It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harriet Tubman Wins Poll for Woman on $20 Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm saying this as a free thinker with no racial intentions but i think they are starting to give things to black people like the presidency and this so that we can say we had or did something before things change. A little of topic but after Obama leaves everyone knows things will change just like everyone should know that once they find a viable replacement the dollar bill will have no value

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It is going to cost money to change the bill just for a feel good measure. We are $18T in debt and we keep digging the hole deeper by all the feel good things this country does. Where is the common sense but no let's ban a flag or something.

I know, we can put a picture of Barry the dinosaur on the $20 bill. He's purple to commemorate the LGTB group. Then we can put Yogi and Bubu on the $5 bill for the NRA hunters. Come on! Cartoon characters are perfect for our money. No, let's change it all to look like Monopoly money since it worth about the same.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebellion7
I'm saying this as a free thinker with no racial intentions but i think they are starting to give things to black people like the presidency and this so that we can say we had or did something before things change. A little of topic but after Obama leaves everyone knows things will change just like everyone should know that once they find a viable replacement the dollar bill will have no value

LOL If you're so free thinking w/no racial intentions, why bring up race at all? And why don't you at least accept him as white or at least multiracial? He has just as much white DNA as he does black DNA. Or did you forget his mother is white? It seems like you instantly put him in the black category, even though you say you have no racial intentions.

Also, he won the presidency because more people voted for him than they did for McCain & Palin. And then he beat Romney fair & square too. You sound like you don't want to give him credit where credit is due. You don't have to like him to acknowledge he won the elections & didn't have it "given" to him.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
It is going to cost money to change the bill just for a feel good measure. We are $18T in debt and we keep digging the hole deeper by all the feel good things this country does. Where is the common sense but no let's ban a flag or something.

I know, we can put a picture of Barry the dinosaur on the $20 bill. He's purple to commemorate the LGTB group. Then we can put Yogi and Bubu on the $5 bill for the NRA hunters. Come on! Cartoon characters are perfect for our money. No, let's change it all to look like Monopoly money since it worth about the same.

Waah waah waah. The US changed its currency designs several times under Bush. Were you complaining then? Or did you forget we went from "small faced" bills, to "big faced" bills, to "big faced with extra features" bills?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Forgive me for asking and sounding brash, but why does their NEED to be a woman on currency? Just because?

The current run of our money is faceted with the faces of Presidents, with the exception of Franklin who for all sense and purposes might as well have been a President with all he did in the founding of this nation.

So why the change? Andrew Jackson deserves to be represented, even if it is on something he was ridiculously against in a Central Banking system.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds the timing of this suspicious?

It's like TPTB are having a full court press to force blackness on America whether we want it or not, at the same time they're swamping Europe with Arabs and other non-Europeans. Am I the only one who sees a conspiracy here?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Waah waah waah. The US changed its currency designs several times under Bush. Were you complaining then? Or did you forget we went from "small faced" bills, to "big faced" bills, to "big faced with extra features" bills?

When did the large face bill happen... Five years ago? The reason for the change was counterfeiting... what's the reason today? Just a feel good change...change for change?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
The Federal Reserve loves irony. A portrait of a woman known for helping slaves find freedom on a symbol of America's debt slavery.

the other fed reserve irony, pres. Jackson strongly opposed central banks, saw what it had done to Europe and wanted no part of it......

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

When did the large face bill happen... Five years ago? The reason for the change was counterfeiting... what's the reason today? Just a feel good change...change for change?

Hey you were complaining about the need to change the designs. And what, you think counterfeiting stopped after the big faced bills came out? The US has constantly changed its currency designs. Go look up some of the older designs and you'll see that it's more frequent than people think, apparently. (And that's not even counting the constant changes for our coins, especially quarters.)

Plus, you're assuming they're doing it for this reason alone. They most likely have even better technology & protections they're going to implement in the next wave of bills. So they would need redesigns anyway. They may have just decided to let the public choose one of the redesigns instead of some bureaucrat. What's the problem with that?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I agree with letting the public choose the face on the bills. The politicians have proven to be less than credible about anythings. I vote for Al Sharpton on the 3 dollar bill.
edit on 27-6-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join