It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked information revealed by a mason

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Is this a riddle?a reply to: solve

Solve the riddle?
edit on 13-5-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: andre18
The guy sounds like a whack-job to me.
The Masons are a bunch of old guys that are dying off because they are having trouble finding new and younger members. They get together and eat, drink and be merry... and some networking occurs.
They have no control over the world at large in some weird conspiracy.

I would rather think that masons are dying out because of the money part...
Honestly these societies thrive because some individuals are lead to believe its special to be part off. But who the # who be so stupid to put loads of money into societies like these.....?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Seriously can we get over this Masonicphobia already ?

This is pure elementary "conspiracy" poop !

Every year I think it has ended on ATS ,some bull# artist fills a members head with trash then it's right back on the boards again.

Pardon my harsh tone but it's Old already .......

just saying ...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
We do have many old men, but we're far from dying off. We're shrinking down from what we were in the mid-20th century, but during that time the Lodge became a factory and started many bad practices. That combined with the counter-culture revolution Freemasonry declined greatly and with the baby-boomers dying off, we're shrinking. However we are starting to revive with younger men, such as myself who has been a member for nearly 9-years now and I'm only 30. My Lodge is very active with officers primarily in the 30s or late 20s.

Freemasonry isn't just a knife and fork club, although, some think so, but we've never had some sinister NWO goal either.

a reply to: richcranium
You forgot eating babies...well, I guess you could include that with all the sacrificies.

a reply to: threeeyesopen
You're not asked to join.

Plus joining for such reasons is reprehensible and he could be expelled for such things.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Long pig?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

YEAH !!! There it is !11 The other side of the coin .....

I was asked to join but .....

They do nothing but help each other get jobs (or promote each others jobs) !
They do nothing but get each other out of trouble !
Their little "secret club" is full of fat guys !
Their little "secret club" is nothing but old guys !

Darn LAME asses !! I'm gonna rant about them on the interwebs !!! That'll show 'em ! They don't do any thing useful anymore (with the exception of the millions of dollars a day they give to various charities and children's hospitals ) .

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Freemasonry isn't just a knife and fork club, although, some think so,

You are correct.
It is a knife, fork and open your wallet club.
The money goes to good causes.

I was the youngest member at my lodge when I was 40. Most were retired gentlemen.
To the best of my knowledge, they still are old guys.
You can tell me all about how young they are where you are now, but I know what I ran into and wasn't twentysomethings or even thirtysomethings. They were 50, 60, 70 somethings.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

But who the f*** who be so stupid to put loads of money into societies like these.....?

It costs me around $250 a year, not exactly what I would call 'loads'.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
Long pig?

The smaller and cuter kind.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Type of Lodge? I'm thinking this guy is feeding you BS.

Either way, even if you as a mason don't believe or agree with this information, that would simply indicate to me you haven't been clued in.

Right...that's rational. I may not know everything, but I've research enough and experienced enough to know this story is false.

Freemasonry isn't a religion. Nor do we recruit.

a reply to: MacChiavell1
Baal was used for a variety of reasons. It had everyday meanings as well as being used not as a proper name, but as a description. It was used as a name of a city, a person's name, and in combination with someone's name (as well as various god's names). It was also used as "master", "owner", and "husband".

Modern day christianity would not be recognizable by either Jesus or Peter, nor prince Linus of Britain (the first official Bishop of Rome)

Agreed.

We're just simply pointing the false information, it discredits itself.

Either way the truth will come at next year and then all the fingers will be pointing at you and not a single one of you will be able to deny it.

Uh huh....LOL Yes, yes, predictions always come true. Just look through this forum at the graveyard of unfulfilled prophecies and predictions. LMAO!

Point your finger, we Masons have done nothing wrong and your little story is not proof of anything. I'm not pleading ignorance, I KNOW for a fact that your story is wrong.

