people welfare into consideration and made North Korea a place everyone wants to visit, but he didn't and now we see the North Korea of today.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

There would be very little left to bury. He was reportedly 30 meters away, the RPU-4 has an 1800 meter maximum range.
Actually the max range is on the order of 8,000 meters. I'm actually surprised they didn't go full looney toons and use the 23mm AA gun instead of the 14.5mm. The 14.5 is just a heavy machine gun round firing out of a higher cyclic rate weapons system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join