It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked information revealed by a mason

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hramason

well said mate...i was wondering about the ethics of that...if they encouraged it ot not...the hard part was both were my friends

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Putting ethics and morals aside, promoting someone simply because of a fraternal tie and not due to merit or performance is just bad business. If it is in a small business setting I'm going to put the person in who has performed the best and enhanced the image of my business. The same goes in corporate or government, the one getting things done and excelling is the one I'm going to promote.

To be working with a Brother, I'd probably be harder on them than anyone else because I'll expect more out of them.

Plus painting the fraternity in such a bad light is not worth promoting a Brother over someone more qualified. Plus, it's immoral and unethical to do something nepotistic like that.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wouldn't read to much into that bud!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Interesting, I thought it was universal, but I know im lacking in some details. On the topic of Scotland, its curious to note how Scotland since ancient times has used the original christian cross (an "X") as their flag, and the legends of the Paris grand lodge on rue de Temple, on the real fri 13, evacuating their treasures to scotland (which contrary to some Da Vinci code enthusiasts didnt contain any bones but valuables and ledgers) in cogs. That ofcourse discounting whatever was evacuated from Bezoirs in the Albigensian crusade into the pyrenees and onward.

few people know the story of the Cathars, maybe uour order could do something about that, the peacefull coexistence of people of all religions, and tragic mass suicide in Carcassonne & the last stand at Montsegur is quite an inspiration if told truthfully.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MacChiavell1
Here is an image I put together of the "tree" of Freemasonry:

That doesn't accurately depict the degree structure or hierarchy within each group, but the important thing to remember is that the Blue Lodge (the "MM" in my picture is the Blue Lodge) is central to all Masonry and one must be a Master Mason to join the others, and losing membership in the Lodge due to non-payment of dues or expulsion will result in a loss of membership in the others.

Scottland uses St. Andrew's Cross and there are many theories regarding Scotland and the Knights Templar. Stephen Dafoe wrote a good book on the subject called "Compasses and the Cross." Robert Cooper also has many good books on Roslyn Chapel.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andre18

Your boss appears to have a major in hearsay and rumors.

I don't know any masons on a first name basis but I know enough to know that are not as nefarious or malignant as the internet will tell you. The internet will tell you that they are a secret sect of elites that live in pyramidal fortresses of solitude but in reality they can be pillars of a community that happen to keep there beliefs to themselves.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

"Interesting point: During my last deployment to Iraq, I was stationed near the Ziggurat at Ur where Abraham was said to have been born."

Indeed, but the Assyrians made some creative enhancements to the original texts. Abraham definitely took with him the Assyrian account and not the Sumerian, in the sumerian the sun god was called Utu, and the god fearing priest-king something ive forgotten (sorry), and who landed in the land of Dilmun (Bahrain) afer 6days and 7nights, whereas the Assyrians speak of King Utu-nipishtu and 7days, 7nights and the location of landing in the Kurdish mountains.

By the way, for all the nay-sayers, neither Dilmun nor the Flood are myths without historical basis, for example wheb the British first found the remains of Ur (founded approx 3500yrs ago), they found it rested on a 3m layer of silt/mud under which an even older large settlement was founf, and ancient Dilmun has been dug up as well.
edit on 1352015 by MacChiavell1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well I have to say the OP came right out of the gate with judgement. By my tally, including my now spry 45 y.o. Self who became a member 15 years ago, I'd say the average age of masons in this sample is 40. As for drinking well brethren you know the wheres and the whys and the whens. Now I have traveled both sides and many appendants as well, both the north as well the south. I have also sat in the east and the west. My family runs a long way back in the fraternity and if all this conjecture was true and I haven't heard of it then maybe I just have more traveling to do And I'm glad I'm on the in rather the out both for me and my family. More likely then not, if it's false then regardless of opinion I will have been made a better man and still I'm glad fro my family and I hat I'm on the in then the out. So Mote it Be!
edit on 13-5-2015 by bkfd54 because: Structure

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I know quite a few masons and a few have become good friends. They are not involved in any grand conspiracy, nor do they really have any knowledge of what is in our future.

The men I know are very spiritual, honest men that use the lodge as a way to serve their communities and become more "enlightened" individuals.

I may have become a mason myself at some point, but I am not a religious person and will not profess to worship any god. So that disqualifies me. I also have issues with symbol and rituals.

Anyway, if you ever want to learn the secrets of the masons, just go online to your local temple and fill out a membership form. Yes, you can apply online. Or at least download the pdf application.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The men I know are very spiritual, honest men that use the lodge as a way to serve their communities and become more "enlightened" individuals.

You have a very good idea of what it means to be a Mason.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The guy sounds like a whack-job to me.
The Masons are a bunch of old guys that are dying off because they are having trouble finding new and younger members. They get together and eat, drink and be merry... and some networking occurs.
They have no control over the world at large in some weird conspiracy.

LOL!

What a crappy downplay that was! You judge FM by the surface you see, and your own ideas of FM which come from...?

No one gets in on the dig, unless they prove themselves.

Regarding all the stuff he told you OP; it's not very secret because eveything you said, is on YouTube!

FM is an open global community; any gentleman csn get in.
The highest knowledge of FM, one must be proven and commited to their agenda and ways of things.

I knowany everyday masons; most are dumb and have no idea what this world is about, just joined because they want a sense of belonging or brotherhood.