What I think is "cute" is that some keyboard jockey with a story thinks they are in the know of what "high level" Freemasonry does and we ACTUAL members are not. Do you actually think anyone takes you serious? You have "leaked" nothing. You've just perpetuated some looney stereotype without a hint of knowledge of the facts.

a reply to: flice
That's not why we join nor is it loads of money. It isn't cheap, but the money goes to good causes.

a reply to: butcherguy
When I first joined I was by far the youngest, but in recent years it has changed a lot. Even in some of the invite-only groups its starting to get younger and younger.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Stonecutter45

Ya I thought they were lame...They also asked if I believed in god and I said no...then they asked if at least believed in a higher power and I said I really don't know one way or another...and I mentioned...the only thing I saw them do was give to charities which I was already doing with vets so I didn't need a second group to help me do that which came along with a bunch of memorization. As a vet you already did your time.

And ya in regards to promotions...ive seen a mason promote another mason who was under qualified for the position. When it was appealed they had to demote the mason and put the correct guy who was next in line. Do you think that is acceptable?

So you just rehashed my entire post and added nothing new. I don't get what you are trying to do. Are you a mason and now feel bad or something?
edit on 13-5-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes, Indeed, has its roots in the pre-judaic world. Abraham after all came from Assyria, and that meant adopting their particular set of deities, including their version of the flood (gilgamesh).

As an addendum to the original post, the Boaz/Jaachim (the two pillars) comparison to the WTC is quite ludicrous, they were pillars in the original temple of Suleiman/Solomon, and are in nopossible way related to a conspiracy of the masons or anyone, I mean really, why would the masons symbolically destroy anything sacred to their order?

Unfortunately im not a member, nor eligible because of my criminal past, but I habe always wanted to join them. The history and true meaning of Freemasonry (amongst other like rosicrucianism for example) are fascinating.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They aren't crazy nor are they a threat to society. Most Masons I know are good people. Of course you will meet a few that are a little overzelious, but that happens everywhere in society.

Sounds just like the large religious groups full of average Joes and they affect society and some are a threat. What is the organization at the top what is it about in the world, the religions claim to be there to spread love and peace.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Freemasonry isn't just a knife and fork club, although, some think so,

You are correct.
It is a knife, fork and open your wallet club.
The money goes to good causes.

I was the youngest member at my lodge when I was 40. Most were retired gentlemen.
To the best of my knowledge, they still are old guys.
You can tell me all about how young they are where you are now, but I know what I ran into and wasn't twentysomethings or even thirtysomethings. They were 50, 60, 70 somethings.

As a DDGM , I visited every lodge in my district many times and I have seen a mix , along with lodges across the Commonwealth and many other states . One lodge in my district is dying off because it is full of very old men . Then you have some lodges that are full of very young men , then lodges that are a healthy mix of young and old .

My second lodge has a chair line full of young men in their 20's and 30's with the Secretary and the Treasurer being the oldest (Those two jobs need someone with the time so it is usually retirees ) .

Many men join when they are young but life comes before lodge . They have jobs , kids , friends, family and they are always busy . They pay their dues through the years and after the children are grown , they have either retired or nearing retirement and life is slowing down they find their way back to their lodge and become active .

I became a Mason in my early 30's and I am now nearing my 50's and Brothers will show up to lodge and who they are I have no idea . BUT , they have been Masons far longer than I , they have retired and want to become active Masons and be an officer in the lodge .

So Yes , you will find lodges "full of old guys" , But it is not because young men do not want to be Masons , it is because the older brethren finally have time to devote to the lodge .

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think the highest order in the Masons is the 33rd...the supposed age Yeshua "died"/"ascended to the Kingdom of Heaven"

Interesting fact: tje Essenes had a "cloister" called the Kingdom of Heaven, led by the Zedekite i.e. the high priest of Jerusalem, a.k.a. the Melchior/Michael. His highest ranking aides were the "Gabriel" and "Uriel"

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

"So Yes , you will find lodges "full of old guys" , But it is not because young men do not want to be Masons , it is because the older brethren finally have time to devote to the lodge ."

Right cause there is no way someone would say no to the masons!!! Most of us who were asked did nothing more than inquire what is it all about...and although I think the masons do a lot for communities and are a benevolent group I don't agree with some things they do (the promotions story in my last post) and many of us just didn't have the time or care to join.
edit on 13-5-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: ATS is buggy today

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You should have took the job if it was a good one. We Freemasons control nothing. If we did, I wouldn't be worked by 2 jobs. This guy was either yanking your chain or a real nut job.

