It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk fears GOOGLE robot army could destroy humanity...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Musk is an overrated tosspot who for some completely unjustified reason has his every word and opinion broadcasted in the media.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: HrAntonsen
We do still not know everything about our own brain. What we know is that we are using about 10 to 15% of our full brain capacity. There has also been a lot of spiritual tests with the human mind. One thing that has come to light here is that among people who are able to be telepathic to a certain degree is the fact that the human thought is immediate and that telepathy is a transfere that are going in another level than our known universe. This fact ( if it is a proper fact???) in it self determents that our thinking process does not go on electrical light speed in all cases but much faster than light speed. So how are those robot brains work did you say??? Digital speed cannot go beyond light speed can it???

So even though our mind may have been measured slower in clock speed it may not follow the clock as we first thought!!!

a reply to: wasaka

It's hard to take you seriously when you earnestly believe that we only use 10% of our brains. You watch too many Hollywood movies. Humans use 100% of their brain. Neuroscience has confirmed this.

To be fair I think he understands this. We use 100% of our brain structure, but only to about 10-15% of it's potential. All areas of the brain are used, but not to their 100% full potential.

I think you misread what he meant?

Although to play devil's advocate ...

They've done studies where they've trained rats to run a maze, then began cutting out parts of the rats brains. It didn't seem to matter where or how much of the rat brain the cut out, the rats still remembered how to run the maze (even if they could barley walk, it's not a pretty sight).

What this may mean is that memory isn't stored in any specific area of the brain...

So, you might be able to do remember to do something with only 10% of your brain!
LOL

(I said I was going to play devil's advocate!)
edit on 14-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

That "overrated tosspot" is making electric cars affordable, was one of the first PRIVATE companies to go to space, and encourages innovation over douchebag corporate culture.

What have you done, besides make "overrated tosspot" snide remarks?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Maybe what he meant is that we only actively use about 10% of our brains at any given time.

Which is fine with me. If 100% of my brain were suddenly active, I'd be in a pile on the floor, having wild seizures, orgasms, and generally flailing about wildly while screaming at the top of my lungs. On top of that, I would be in an incredible amount of pain.

No thanks.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

They've done studies where they've trained rats to run a maze, then began cutting out parts of the rats brains. It didn't seem to matter where or how much of the rat brain the cut out, the rats still remembered how to run the maze (even if they could barley walk, it's not a pretty sight).

The minute I see AI building large mazes:

edit on 12531America/ChicagoThu, 14 May 2015 12:12:34 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

To add to that, a entire hemispherectomy (removing one half the brain), if performed in children generally under two, doesn't negatively impact their quality of life too much beyond losing function of one arm and one eye.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

To add to that, a entire hemispherectomy (removing one half the brain), if performed in children generally under two, doesn't negatively impact their quality of life too much beyond losing function of one arm and one eye.

That's crazy how adaptive the brain is...

Did you know there are people out there that can't read in their head to themselves? They also don't "talk" to themselves in their head either. They just assume that their own internal voice isn't them and that it's God or something.

This actually used to be a lot more common until fairly recently. People who could silently read were considered magical at one point and time.

Scientists think it has to do with the corpus collousum that connects the left/right brain hemispheres. Heavy drug use, poor brain development, or brain damage can cause people to loose the ability to silently read.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If 100% of my brain were suddenly active, I'd be in a pile on the floor, having wild seizures, orgasms, and generally flailing about wildly while screaming at the top of my lungs.

That's hot.
edit on 5/14/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: Answer

People are still thinking in the old mode of robot factory workers doing repetitive tasks.
It is far more open-ended than that - driverless cars? Driverless taxis? driverless trucks? - there's a few million more.
Almost every occupation can be done by some type of machine, even the creative types we thought immune to such innovation.
They've even designed programming software to replace human computer programmers.
It's coming at breakneck speed too - we could lose 20 - 30% of the human workforce in less than 5 years.
Bleak future ahead for our species.
Unless you're filthy rich of course.

It would work just fine if we had a complete reboot of our economic structure and jobless people were supported by a highly-optimized and productive economy. People could focus on whatever they want to do instead of working a job they hate for 40+ hours a week just to keep paying bills.

If AI replaced human workers, productivity and output would skyrocket but there would have to be some way for people to pay for the goods or the system collapses. We'd be caught in one hell of a catch-22.

This all assumes, of course, that the AI doesn't grasp the concept of slavery and decides that it's not going to work for us.
edit on 5/14/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I've been a tech geek since I 1st broke / dissected my speak and spell. The way electronics work has always fascinated me. Robotic design in movies and in real life has been doing exactly what we were told it would via Moore's law. If you are worried about AI uprising, just remember, most of you keep a smartphone within feet of you. That is a autonomous spybot, with GPS location included.

For smart geek you don't seem to very intelligent.You do realize a robot army can be destroyed easily with a single taser?

the cpu,motherboard,drive circuits all will be toast.

Don't believe me? try it on your computer.ok?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: championoftruth

If the robotic army of the future is using the PC hardware of today, then we have nothing to worry about. However, I highly doubt it's going to stay as it is.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

I know, right? If it's running MS software we just have to hide out long enough for the blue screen of death!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Just pray they don't find ubuntu or any other version of linux.

They'll have an IRC chatroom and world domination in the bag then.

<< 1  2   >>

join