It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Myth that Torture Led to Bin Laden Is Finally Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

You are correct about being signor of the international agreement. However, you are wrong about anything goes...it doesn't! Thing are not same simple as you indicate.

I was raised as a Southern Baptist with much respect for human life. Once I began my first tour in Vietnam I saw a whole new world that I never realized that existed. It was war! I quickly learn to do the thing necessary to keep my platoon alive for the next 12 months. Much of these tasks certainly violated my Baptist upbringing. At no time, at my level, did international agreement come into play. My enemy never fought by any rules whatsoever. They had no ethics other than to kill as many American as they could.

The Americans were given rules of engagement (ROE) on how to engage the enemy. We had rules, they did not.

As for my logic, I have said nothing to indicate my logic about war. The thing that I always say is how immoral war is because I've seen it too often. My philosophy is not to enter a war if you are not in it to win it. There is no slippery slope here!

Now, here's the thing most people do not understand. Once you are on the ground you must decide on if you are going to be killed or fight back. Rules, ethics, morals, laws or feeling make no difference. Either kill or be killed...brutally simply! You can cry foul and spout rules but all you get is shot!
edit on 16-5-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join