It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 hrs to Mile wide Asteroid nears Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've noticed people online are frantic about this, particularily in relation to a prophecy held by Nostradamus that the World would end in May. So, i wanted some feedback, will we be deleted from the game finally? Will a nuke shatter the dome surrounding the earth? Will doom proceed within the next 24 hrs? I want to know!

www.breaking-news.ca... e-biggest-ever-to-threaten-a-collision-with-earth

A COLOSSAL asteroid hurtling through space is feared to be one of the biggest EVER to threaten a collision with Earth. Asteroid 1999 FN53 is travelling faster than 30,000 mph and will brush terrifyingly close to Earth on Thursday.The asteroid is currently hurtling around the Earth fifty times faster than a jumbo jet and double the speed of a space rocket.. Though several million miles away astronomers fear a slight deviation from its orbit will put it on a headlong collision course with the planet. The gigantic missile thought to measure almost a mile across will brush closer than previous monsters which have sparked a global panic.Worried astronomers warned 1999 FN53, which is an eighth of the size of Mount Everest, will skim the Earth in THREE DAYS. A collision would be nothing short of catastrophic triggering mass destruction, earthquakes and global extinction. The monster is more than TEN TIMES bigger than other meteorites currently visible on NASA’s Near Earth Object radar.

edit on 5/13/2015 by awareness10 because: aliens

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10 Unlike Hollywood, our wonderful glorious leaders would not tell us anything, hoping it would just sail on by so they can claim superiority and continue to lie, cheat, and steal from their slaves. This thing by the way is not close enough to even give any view without a scope, so do not fret...we are just peachy....for now....

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

Thanks for the vote of confidence
I actually wouldn't mind having a reason to break out the popcorn and beer")

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
5381 Sekhmet is the only asteroid I know of that size set to near the Earth soon. However passing near (?) the Earth is very subjective.At a distance of 63x the distance from the Earth to the Moon that is not even close. (LD - 62.8 with 1 LD=238,900 miles) at 15050700 miles app.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
in astronomical terms it's close.....but, it's still 6 million miles, and our moon circles at 238,900 miles, that more than 24 times the distance, than the orbit of the moon....it's not going to destroy the earth, tone the panic and hysteria down please.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Another source:

Express Article

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to pass something like 6 million miles from Earth - far from "terrifyingly close" as they claim.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
will we be deleted from the game finally? Will a nuke shatter the dome surrounding the earth? Will doom proceed within the next 24 hrs?

I hate cliffhangers, You'll just have to tune in next time just like the rest of us to find out.

In the meantime, Lay off the Kool-Aid, Drink more Ovaltine.
edit on 13-5-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Close in cosmic terms, but not collision close. What amazes me is we've only been monitoring for these things lately. That means these babies been doing flybys of earth for eons…

Also shows how rare an impact is. What we don't know doesn't worry us.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
in astronomical terms it's close.....but, it's still 6 million miles, and our moon circles at 238,900 miles, that more than 24 times the distance, than the orbit of the moon....it's not going to destroy the earth, tone the panic and hysteria down please.

I take it humor isn't your strongest feature.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed. Thank you.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Another source:

Express Article

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to pass something like 6 million miles from Earth - far from "terrifyingly close" as they claim.

Yes i know, it's just interesting how all outlets are saying the same terrifying thing. fear fear and more fear!

top topics

join