It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ET is real, They're not our saviors...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: SLAYER69

And you know, the whole burnt offerings was around even after they left, even the cults of it still were around for a long time. You know the whole sacrifice offerings and children offerings at the altar of the gods, they even genetically modified whole lines of females for that specific task.

What's this? That got me curious, I hadn't heard this before. Would you elaborate? They modified women so they would burn better or was it a pineal gland thing? I'm not familiar with that theory.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: rival

What if Earth was originally some sort of Ark of life and we were supposed to be it's stewards?

Earth has had a vast array of life forms throughout it's history and in all it's varying environmental settings. I'm sure some would be adaptable to various conditions that we humans wouldn't be naturally on other planets.

I think you're on to something there in that our biodiversity makes Earth a nice sightseeing, scientific exploration/research stop, or hunting ground for any advanced otherworldly visitors, explorers, or hunters. Factor in the wide variety of climatic regions and the cyclical warming and cooling periods due to this planet's particular composition and structure and that adds even more diversity to the mix.

I'm not so sure that any race or group set it up this way exactly. I could see how this fact might make us attractive to potential visitors, though.

I think it's important to note that the wide range of climatic regions on this planet also might provide a more hospitable landing place than other planets of our size and composition that might be about. In effect Earth might have a better chance of being close to their home planet temperatures than other planets. If they like it colder, well its been a lot colder. If they like it warmer, well its been a little warmer, too.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Wouldn't there be giant pieces of fallen ships or other artifacts? Did the Vatican just swoop in and take them all??
AB

I wanted to reply to this even though it was just a small portion of your statement. Vatican or other secret broker, yeah, maybe...but if pieces fell from the sky where they could be found, if it was workable and able to be dissassembled people would have likely picked it to pieces in a week or two. They'd be at it like ants on a grasshopper. Think about it: an artifact that fell from the sky during a battle between the sky people! Everyone would want a piece of that! Not to mention that if it was usable, like high quality steel or a workable alloy, it would likely have been worked into something useable. Or people would hide their pieces away and keep it a secret, fearful of being robbed or having their find confiscated by the local authority, I would guess. The sixteenth century wasn't the best of times: the Reformation was underway, but the Rennaisance was only beginning.

I'm not saying it was or wasn't any specific type of event I just wanted to say that I think that if debris from the battle fell to the ground, we shouldn't necessarily assume that someone would have been hellbent on preserving that debris for posterity's sake. They would've wanted to have that "star metal" worked into their spear or plow blades most likely, whether they were from the Vatican or the local wheat field.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

There are more types of greys than you might think, as well as dozens of other of alien races. According to one NATO whistleblower, there are over fifty different alien races our govt has catalogued in the past seventy years. Some so hideous that guards asked to guard them go mad from fear.

This also got me curious. Do you have any links handy to threads or other sources on the different visitor races? I've heard of quite a few different races, but I'm always interested to learn more.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
To the Original Post:
While I can't discount the possibility that one or more of the factions of visitors might actually wish to benefit us, I would think that in general we'd better depend on ourselves to right our wrongs as a species and clean up our own messes. Whether otherworldly visitors make promises of castles in the sky, some great awakening, or whatever, we don't know for certain that they will follow through with that. I think people tend to find this notion attractive because it allows us to escape the reality that it is likely only we who can truly fix our problems, and that that may be a painful process.

Not our friends, though? All of them? I think your net's too wide, there. If, for the sake of argument, say we accept every encounter/abduction report as fact. Then there are a variety of species or factions of species encountered that claim benevolence. As doubtful as I am that they would all be truthful in making that claim, I am as equally doubtful that they are all lying.

Classic short grey encounters, though? Agreed, that doesn't seem too friendly. Neither does the "ancient gold mining operation slave masters" scenario, though mankind was aided by factions of this group according to the mythologies. Deception does seem to be a common theme with many of these encounters. Media spin to manipulate perception of the topic is also a factor that should be taken into consideration.

I would guess considering the raw numbers that the majority of encounters/abductions are not friendly experiences, but I could be wrong on this. Has anyone reading this taken a look at the numbers and broken them down? Certainly the "let's have coffee", or the "let me cure your cancer for you" encounter does seem to be more of a rare tale to my knowledge of the topic.

I have yet to read of the "I brought you this flying saucer" encounter, although I suppose if someone brought me a starship to play with I'd probably just get the hell off this gem for awhile and not bother to call MUfon on the way out. Not that they'd believe me anyway...they'd be like "well why don't you come land it" and then I'd be all like "I can't because I'd be violating restricted airspace laws" and then they'd go like "(Guffaw)well okay then mr. cutout have a nice day(click)" and then I'd be all like "no but wait wait, I was trying to report me as the...oh never mind"

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

Assuming s/he exists, why would satan go to those lengths to set up something that only fools a tiny minority of people, when religion is a far more effective tool, which controls and destroys the lives of billions?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Squirrels aren't intelligent creatures. No need for diplomacy. They tear up the roof and we agree to shoot BBs at them. They didn't consult me before they moved into the attic.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Sitchin is fascinating but I think he's a conman personally.

How so?

12/21/12 the Mayan calendar. Nibiru. How many bought in to that? How many suicides? How many spent sleepless nights in worry. Only to waken on the 22nd with a lot of Christmas shopping to get done because Christmas was still gonna happen after all.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: engineercutout
Its a theory from beyond the scary door. Like I said the outer limits of the twilight zone.

But lets just say that if by some chance in providence some advanced alien species come to earth and find a primitive ape like creature around. Things would not be all tea and crumpets. Even today if it were to happen, well we would end up on the short end of things pretty fast, faster then the aztecs or natives did when Columbus discovered American. Basically take any time in history were you have a superior force of different peoples come onto other less advanced people and that is likely what you would get even if it was on a planetary scale. You people cant even agree among yourselfs on any little insignificant things, so what makes you think another race would see you for anything but funny looking creatures who make funny noises with there face flaps?

