It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP misrepresented - again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The thing is, it's the media who control what is public. All these BBC articles about in fighting and bickering - it happens in all parties - they've all come from a background where they were highly competitive BETWEEN EACH OTHER.

As Freeborn says - it's a pointless debate/discussion really because the other politicians do not love the people, they love power and money.

Power and money.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Yes and no, while it's not technically demanded in the constitution, the 1973 speaker's amendment introduced a codified process -

I wasn't aware of that detail, I must admit.
I based my comments on knowing the outlines of history, so I haven't actually got any links to share.
I still hate the idea, for the same reason that I hate the idea of proportional representation. It enforces a "party identity" on people, and it's a constitutional novelty. Historically, we are individuals voting for an individual to represent our locality.

P.S. In fact I'd be grateful if you could provide more details of the 1973 "amendment". All I can find on google is a reference to elections on change-of-party in 1973 and 1982. No suggestion on that page that it was anything other than personal decision.

edit on 14-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Anyone watch question time last night?

I thought Brian May must have read this thread too

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I think this guy represents him quite well actually

.www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-5-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Can't watch at mo no sound..... but if it's UKIP on the BBC it will be propaganda paid for by Tories.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Well it is a news report on the BBC and the guy reporting says " a massive personality c###" instead of cult - he says it twice actually.
I can't embed because the offensive word appears in the videos title.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I watched it, Farage and Brian May on the show??? Damn right.

Farage said, quite sincerely, they did not want the money Carswell was entitled to, they want to be different from the other parties, and they will get the money they need through fundraising.

Brian never ceases to amaze me, greatest guitarist of all time (IMO), scientist and now apparently knows a good bit about politics and has a good opinion on the subject.....

I have a replica of his guitar (Burns Red Special), Queen, to me, are probably the greatest British band, if not one of the greatest bands there has ever been, so my opinion isn't biased at all.....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Problem is, Queen played whites only gigs in apartheid SA...

Link (Thanks to DW for pointing this out).

So kind of reinforces the bad ideologies of UKIP followers. However - I hear again on the radio the massive promotion of 'infighting within UKIP' - the exact propaganda May is referring too.

It was a good one though. Farage did very well.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: stargatetravels

Can't watch at mo no sound..... but if it's UKIP on the BBC it will be propaganda paid for by Tories.

Absolute nonsense. The Tories have very strong ties to Murdoch (see Coulson, Whittingdale et al) are anti-BBC, call the license fee a poll tax and want to scrap it altogether. Gov has zero say in BBC output and certainly can't pay for it as every other newspaper would expose the corruption to get it banned.

originally posted by: woogleuk
Farage said, quite sincerely, they did not want the money Carswell was entitled to, they want to be different from the other parties, and they will get the money they need through fundraising.

Lol. Farage and the party are notorious for expenses fraud to the tune of millions and was exposed in leaked emails as demanding the money. Nothing sincere about it.
edit on 16-5-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Just how right are these guys??

Never heard of 'em 'til just now. Not too surprising, I suppose.

I'm learning, but all these parties are hard to keep track off. Especially when one doesn't have a dog in the fight, so to speak.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If the vote is next year, as expected, if it was hypothetically a 'yay', would UKIP dissolve or do you think it would morph to something else, like EngIP?.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Unless you are a farmer or hater of badgers. Not sure about Brian May, maybe it's the persistent 80's hair or the Bono ''I am a rich, famous musician therefore a politician by stealth'' factor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join