It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Politician Accuses Scientists of Burning Dissenters Alive:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony
Perhaps he could have used a different analogy, but in a sense he isn't wrong about how things seem now. For instance if one believes the climate does in fact change but that man is not the prime cause, you are then denigrated by Bill Nye and the rest of the climate scientist community. If one believes for any reason in a higher power, they too are subjected to denigration by evolutionist.

Its come to a point where it seems the scientific community has begun to resort to slander if you don't agree with them, which closes the door on discussion and debate in favor of "the science is in, because we say so".

But here is the difference science is not dogma, and is subject to change based off new evidence unless one is talking about stuff in quantum physics or mechanics where weird stuff actually happens, religions is no such thing and will take centuries if ever to admit error.

There is dogma in science. Science is subjected to its people just as religion is.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Perhaps he could have used a different analogy, but in a sense he isn't wrong about how things seem now. For instance if one believes the climate does in fact change but that man is not the prime cause, you are then denigrated by Bill Nye and the rest of the climate scientist community. If one believes for any reason in a higher power, they too are subjected to denigration by evolutionist.

Its come to a point where it seems the scientific community has begun to resort to slander if you don't agree with them, which closes the door on discussion and debate in favor of "the science is in, because we say so".

At first I was under impression something was wrong with title, but since its politician in question, IQ is not required, but to belive to angry papa on the cloud IS required.

Now, ignorance as this post is in no way different then fossil that made those stupid remarks in op. My friend, key word in your post is BELIVE, you see, scientist don't belive, they use data and evidence, and from all scientist I know, all support evidence that we are main cause for both, rapid climate change as well for on going global extinction event.

Those are facts, but its free country, you can belive wolf really ate red ridig hood and hunter saved her.... But just remeber, belief does not make it real...[

Sigh. Facts that have been altered to fit ones claims? those fact? Yeah still waiting for the proof. Can I ask you something? If everyone believes of an ELE why are people like Bill Nye going on John Oliver to talk about it, as opposed to getting on the Emergency Alert Systen? Why is the answer to this problem carbon credits? In other words, why are people trying to profit off the end of the world? I mean what good is money going to be if the world is gone lol.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

At first I was under impression something was wrong with title, but since its politician in question, IQ is not required, but to belive to angry papa on the cloud IS required.

Now, ignorance as this post is in no way different then fossil that made those stupid remarks in op. My friend, key word in your post is BELIVE, you see, scientist don't belive, they use data and evidence, and from all scientist I know, all support evidence that we are main cause for both, rapid climate change as well for on going global extinction event.

Those are facts, but its free country, you can belive wolf really ate red ridig hood and hunter saved her.... But just remeber, belief does not make it real...[

Sigh. Facts that have been altered to fit ones claims? those fact? Yeah still waiting for the proof. Can I ask you something? If everyone believes of an ELE why are people like Bill Nye going on John Oliver to talk about it, as opposed to getting on the Emergency Alert Systen? Why is the answer to this problem carbon credits? In other words, why are people trying to profit off the end of the world? I mean what good is money going to be if the world is gone lol.

Still waiting for what proof??... Polar bears are floating on chunks of ice heading south, the movie Snows of Kilimanjaro would not be a workable title today, in places like California folks are scrounging for water lets not forget bush fires and severe storms, the alarm had been rang the panic button pushed, but some simply dug in their heels and stick fingers in the ears to blot out the noisy alarm instead of heeding it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

We have a president telling the same thing, but I am sure that you in your wisdom and knowledge are in state of denial of any changes. We know that super storms like the one that hit east coast will just be more frequent and stronger, we have scientist telling us all this things about climate change, but people like you just ignore them and make false comments like this one... like if they are doing it for money, while our reality is that companies that pay politicians that feed you misinformation are actually making money by destroying only planet we all share.

And when you say something like this... "If everyone believes of an ELE" , no my uneducated friend, we don't believe, that is your job - we know and we have data to prove it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Another proud moment for American politics.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

But here is the difference science is not dogma, and is subject to change based off new evidence unless one is talking about stuff in quantum physics or mechanics where weird stuff actually happens, religions is no such thing and will take centuries if ever to admit error.

There is dogma in science. Science is subjected to its people just as religion is.

This is ludicrous!

Really shows what we are dealing with in 2015!!! Sometimes feels like we're dealing with folk from the Dark Ages sometimes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join