It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll pay for my Sins. (poem)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'll pay for my Sins

Don't spread your filth on me,
I sit and listen to the words you say,
Left me feeling dirty for days,
I'm immune to your evil ways.

Disguised yourself as purity,
Pretended that you were the light.
Hoping that you would capture me,
I would follow you into the night.

Spewing lies and pretending to be,
The one who wants to be saving me.
But the moment I walked into that place,
I felt the darkness that you embraced.

You may believe, you may believe,
And you may gather the naive, the naive.
But the ones who hold light in their heart,
Will see through the lies right from the start.

"Give me your money, I'll save your soul,"
God values money? Really? I didn't know.
I guess I can just sin over and over again,
Pay you some coin, and be saved in the end.

When I go, I will pay for my sins, lose or win.
They are my baggage to carry around 'til then.
They will haunt me for the rest of my days,
Maybe that is the way that one pays.

And even though you've captured a few,
When it comes time to pay your own dues,
You'll have some tears fall from your face,
When you realize you fell from grace.

You may believe, you may believe,
And you may gather the naive, the naive.
But the ones who hold light in their heart,
Will see through the lies right from the start.

I went to a wedding recently , and this is how I felt afterwards. I have never experienced anything like it, still trying to digest the experience. Not a normal church, nothing normal at all about it actually. Anyhow, that's where this one came from..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I know the feeling.

Run far away from any "church" preaching prosperity gospel and harps on tithing instead of Jesus / Yashua's Salvation from the slavery of sin.

Most of those types of "preachers" are nothing more than salesman who worship money.
edit on 13-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Double post....

Let me add then:

No money changing is involved with Salvation. Anyone selling you Salvation is a fraud.

Sin & Summary of Salvation -

Jesus often reminded those religious leaders that He had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). He, as God, was the Author of the Law (2 Timothy 3:16). The Pharisees focused on the letter of the Law but missed the true spirit of it, which is given in Galatians 5:14: “The whole law can be summed up in this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” When Jesus refused to condemn the woman, He was not minimizing the importance of holiness. He was offering her the same kind of forgiveness He offers every one of us (Acts 3:19).

In saying, “Go and sin no more,” Jesus was not speaking of sinless perfection. He was warning against a return to sinful lifestyle choices.

His words both extended mercy and demanded holiness. Jesus was always the perfect balance of “grace and truth” (John 1:14). With forgiveness comes the expectation that we will not continue in the same path of rebelliousness. Those who know God’s love will naturally want to obey Him (John 14:15).

When we turn to Christ and receive His forgiveness, we experience a heart change (Luke 9:23; Acts 1:8). Forgiveness is not cheap, and it does not excuse the sin that separated us from God. It cost God everything to offer us the cleansing that pronounces us righteous before Him (John 3:16; 15:13).

Rather than continue in the self-centered path that led us astray from Him to begin with, the forgiven can walk in God’s path (Luke 14:27). A move toward God is a move toward righteousness, purity, and holy living (1 Peter 1:16; Romans 8:29). We cannot experience the transforming power of forgiveness without being forever changed.

It goes without saying that the woman caught in adultery did not return to her infidelity. She had met Jesus. She would not be perfect. No one is. But she was forever changed. Her eyes had been opened to the depravity of what she was doing. Sin no longer held the appeal it once did.

When we meet Jesus, sin no longer holds its fatal attraction. Grace changes things. “Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2).When we are born again (John 3:3), the power of the Holy Spirit breaks the power that sin once had over us (Romans 6:6).

Once we lived only to please ourselves, but when we have been forgiven, our motivation changes. We now live to please God (Galatians 2:20).

It should be the goal of every Christian to “sin no more,” although we recognize that, while we are in the flesh, we will still stumble (1 John 1:8). God’s desire for each of us is to be holy as He is holy (1 Peter 1:16). We still sin, but sin is no longer a lifestyle choice (1 John 3:9–10). When we fail, we can come to God and ask forgiveness (1 John 1:9; 1 Peter 4:1–2). And if we are truly God’s children, He will correct us, disciplining us when we need it (Hebrews 12:6–11). His work is to conform us to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29).

edit on 13-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thank you for your response. I rarely attend church, but when I do, I normally like to sit in the back and feel the emotion in the room..it is beautiful to watch/feel all those people come together for a bit, put their differences aside, and accept everyone for who they are. To be honest, I don't even listen to the sermon, I am there only for the feeling of the place.

And I have been to many different churches..this one had none of the normal feelings associated with it, and all I really wanted to do was go home and wash off the filth I felt from the place..anyhow, your words helped, hopefully I can wrap my head around this and move on.

Thank you!
blend57

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What better mask for the Devil than as a "man of God?"

Good for you to let your feelings and spirituality guide your course - the red flags popping up in one's soul are left unheeded at one's own risk.

Beautiful poem, thank you for sharing it!

- AB

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

When I go, I will pay for my sins, lose or win. 
They are my baggage to carry around 'til then. 
They will haunt me for the rest of my days, 
Maybe that is the way that one pays. 

The fact that you acknowledge that your sins must be paid for, implies that you believe you have violated some divine law at some point in your life? Who's law would that be? God's law?

If so, how will you pay if you are already in debt? Not to sound sarcastic, but are you like the Federal Reserve with some form of 'Spiritual Quantitative Easing'? This is why the bible teaches so much about financial debt. If you violated a law that you (by fallen nature) cannot keep, then the only one who can pay your debt for you is one who can keep the Law without falling.

That is what salvation is about. Believe that Jesus paid your debt, and you will be saved and free to live a spiritually fulfilling life.

Tithing was a part of the Law that Jesus fulfilled. It has no place in the Church, don't let the shortcomings of man become a stumbling block between you and God. If you want to give, then do so, if not, then don't. That is the new Law for those who have been freed from the debt of sin.

top topics

join