It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea executes defence chief with an anti-aircraft gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't know if this is pure propaganda by the South Koreans. But hell... what a way to go. Right infront of an anti-aircraft gun.

Kim Jong Un is certainly living upto his fathers name. This and his recent ballistic missile launched from a sub the other day. The guy is a psychopath.

North Korea executed its defence chief by putting him in front of an anti-aircraft gun at a firing range, Seoul's National Intelligence Service told lawmakers, the latest in a series of high-level purges since Kim Jong Un took charge in Pyongyang.

Hyon Yong Chol, 66, who headed the isolated country's military, was charged with treason, including disobeying Kim and falling asleep during an event at which North Korea's young leader was present, according to South Korean lawmakers briefed in a closed-door meeting with the spy agency on Wednesday. His execution was watched by hundreds of people, they said. It was not clear how the NIS obtained the information and it is not possible to independently verify such reports from within secretive North Korea.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
More crap. We had:

death by 100 starving dogs ... was propaganda
death by mortars .............. was propaganda
death by land mine ............ was propaganda

So much crap trying to convince us that NK is some weird nation at odds with the rest of the world.

Now, truly, it might be.

But I have never seen anything that offers proof.

So in ATS lingo

Pics or it did not happen.

I read this yesterday and wondered how long it would take to appear here. I was thinking that perhaps ATS had learned after all of the previous examples.

Oh well.

P

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
*sniff, sniff*

Anybody else smell that? Smells like BS to me...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If it were true, I wouldn't want to clean up that mess.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've literally just heard of this on the news now. Somethin tells me it could be true (obviously I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't) But I mean it seems a bit of a stupid thing to lie about, as this is a rather extreme way to punish what seems like fairly "mundane" errors. Yea remove him from his position or sack him completely, maybe fine or imprison him if you wanted to be harsh. But to execute him is a bit extreme. Regardless of the way it's carried out.

But yea, things like this make me think, surely it's an obvious ploy (true or not) to bait in some foreign country into intervening.

If memory serves me right, there's a video on LiveLeak somewhere of someone getting executed in front of an anti-air gun. (Possibly ISIS related) Maybe that's where he got the idea from heheh. And if it is true, then the only good side is that it would be a pretty quick death. Although it's a pretty brutal way to go.

I am intrigued by the Korea situation, as in all my research it seems like it's gonna be a kind of catalyst of some sorts in regards to a big political play at some point.

I mean it's dictatorial at the highest level. And countries such as America can't surely stand by oblivious when they've intervened in other foreign nations for exactly the same type of inhumane crimes.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
More crap. We had:

death by 100 starving dogs ... was propaganda
death by mortars .............. was propaganda
death by land mine ............ was propaganda

So much crap trying to convince us that NK is some weird nation at odds with the rest of the world.

Now, truly, it might be.

But I have never seen anything that offers proof.

So in ATS lingo

Pics or it did not happen.

I read this yesterday and wondered how long it would take to appear here. I was thinking that perhaps ATS had learned after all of the previous examples.

Oh well.

P

Yeah, I get your point. However, there is enough evidence from people escaping NK that there has to be truth to it being an oppressive gov.

One time, I was thinking about what if NK was one big CIA experiment, lol.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OwenUK
I've literally just heard of this on the news now. Somethin tells me it could be true (obviously I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't) But I mean it seems a bit of a stupid thing to lie about, as this is a rather extreme way to punish what seems like fairly "mundane" errors. Yea remove him from his position or sack him completely, maybe fine or imprison him if you wanted to be harsh. But to execute him is a bit extreme. Regardless of the way it's carried out.

But yea, things like this make me think, surely it's an obvious ploy (true or not) to bait in some foreign country into intervening.

If memory serves me right, there's a video on LiveLeak somewhere of someone getting executed in front of an anti-air gun. (Possibly ISIS related) Maybe that's where he got the idea from heheh. And if it is true, then the only good side is that it would be a pretty quick death. Although it's a pretty brutal way to go.

I am intrigued by the Korea situation, as in all my research it seems like it's gonna be a kind of catalyst of some sorts in regards to a big political play at some point.

I mean it's dictatorial at the highest level. And countries such as America can't surely stand by oblivious when they've intervened in other foreign nations for exactly the same type of inhumane crimes.

As to your final sentence, one key of knowledge that is essential is realizing that historically, the US does not intervene really for humanitarian purposes nor freedom. The government uses that excuse to intervene for geo-political reasons when it wants to. If there is not a pressing geo-political reason (Sudan, Rwanda, etc), the West will not intervene. It's really that simple.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Ah I agree that is very true. I suppose there isn't too much "spoils of war" to be achieved from it. Such as the oil in Iraq etc.

Although I suppose I don't totally refer to it being America that would be the one intervening. I suppose it's more of a China/Russia problem before it's an American one. If you know what I mean. Sometimes it's hard writing a single brief post and still be able to account for every variable

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OwenUK
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Ah I agree that is very true. I suppose there isn't too much "spoils of war" to be achieved from it. Such as the oil in Iraq etc.

Although I suppose I don't totally refer to it being America that would be the one intervening. I suppose it's more of a China/Russia problem before it's an American one. If you know what I mean. Sometimes it's hard writing a single brief post and still be able to account for every variable

Well, I agree that China and Russia should do something. It was the USSR that propped up North Korea for decades with both military support and such things as vast fuel subsidies.

It is China too that supported NK in the Korean War and stopped the Americans. They still have cozy relationships with NK, perhaps encouraging them as a buffer to the West.

new topics

top topics

join