So ya, male or female it does not matter as they are both equally inferior. Fair game to sort of say, only useful as far as there usefulness stretches.

Besides God or even Gods is a misnomer, in a true evolutionary stance such a concept is not likely to exist, just like cargo cults did not exist for Europeans or even as far back as ancient Egypt or Rome, there was only trade, but there were no peoples worshiping Cargo planes and the bounty they gave from the sky, look up what cargo cults are online and you will see what I am talking about. But for the most part I made all that # up. I can make a thousands such things and stories up. And chances are that whatever I make up is likely to be more real then what you all believe now or what you have been thought or conditioned to believe.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_

Assuming s/he exists, why would satan go to those lengths to set up something that only fools a tiny minority of people, when religion is a far more effective tool, which controls and destroys the lives of billions?

You're assuming (falsely) that Satan is not the author of religion, which he is.

The only true religion is a direct relationship with God. All others are a deception.

Satan is willing to fool as many people as he can. He knows he is doomed. His only option is to try to hurt God by taking as many innocent people with him as he can.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am now 100% sure. They were here in the past. And they are still here in the now. There were fights in the sky... written in the Vedas thousands of years ago, and even later - if you look for it you can always find hints about them e.g. Vision of Ezechiel, 1561 battle over Nuremberg, 1908 Tunguska Event had eye witnesses telling UFOs came from 8 directions battling etc.

Obviously the bad ones have won. Satan has won. We are used, abused, exploited. As is the planet. The battles were maybe caused by "animal rights activists" fighting for the "human animal" on this planet. But obviously they lost. Every single time. That's why we have such a mess here. And there are obviously people being "bought" by these creatures who continue messing it up all.

I watched a video lately (german though) about Landmann, a language scientist and what came out was something like this: human people are brought to planets to evolve, civilize and develop. But at the same time another faction tries to abuse and exploit the people. Almost like a game. A game between good and evil. You all remember the message in the "Dracula Untold" movie: "Let the games begin".

Awkward, isn't it?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
we better hope they have some compassion for us because they are the only ones who can save us from ourselves. you and a bunch of others here fall into the stereotypical Hollywood paradigm as far as figuring out how and why ETs do what they do (or not do). I think it's a mistake to anthropomorphize their intentions or to limit their technology to ours. People love to scoff and blow off the idea of ubiquitous ETs in our general vicinity but could they for just one minute entertain the thought that just because we are just now becoming aware of our galactic neighborhood, it doesn't mean other, older species haven't had the place figured out a long time ago. It's egocentric and naïve to think otherwise. Why doesn't this subject go away by now?

edit on 22-5-2015 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They're not our saviours? Neither is Jesus. You gotta do all of your own spiritual heavy lifting.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday
I am now 100% sure. They were here in the past. And they are still here in the now. There were fights in the sky... written in the Vedas thousands of years ago, and even later - if you look for it you can always find hints about them e.g. Vision of Ezechiel, 1561 battle over Nuremberg, 1908 Tunguska Event had eye witnesses telling UFOs came from 8 directions battling etc.

Obviously the bad ones have won. Satan has won. We are used, abused, exploited. As is the planet. The battles were maybe caused by "animal rights activists" fighting for the "human animal" on this planet. But obviously they lost. Every single time. That's why we have such a mess here. And there are obviously people being "bought" by these creatures who continue messing it up all.

I watched a video lately (german though) about Landmann, a language scientist and what came out was something like this: human people are brought to planets to evolve, civilize and develop. But at the same time another faction tries to abuse and exploit the people. Almost like a game. A game between good and evil. You all remember the message in the "Dracula Untold" movie: "Let the games begin".

Awkward, isn't it?

The quotes in the Vedas hardly describe advanced technology. Rather something from a steampunk novel.

edit on 22-5-2015 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

Steampunk?

That's still rather interesting considering the time frame.

Ancient Sci fi before Sci fi was cool.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Or maybe its all myth created to appease the ego and control the masses.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
The quotes in the Vedas hardly describe advanced technology. Rather something from a steampunk novel.

I have read were different things, e.g. cities in the sky, flight vehicles which looked like a big house or tower. These were then remade on the earth which are now "sacral buildings". And battles in the sky.
Apart from that there is a translation (difficult to understand though) of advanced flight technology (Vimanas) based on copper and its connection with magnets = electric motors, steam, air pressure, mercury vortices, how to create invisibility cloaks, etc. "Steampunk fantasy"? A little bit too detailed for that, especially the part with electric motors made convinced me that there were people who knew this stuff. THousands of years ago. Yeah... history is lie.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherdaytoday
...there is a translation (difficult to understand though) of advanced flight technology (Vimanas) based on copper and its connection with magnets = electric motors, steam, air pressure, mercury vortices, how to create invisibility cloaks, etc. "Steampunk fantasy"? A little bit too detailed for that, especially the part with electric motors made convinced me that there were people who knew this stuff. THousands of years ago. Yeah... history is lie.

There is no such thing. The source of all those ridiculous claims is the Vaimānika Shāstra, a text which was "channeled" sometime between 1918 and 1952. Besides that, most (if not all) of the "science" in it has since been proven to be incorrect. Of course that wasn't known when it was written early in the 20th century.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It was channeled? Oh noes... I hate these damn channelings

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Whats with all the Anal probing?

After watching us for so long, every once in awhile, they have
to make random checks.

To see if our brains are stuffed up there.

I'll take it as an indication that this idea

ain't gonna fly.
edit on Ram52315v21201500000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join