In response to the Masons being old and dying off. My lodge's median age is 38. I'm 33 and the lodge is constantly finding younger people who want to be Freemasons. Many younger folks such as myself enjoy hanging out with others regardless of age that hold many of the same moral values that I do.

Masonry is a Fraternity. Saying we run things is like saying the Elks lodge or the Eagles are setting up a NWO. Get real. People talk. If that was the case everyone would know. Every moron I hear( not implying you are) spouting about how they KNOW about Freemasonry usually gives me a link to a website that has some guy who wears a tinfoil hat out and out making crap up to get your attention.

My point is, Masonry has no secrets. Everything is out there. Problem is the tin foil hats muddy the waters with some wild and crazy things. I get a kick out of ridiculous. That's why I'm here. But, some of this is so out there, I can't believe ANYONE would believe it.

What lodge did this guy belong to and what was his name? If he is a Mason a brother needs to pull him aside and talk to him to be a little less silly. And if he is serious in being a nut job , maybe have someone high in his jurisdiction set his m straight on Masonry. Ridiculous.

Sorry for ranting. Lol a reply to: andre18

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So Yes , you will find lodges "full of old guys" , But it is not because young men do not want to be Masons , it is because the older brethren finally have time to devote to the lodge .

Then there was a whole lot of wasted time explaining why the dues were going up because there are no new members coming in and the fact that the members that we had were old and that if things continued the way they were... the lodge would end up closing at some point because year after year the membership was steadily decreasing.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Then there was a whole lot of wasted time explaining why the dues were going up because there are no new members coming in and the fact that the members that we had were old and that if things continued the way they were... the lodge would end up closing at some point because year after year the membership was steadily decreasing.

Actually , I am of a small minority that is happy to see lodges closing and the membership dwindling . Freemasonry was never meant to be huge , there are too many lodges and at one time too many members . After WWII , my second lodge had almost 3,000 members . Many of whom should have never been Masons in the first place . Now we are getting back to 200 members (Still too many for me) . The ship is finally righting itself .

Dues should be much higher and lodges should have smaller membership numbers IMHO . We are now working on starting up a TO (Traditional Observance) lodge , we will only allow 50 members and no more , you MUST attend lodge we will rent a space for meetings (No building ) . It was the young Masons who started this idea . They want more out of Masonry than a knife and fork club .

We are not dying off , we are getting back to where we should have always been .

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We aren't supposed to promote other Masons just because. That is actually something you can get kicked for. I am a vet and a Mason. I joined to help charities. We help many children. I love that. I also give to veteran charities and veterinarian charities. Just because I give to one doesn't mean I don't want to give elsewhere. Plus, just being a vet doesn't mean I'm done giving. Being a mason means trying to make the world a better place around you. No one is judging you for doing that and not being a Mason. But, I enjoy it. You don't have to join. We aren't allowed to recruit. Again, that can get you kicked. Don't judge masonry by one or two folks. Just like any organization, you are sure to find a turd in the punch bowl. Sorry you have been jaded by a few bad eggs. a reply to: rockpaperhammock

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting point: During my last deployment to Iraq, I was stationed near the Ziggurat at Ur where Abraham was said to have been born.

As an addendum to the original post, the Boaz/Jaachim (the two pillars) comparison to the WTC is quite ludicrous, they were pillars in the original temple of Suleiman/Solomon, and are in nopossible way related to a conspiracy of the masons or anyone, I mean really, why would the masons symbolically destroy anything sacred to their order?

I always found that funny.

The 33rd is a degree in the Scottish Rite. It is an honorary degree bestowed upon those who have elected to receive it for their service. The Scottish Rite is just one branch in a much larger tree. The Scottish Rite though does not have authority over the Blue Lodge, it has authority only over itself.

In America, there is also the York Rite, which degrees are structured and named different when you starting going around the world. There's also a host of other organizations not in the York Rite or Scottish Rite that many join. The York Rite also has many invitation-only groups that one can be a member of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join