Those in the know, on the other hand, are different men, intellectually and very influenctial people.. like presidents

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I respect your atheism, but doesnt such a stance feel quite existentially empty? I mean even though you dont acknowlege any "supernatural being" dont you agree that the miracle of the Big Bang more or less demands a starting or enabling "energy" (for a lack of better word). Acknowledging a "Great Architect" in no way means you support some intelligent design apart from in enabling the infinite possibilities that evolution has brought about.

and acknowledging that something - whatever it may be - has created the "spark" is all you need

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
Putting ethics and morals aside, promoting someone simply because of a fraternal tie and not due to merit or performance is just bad business. If it is in a small business setting I'm going to put the person in who has performed the best and enhanced the image of my business. The same goes in corporate or government, the one getting things done and excelling is the one I'm going to promote.

To be working with a Brother, I'd probably be harder on them than anyone else because I'll expect more out of them.

Plus painting the fraternity in such a bad light is not worth promoting a Brother over someone more qualified. Plus, it's immoral and unethical to do something nepotistic like that.

You know , in my lodges we know what one another does for a living but very rarely do we talk about it . Have I recommended Brothers to friends and family ? Sure , if they are reputable . But I have also steered people away from some brother's businesses .

A few examples ....

One of my lodge brothers owns his own roofing company . My elderly neighbor asked if I knew any roofers who could replace the shingles on her house , I said I did know someone but I would not recommend them to her . Too expensive and not the best work ethic .

Another brother owns his own plumbing company , I would not recommend him to anyone . He worked in the lodge building and jacked it all up .

Another brother owns his own garage and body shop . My mother's car was dinged up in a fender bender . I had her take her car to him . He does a great job and a good price and she was very happy with her car when he finished with it .

A lodge brother own his own furnace company , I would recommend him to anyone .

Would I hire brethren if I owned my own company ? Depends on the man , but I would not hire simply because he is fellow Mason . I know a lot of lazy Masons .
edit on 13-5-2015 by Stonecutter45 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2015 by Stonecutter45 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The guy sounds like a whack-job to me.
The Masons are a bunch of old guys that are dying off because they are having trouble finding new and younger members. They get together and eat, drink and be merry... and some networking occurs.
They have no control over the world at large in some weird conspiracy.

I would disagree - average Masonic members in smaller cities, towns, have no influence or control over the world at large. However, the larger temples/lodges (like in Washington, DC and Philadelphia) exert a much stronger influence over the world at large, and it's members are among the political elite.

Butcher guy's assessment of smaller city lodges are correct. But given lodges are relatively segregated and the real power depends on the location of the lodge and how old it is can determine it's overall influence.

Andre18, also keep in mind that the symbolism this particular Mason is sharing isn't restricted to Masons as a group because a lot of it's symbols predate the Masons as a group.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

LOL! What a crappy downplay that was! You judge FM by the surface you see, and your own ideas of FM which come from...?

I am no longer active.
I went through my degree work to attain the 32nd degree (Scottish Rite).
Does that count?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Guy is gaging YOU. I would take it all with a mound of sand

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I would also add this - his timeline seems fairly accurate. This is based solely on astrological data (sacred geometry). I don't want to bore people here with the specifics, eyes glaze over.

Needless to say, we have planetary influences in play (now) and coming into play (fall 2015) that will provide a combination of 1929 Great Depression and 1776 American Revolution. I am not hopeful for the time period of Fall 2015 through mid 2017.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacChiavell1

I respect your atheism, but doesnt such a stance feel quite existentially empty? I mean even though you dont acknowlege any "supernatural being" dont you agree that the miracle of the Big Bang more or less demands a starting or enabling "energy" (for a lack of better word). Acknowledging a "Great Architect" in no way means you support some intelligent design apart from in enabling the infinite possibilities that evolution has brought about.

and acknowledging that something - whatever it may be - has created the "spark" is all you need

I am not an atheist. I'm agnostic. While I don't believe there is enough evidence to suggest that there is one god to worship, I am not opposed to the possibility that there may be a god/creator. In fact, I'm fairly certain there is a creator, but I have yet to meet him. I like to think that we were designed by an intelligent being and that there is a grand purpose to life, but I have failed it seeing what that is.

It's not within my personality to bow down and worship someone or some thing. Given my personality, being introverted obviously, I would think that if there was an intelligent creator that wanted me to know something or prove something to me, he would find a way to communicate with me that meant something to me. If I have to profess my devotion based on nothing but blind faith, I'm out.

I live quite a good life. I have a family that I love dearly and that I devote my time and energy towards. Honestly, there is an empty space in my life. But it has nothing to do with a lack of religion or faith. It's an empty space that is there because of a lack of friendship. I have very little free time to socialize and when I do have the opportunity, I find myself "shutting down" because the vast majority of people want to do and talk about things that are meaningless. I like a quality conversation that expands my area of thought. Most people want to talk about last night's football game, what was on TV or how fun it was to get blasted at that party last weekend. So I usually find myself being forced out of social situations because I'm not a "sheep" and spend my time differently than most.

That's why I enjoy my conversation with my masonic acquaintances. They talk substance. Not idiocy. But those talks seem to be rare.

Sorry to go off on a tangent here. You just asked a question and I feel obliged to answer with as much context as I feel necessary.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't know sir, you tell me. .. what knowledge have you gained since?

Societies like that creep me out. Especially no females, I love females.

What a sausage fest FM is... LOL

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't know sir, you tell me. .. what knowledge have you gained since?

Societies like that creep me out. Especially no females, I love females.

What a sausage fest FM is... LOL

So the military creeps you out ? No women in boot camp or my artillery unit when I was in the Corps . None when I served aboard ship (at least then) .

So what creeps you out ? Tell me what you know about it that creeps you out .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join